• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC Contributor: More White Kids Must Die Before We Understand Racism

For people like Dyson, every untoward event in this country is the result of some form of bigotry.

For people like Dyson, every untoward event in this country is the result of some form of bigotry.
...and in a country who's single greatest historical achievement is centuries of continuous slavery....guess what ....he's exactly correct bud!!

...and in a country who's single greatest historical achievement is centuries of continuous slavery....guess what ....he's exactly correct bud!!
BS. The existence of the country at all is almost a miracle. We freed the slaves shedding blood like water in the process. We later gave them the recognition freedom deserves. Then we pulled the rug out from under them by offering an ugly out which keeps them from realizing the fruits of freedom. Not every ill is born of bigotry, but it looks that way to those who only know one thing.

BS. The existence of the country at all is almost a miracle. We freed the slaves shedding blood like water in the process. We later gave them the recognition freedom deserves. Then we pulled the rug out from under them by offering an ugly out which keeps them from realizing the fruits of freedom. Not every ill is born of bigotry, but it looks that way to those who only know one thing.

LOL....you know why I find your post funny? Today...the democrats (mostly in the north) take credit for ..."freeing the slaves" ! While at the same time ....the republicans (mostly in the south) also argue that they are the ones who ...."freed the slaves".....LOL!!

Know what I think ....maybe the slaves weren't really slaves after all...LOL!!!

Seriously though ....racism would have been almost non-existent today ....if the slaves themselves had literally freed themselves. Even if this was really not true ...but recorded as such historically ...racism would have been non-existent in America. And the only way the slaves could have freed themselves ...was to attack and kill their captures!!

Take a look at the history of all the wars the US have gotten in ...there may be some residual animosity ....but getting your ass kicked in Vietnam, in Perl harbor, in N Korea, provides a measure of respect for those adversaries.

LOL....you know why I find your post funny? Today...the democrats (mostly in the north) take credit for ..."freeing the slaves" ! While at the same time ....the republicans (mostly in the south) also argue that they are the ones who ...."freed the slaves".....LOL!!

Know what I think ....maybe the slaves weren't really slaves after all...LOL!!!

Seriously though ....racism would have been almost non-existent today ....if the slaves themselves had literally freed themselves. Even if this was really not true ...but recorded as such historically ...racism would have been non-existent in America. And the only way the slaves could have freed themselves ...was to attack and kill their captures!!

Take a look at the history of all the wars the US have gotten in ...there may be some residual animosity ....but getting your ass kicked in Vietnam, in Perl harbor, in N Korea, provides a measure of respect for those adversaries.
Not being alive at that time, I don't believe I freed anybody. I'm not certain what to make of the rest of your post. There were rebellions here. You can read about them, if you're interested.

This is the pertinent quote directly from the transcript.

"Not until, and unless, the number of white kids die that approximate the numbers of black and other kids who die, will America see."

Want to ...........ahem.......... interpret that for us Einstein? We college educated folk don't seem to have the ability, in your narcissistic opinion to interpret.

Then again we've seen a Rhodes Scholar testify under oath "it depends on what your definition of is, is".

Facts show most black kids are killed at the hands of other blacks, in order to make his statement true, he's advocating more white kids would need to die at the hands of blacks, not just simply die.

However, I'll wait for your interpretation.

That sentence in no way indicates he desires anyone to die. Can you explain why you are projecting that belief onto him?

we have one black kid killed by a White/Hispanic and justified according to the law, and the black community explodes with race baiter and ones with white guilt fanning the flames but ignore all black on white violence Fifty-six percent of violent crimes committed by blacks have white victims. Only two to three percent of violent crimes committed by whites have black victims.

That is an interesting statistic - do you have a link to it?

Seriously though ....racism would have been almost non-existent today ....if the slaves themselves had literally freed themselves. Even if this was really not true ...but recorded as such historically ...racism would have been non-existent in America. And the only way the slaves could have freed themselves ...was to attack and kill their captures!

Depending on your response, I'm not going to really waste much time with you, as your activity on this thread thus far demonstrates that you lack much in the way of historical acumen, but I'll toss this in your direction: Racism was actually not that much a part of Slavery. Slavery was a universal experience of mankind, stretching back as long as we have written records. Racism as an intellectual position (my race is inherently genetically superior to yours and thus rightfully rules over you) didn't really make an appearance until the latter half of the 19th century, at which point the slaves in the U.S. had already been freed.

Racism was brought in to defend Jim Crow. It was "scientific", after all. It was not why we had slavery.

That's the kind of idiotic crap that makes it impossible for any sane person to take you seriously.

Depending on your response, I'm not going to really waste much time with you, as your activity on this thread thus far demonstrates that you lack much in the way of historical acumen, but I'll toss this in your direction: Racism was actually not that much a part of Slavery. Slavery was a universal experience of mankind, stretching back as long as we have written records. Racism as an intellectual position (my race is inherently genetically superior to yours and thus rightfully rules over you) didn't really make an appearance until the latter half of the 19th century, at which point the slaves in the U.S. had already been freed.

Racism was brought in to defend Jim Crow. It was "scientific", after all. It was not why we had slavery.

That is right. We had slavery because Africans were enjoying great prosperity by selling slaves they'd captured to Dutch Traders. Most every race and culture was engaging in slavery and slavery was not a novel idea at all dreamed up by the USA. In fact, most slaves were destined for the Caribbean to work in sugar cane fields. Very few, by comparison, were brought to the British Colonies, which subsequently became the USA and it only continued for 85 years once the country was born. While only some of the slaves sold to "whites" went to the future United States, virtually all of the slaves sold to whites were sold by blacks.

Virtually every ethnic group of people on the planet were enslaved at one time or another. The rest got over it and no longer use it as a justification for continuing to promote racism.

That is right. We had slavery because Africans were enjoying great prosperity by selling slaves they'd captured to Dutch Traders. Most every race and culture was engaging in slavery and slavery was not a novel idea at all dreamed up by the USA. In fact, most slaves were destined for the Caribbean to work in sugar cane fields. Very few, by comparison, were brought to the British Colonies, which subsequently became the USA and it only continued for 85 years once the country was born. While only some of the slaves sold to "whites" went to the future United States, virtually all of the slaves sold to whites were sold by blacks.

Virtually every ethnic group of people on the planet were enslaved at one time or another. The rest got over it and no longer use it as a justification for continuing to promote racism.

Yadda...Yadda...yadda...I didn't do it....slavery wasn't that bad .....we weren't the only ones who did ...save it!

I have heard all the excuses before. Every white person since the first slave arrived in America ....till today ...benefit immensely from slavery!!
Like I said ...slavery....is America's greatest historical event.

Yadda...Yadda...yadda...I didn't do it....slavery wasn't that bad .....we weren't the only ones who did ...save it!

I have heard all the excuses before. Every white person since the first slave arrived in America ....till today ...benefit immensely from slavery!!
Like I said ...slavery....is America's greatest historical event.

You've heard it all before and yet it still hasn't sunk into your skull yet. I guess you're just a slow learner.

never was a racist but calling out trash like him makes me one then i will be proud to be called one
how many babies like that need to be shot in the face to relieve your white guilt tell me what is the number

What the hell are you talking about? I have no "white guilt," I am black. Was it racist calling him "trash?" No, not at all. Was it wrong referring to his race in a derogatory statement and generalization? Yes, it was.

Back
Top Bottom