• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC “Elon is trying to control how people think. That is our job”

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Transcript

"The dangerous edges here are that he is trying to undermine the media, trying to make up his own facts, and it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsen, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. and that is our job."

There you have it, the media's view of themselves and their mission to control what you think and believe.

"undermined the messaging"? Yes, the coordinated manipulation of American voters: propaganda.

There you have it, the media's view of themselves and their mission to control what you think and believe.

"undermined the messaging"? Yes, the coordinated manipulation of American voters: propaganda.

What does Elon want me to think?

Maybe it was time I joined twitter.

I know how I want people to think.

Why doesn't Elon come debate here? Maybe he does. Sign on as Elon Musk, for as long as you can stand it. Then you would have clout. Then people would listen to you. Then I would have some company. Then your ideas would have to stand pier review.

We should join up and be a team.

First I have to make how Elon Musk thinks.

I bet he's a Republican. Nope, swing voter. Like Me.

Politically, Musk has described himself as "half Democrat, half Republican" and "I'm somewhere in the middle, socially liberal and fiscally conservative." In 2018, he stated that he was "not a conservative. I'm registered independent [and] politically moderate."

LOL that thought definitely did not come out the way she wanted it to.

Of course, it did. She sees that as being the proper job (mission?) of those in the infotainment business. Simply because she is not especially good at it, doesn’t mean she doesn’t understand it.

Of course, it did. She sees that as being the proper job (mission?) of those in the infotainment business. Simply because she is not especially good at it, doesn’t mean she doesn’t understand it.
LOL, right wingers are so off the deep end they really do think journalists are in some sort of evil cabal who really does see themselves as responsible for thought control.

I don’t see what Joe sees in that woman.Years ago the show was watchable. They are approaching Fox primetime for the scream at the tv impulse……

She constantly trades on her father’s notoriety.

And Fox does it even worse. Since it's not going to stop, it has been a competition to grab the most viewers. That's media. Don't like what they're telling you, switch to the next network or don't watch at all.

And Fox does it even worse. Since it's not going to stop, it has been a competition to grab the most viewers. That's media. Don't like what they're telling you, switch to the next network or don't watch at all.

Notice how the left try to change the subject, point in other directions, blame other people. They learned it from the media they watch.

The same media who believes it's their job to manipulate the conversation to their narrative and agenda. Like what MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski just told us. More posters will follow, trying to divert your attention from what you just saw yourself.

Notice how the left try to change the subject, point in other directions, blame other people. They learned it from the media they watch.

The same media who believes it's their job to manipulate the conversation to their narrative and agenda. Like what MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski just told us. More posters will follow, trying to divert your attention from what you just saw yourself.
So you, too, are admitting that you believe that statement came out exactly as the thought she intended?

OK, so why should that (bolded above) not apply to Twitter users? Her point was that Twitter now has a (how to think?) bias which she favors, thus fears that Elon Musk would remove or change it.

LOL, right wingers are so off the deep end they really do think journalists are in some sort of evil cabal who really does see themselves as responsible for thought control.

They are and they do. They work from a script of buzzwords that weave a blanket of news coverage that seems plausible.

They did it with the Russia Hoax, Kavanaugh, impeachment, insurrection, flatten the curve, masks, mandates, Twitter.

They absolutely want to control the messaging, and their messaging are scripted and disseminated talking points manufactured by PR consultants for the DNC, repeating and parroting each other. You'll notice it when you begin to hear the same words and phrases being uttered on every channel, every newscast, different presenters. For example:

Last edited:
So you, too, are admitting that you believe that statement came out exactly as the thought she intended?

I've discovered through past interaction that discussion with you is a waste of time. I may, in the future, use your posts to illustrate the dishonesty or stupidity of the left, as I did above. Have a great weekend.

But she day say exactly what she meant. She just shouldn’t have said it in the open Mike. But it’s OK, everyone knows what the media does, it’s painfully obvious

Not the same news disinformation source here but the single most recconized source of media lies
E0E84179-BE93-4F2A-B89F-57948C884E6F.jpeg

Last edited:
You obviously have not watched enough of those two. There are bucket loads of open mouth and insert foot at "Morning Joe" mostly by Joe and Mika. Joe is imprecise and undisciplined and meanders between his cornpone "I am just a poor country lawyer" act and reveling in the good ole' days with ........Newt Gingrich. Gimme a break Joe.

While throwing around her daddy's name liberally Mika appears to have learned nothing at his feet. Oddly enough MSNBC has given them another hour of airtime to fill.....a mistake I believe MSNBC will grow too regret if they don't already. They now run from 6-10AM daily.

Then at 4-6PM you have Nicole Wallace boundlessly unrepentant about her good ole' days with card carrying IDIOT.......Bush 43. Her show was also expanded from 1 hour to 2. That is a little easier for the Network to take than 4 frigging hours of Joe and Mika. Remembering that Mika is appended to Joe you have to wonder what MSNBC is shooting for, a left leaning network and modest offset to the utterly off the cliff edge Fox News or a repentance tour for wayward Republicans. They have slated 6 of the most important hours of the day for the repentant Republicans tour. Then they have Andrea Mitchell at noon, doing her best imitation of an over the hill Democrat. The ever bombastic Lawrence O'Donnell from 10-11PM. Chris Hayes from 8-9PM is now one of their best not because he has upped his game as much as the rest of the lineup is a bit of a mess.

MSNBC is still reeling from having lost the guy swimming the anchor leg for them, Brian Williams probably the best there ever was amongst the 24/7's at that time slot. They were struggling just to move people around to accommodate that role. Stephanie Rule who breaks into tears at the drop of the hat has the 11-12pm slot now. Then Maddow decides she does not like the idea of holding down an hour long slot 5 days a week goes off ostensibly to work on "projects". She has just come back to her show but claims she will trim back from 5 shows a week to 1. The parent network needs to do some ASAP. Hope they realize it for their own good.

Beyond those mentioned by name above, the rest of the day's hosts are basically fill-ins. They have likely found one real gem in Ali Vehshi who has done yeoman work from Ukraine while filing in for Maddow as well.

I have said it before and will say it again now, 24/7 news was a horrible idea that never ever was 24/7 news programing anyway. The world produces about two hours of actual news each day worthy of TV airtime that can be accommodated by the limitations of a video media. That two hours is repeated 4-6 times per day followed by sometimes interesting, mostly outrageous opinion offered by celebrities that really should not be offering an opinion on anything past whether a doberman's ears should be cropped or not....that goes for all of them on all 3 of the big 24/7's. I will not be offering that some statue should be erected to Ted Turner iff and when he beats me to the grave.

Iraq2 made CNN though we had to endure endless hours of reporters standing on the rooftops of their hotels with literally nothing to report. In truth, 24/7 news does not need an election or a riot or a protest to make their bones.They need wars. Without them they are totally useless and they barely serve a purpose when there is a war to cover.

That one made me laugh. I’ve seen the headline about this over last day or so and I thought it was someone fishing her statement. I didn’t realize she actually said those words verbatim.

Talk about letting the mask slip.

You obviously have not watched enough of those two. There are bucket loads of open mouth and insert foot at "Morning Joe" mostly by Joe and Mika. Joe is imprecise and undisciplined and meanders between his cornpone "I am just a poor country lawyer" act and reveling in the good ole' days with ........Newt Gingrich. Gimme a break Joe.

While throwing around her daddy's name liberally Mika appears to have learned nothing at his feet. Oddly enough MSNBC has given them another hour of airtime to fill.....a mistake I believe MSNBC will grow too regret if they don't already. They now run from 6-10AM daily.

Then at 4-6PM you have Nicole Wallace boundlessly unrepentant about her good ole' days with card carrying IDIOT.......Bush 43. Her show was also expanded from 1 hour to 2. That is a little easier for the Network to take than 4 frigging hours of Joe and Mika. Remembering that Mika is appended to Joe you have to wonder what MSNBC is shooting for, a left leaning network and modest offset to the utterly off the cliff edge Fox News or a repentance tour for wayward Republicans. They have slated 6 of the most important hours of the day for the repentant Republicans tour. Then they have Andrea Mitchell at noon, doing her best imitation of an over the hill Democrat. The ever bombastic Lawrence O'Donnell from 10-11PM. Chris Hayes from 8-9PM is now one of their best not because he has upped his game as much as the rest of the lineup is a bit of a mess.

MSNBC is still reeling from having lost the guy swimming the anchor leg for them, Brian Williams probably the best there ever was amongst the 24/7's at that time slot. They were struggling just to move people around to accommodate that role. Stephanie Rule who breaks into tears at the drop of the hat has the 11-12pm slot now. Then Maddow decides she does not like the idea of holding down an hour long slot 5 days a week goes off ostensibly to work on "projects". She has just come back to her show but claims she will trim back from 5 shows a week to 1. The parent network needs to do some ASAP. Hope they realize it for their own good.

Beyond those mentioned by name above, the rest of the day's hosts are basically fill-ins. They have likely found one real gem in Ali Vehshi who has done yeoman work from Ukraine while filing in for Maddow as well.

I have said it before and will say it again now, 24/7 news was a horrible idea that never ever was 24/7 news programing anyway. The world produces about two hours of actual news each day worthy of TV airtime that can be accommodated by the limitations of a video media. That two hours is repeated 4-6 times per day followed by sometimes interesting, mostly outrageous opinion offered by celebrities that really should not be offering an opinion on anything past whether a doberman's ears should be cropped or not....that goes for all of them on all 3 of the big 24/7's. I will not be offering that some statue should be erected to Ted Turner iff and when he beats me to the grave.

All that, plus parroting DNC talking points verbatim.

All that, plus parroting DNC talking points verbatim.
While Fox News parrots RNC and Putin talking points verbatim. The RNC I could take if they were not now tied at the hip to Trump who is tied at the hip to Vladimir the Butcher.p

Pontificating is what the 3 major 24/7's do all day long. Has nothing whatsoever to do with news:
- Fox pontificates using RNC talking points
- MSNBC pontificates using DNC talking points
- CNN does not care as its bias is dog pile on the carpet narratives and it simply does not really care if they use an RNC or a DNC talking point as long as it can push forward a dog pile on the carpet narrative. Not entirely sure that CNN is more palatable than the two 24/7's that actually exhibit recognizable political bias.

While Fox News parrots RNC and Putin talking points verbatim. The RNC I could take if they were not now tied at the hip to Trump who is tied at the hip to Vladimir the Butcher.p

Pontificating is what the 3 major 24/7's do all day long. Has nothing whatsoever to do with news:
- Fox pontificates using RNC talking points
- MSNBC pontificates using DNC talking points
- CNN does not care as its bias is dog pile on the carpet narratives and it simply does not really care if they use an RNC or a DNC talking point as long as it can push forward a dog pile on the carpet narrative. Not entirely sure that CNN is more palatable than the two 24/7's that actually exhibit recognizable political bias.

^^ This is a liberal smokescreen in all its glory.

^^ This is a liberal smokescreen in all its glory.
What are you complaining about? Make a point why don't you. Why is what I wrote a smokescreen? Whats the matter....can't take dealing with the actual reality of 24/7 "news"?

What are you complaining about? Make a point why don't you. Why is what I wrote a smokescreen? Whats the matter....can't take dealing with the actual reality of 24/7 "news"?

Your team has been exposed for what they are, which triggered your whattaboutism smokescreen instead of addressing the OP.

Enjoy your tantrum.

Back
Top Bottom