• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSLSD Non-stop Agitprop on Zimmerman

wbcoleman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Is there any other way to describe their "coverage"?

Man that's a tinfoil hat phraseology bingo in one thread title.

Man that's a tinfoil hat phraseology bingo in one thread title.

Well, I was trying to get your attention. But, honestly, what they're putting on-air IS agitprop. CNN and Fox are presenting both sides, MSLSD, to put it mildly, is not.

But does it matter?

MSNBC crushed in Zimmerman ratings race - POLITICO.com

MSNBC crushed in Zimmerman ratings race

By DYLAN BYERS | 7/15/13 12:12 PM EDT
MSNBC's ratings woes came into sharp relief on Monday with the release of the preliminary numbers for the Zimmerman verdict.

In the 10-11 p.m. hour on Saturday night, when the verdict in, Fox News had 3,682,000 total viewers; CNN had 3,407,000 total viewers and won the coveted demo with 1,716,000 viewers aged 25-to-54.

In the same hour, MSNBC had 1,298,000 total viewers -- about one-third of Fox's total -- and a mere 510,000 viewers in the demo. (These are preliminary numbers; finals are in tomorrow.)

Despite branding itself as "the place for politics," MSNBC went wall-to-wall on the Zimmerman trial after watching its ratings tank in recent months. It doesn't seemed to have helped.

I found CNN's coverage of the trial to be the best and most balanced of the big three networks. Fox News came in 2nd, but MSNBC was a very distant 3rd.

Kinda reminded me why I stopped watching MSNBC, save Rachel Maddow once in a while. She's like an oasis in the desert.

Watching Tweety for a change. Wow, he's off-message. Seems to think that maybe the Zimmerman prosecution didn't have much of a case. He must be a hidden racist!

Sensationalist. What Benghazi was to FOX, Martin is to MSNBC.

No, FOX never called for riots and protests over Bengazi. But obviously you approve of the coverage FOX did, or you wouldn't cite it as justification for MSNBC.

Death can be highly profitable to the mega-millionaire talking heads on the rage-cable networks. MSNBC might get lucky and make millions and earning raises in salary if they succeed in getting people killed. Ideally, black people killed and then they can rage on for a month and make millions more.

Death can be highly profitable to the mega-millionaire talking heads on the rage-cable networks. MSNBC might get lucky and make millions and earning raises in salary if they succeed in getting people killed. Ideally, black people killed and then they can rage on for a month and make millions more.

Didn't work. Their ratings on Saturday night were pathetic.

Except Benghazi is a justified covered event, Zimmerman/Martin, blown out of proportion.

Benghazi was a justified covered event. Fox's coverage has been a bit disproportionate to what's been found out.

The conservative media also had a field day blowing up the Z/M incident. Unless you expect me to believe that he suddenly became a RW cause celebre because you all were watching MSNBC.

Benghazi was a justified covered event. Fox's coverage has been a bit disproportionate to what's been found out.

The conservative media also had a field day blowing up the Z/M incident. Unless you expect me to believe that he suddenly became a RW cause celebre because you all were watching MSNBC.

Conservative Media blew up the Z/M incident? By reporting the truth and not the racial craziness? Hmmm...

Conservative Media blew up the Z/M incident? By reporting the truth and not the racial craziness? Hmmm...

They didn't have to cover it at all. They are as much to blame for their sensationalist coverage. We didn't need a special subforum because Liberals were making every other thread about it.

No, FOX never called for riots and protests over Bengazi. But obviously you approve of the coverage FOX did, or you wouldn't cite it as justification for MSNBC.

MSNBC called for riots?

Back
Top Bottom