• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

MSN news anchor cuts loose on the government.

[Moderator mode]

Moved thread to "Hurricane Katrina"

[/Moderator mode]

AllAmericanRageJunky said:
ok, but it was actualy in the news. lol

It could've gone to "Bias In The News" also...

I was sitting here for over a minute wondering if it was in the right place...

Yes, I understand "Today's News" could be argued, but the hurricane has its own thread, so we would have the same subject in two different places...

Since Olbermann's thrust was the hurricane, I decided to throw it in here...:2wave:

did anyone catch this?

I must say I rather enjoyed that.

What was his point in all the diatribe? Other than a lot of misplaced hyperbole and emotional injected nonsense.

Mostly that our governments bureaucracy and corruption has been brought to light by Katrina.

Mostly that our governments bureaucracy and corruption has been brought to light by Katrina.

To Obermann: DUH!

Actually alot of what he said was garbage and totally misinformed. He like many reporters are still under the impression that FEMA is a first responder and that state and local give way to the Fed's in a disaster.

FinnMacCool said:
Let's just hope we do a real investigation of this instead of just "moving on".

What we need is a joint Congressional/Executive branch investigation. Those doing the investigation should be answerable to the voters. What we don't need is another sham like the 9/11 commission. If that is what we get I certainly expect the Democrats to put Landrieu and Blanco on it.

Yep! This was the first big test of the DHS and it failed miserably. Terrorists wont show up radar.

Back
Top Bottom