• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC challenges people to show instances of its "fundraising."

Whovian said:
Z on TV: MSNBC crosses line on fund raising -- just like Fox - TV show critic David Zurawik on the show business, culture and craziness of television - baltimoresun.com

This is EXACTLY what happened on Hannity. If What happend on Hannity is called fund-rasing, then so is this. Period. End of story. No spin possible.

Ouchie. I guess the point isn't moot after all eh?

spank.gif

I anxiously await the coming spin attempt.

Pffff. I posted that very link a while back; didn't faze Pete. My guess is that Schulz, Olby, and Maddow could all come out and say "OK, yeah, we did the same thing," and Pete would scream "NO YOU GUYS DIDN'T!!!!!" at the screen.

Pffff. I posted that very link a while back; didn't faze Pete. My guess is that Schulz, Olby, and Maddow could all come out and say "OK, yeah, we did the same thing," and Pete would scream "NO YOU GUYS DIDN'T!!!!!" at the screen.

yelling%20at%20tv.jpg

Z on TV: MSNBC crosses line on fund raising -- just like Fox - TV show critic David Zurawik on the show business, culture and craziness of television - baltimoresun.com

This is EXACTLY what happened on Hannity. If What happend on Hannity is called fund-rasing, then so is this. Period. End of story. No spin possible.
Your wrong, Jack Conway said those words that took a few a few seconds, you can't expect the MSNBC crew to know what he would say or cut his mike. Apple and oranges.

Your wrong, Jack Conway said those words that took a few a few seconds, you can't expect the MSNBC crew to know what he would say or cut his mike. Apple and oranges.

Wrong. See, since the 1960's live broadcast television and now, cable television run on a 5-10 second delay (called a 7 second delay), so that the unexpected comments can be cut out without adversely affecting the overall broadcast. If they wanted to, MSNBC could have cut it out, but they didn't --- and they didn't multiple times. And if the Ed Show is taped, it certainly could be edited out of the tape and broadcast that way. And it's the same damn thing pal... you're disingenuous defense of this is further eroding what little credibility you may still have - and I even question that little bit.

So, if a guest on Hannity asks for dimes and nickels, that's bad and he should have had his mike cut before it could happen... but when a guest on Ed asks for support, they simply did not have time to cut his mike?

Are you for real?

So, if a guest on Hannity asks for dimes and nickels, that's bad and he should have had his mike cut before it could happen... but when a guest on Ed asks for support, they simply did not have time to cut his mike?

Are you for real?

I think what Phil Griffin was speaking about what happened on O'Reilly's show.
Phil Griffin, the president of MSNBC, and others strenuously object to the idea that Fox and MSNBC are opposite sides of the same coin. “Show me an example of us fund-raising,” he said in a recent interview.

Those examples exist at Fox. The channel was the subject of an election complaint in Ohio because Mr. Kasich was able to ask for money and display his Web site address during an interview in August on “The O’Reilly Factor,” Fox’s biggest prime time talk show. Mr. Kasich used to host a weekend show on Fox, and Mr. Murdoch has called him a friend.

Mr. Daschle, whose group filed the complaint, called it “free advertising,” and recited Mr. Kasich’s claim in a campaign speech that he raised over $21,000 in the 12 hours after the interview. The association withdrew its original complaint in order to amend it; Mr. Daschle said it would file a new complaint soon.

A spokeswoman for Fox News said the channel declined to comment for this article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/24/us/politics/24cable.html?_r=1

I think you'll think whatever you need to in order to keep MSNBC off the hook.

I think you'll think whatever you need to in order to keep MSNBC off the hook.

RULE 5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon." There is no defense. It's irrational. It's infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

RULE 5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon." There is no defense. It's irrational. It's infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

Well, Pete, when you refuse to see what's right in front of your face, there isn't much else I can conclude.

You need to read what you quote.:lamo:lamo

At least I don't tunnel vision like you do, c'mon baby snap out of it!!! I can't help if you don't like my quotes, have you seen how many people complain about yours???. :lamo :lamo :lamo

Back
Top Bottom