• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mrs. Bill Clinton's TV show cancelled

Stinger said:
Oh I don't. 24 is about the only network show I watch. Too bad they are blowing chance to have an interesting political show though and instead are having a sex scandal show that just happens to be in the White House.

You think much more highly of the American public than I do. They have no chance to have an interesting political show. Nobody would watch it. Hence, the scandals.

Stinger said:
Our grandchild is not quite old enough yet but we did find out we are having another in about 8 months!

Congrats!

Kelzie said:
You think much more highly of the American public than I do. They have no chance to have an interesting political show. Nobody would watch it. Hence, the scandals.

Well it came back with more bad acting, more bad plot, and incredulas acts by President Mack. Not working out too good for Hillary and her Hollywood supporters

"By Paul J. Gough Fri Apr 14, 8:43 PM ET

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - "Commander in Chief" wasn't able to muster the troops in its return to primetime Thursday.

if (window.yzq_a == null) document.write(""); if (window.yzq_a) { yzq_a('p', 'P=3qpW2c6.I3qixNCBQ_89zQR.DGsghURE7fIABrFW&T=19sls1ll3%2fX%3d1145368050%2fE%3d46078144%2fR%3dnews%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d1.1%2fW%3d8%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d3996247269%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJJdDtBbWVyaWNhbjtyZWZ1cmxfbmV3c19zZWFyY2hfeWFob29fY29tIiByZWZ1cmw9InJlZnVybF9uZXdzX3NlYXJjaF95YWhvb19jb20iIHRvcGljcz0icmVmdXJsX25ld3Nfc2VhcmNoX3lhaG9vX2NvbSI-%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d4323BECE'); yzq_a('a', '&U=139c4v99j%2fN%3dU3Rgos6.Irw-%2fC%3d429104.8297442.9180194.2896325%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d3512069'); }
b

The ABC drama, which stars Geena Davis as the nation's first female president, averaged 8.2 million viewers and a 2.4 rating/7 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary ratings data from Nielsen Media Research.
In its new 10 p.m. slot, "Commander" was defeated handily by CBS's "Without a Trace" (18.6 million, 5.7/16). It had a couple million more viewers than a repeat of NBC's "ER" (6 million, 2.6/7) but the repeat did better in the demo."

Instead of improving they sank lower.

Stinger said:
Well it came back with more bad acting, more bad plot, and incredulas acts by President Mack. Not working out too good for Hillary and her Hollywood supporters

"By Paul J. Gough Fri Apr 14, 8:43 PM ET

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - "Commander in Chief" wasn't able to muster the troops in its return to primetime Thursday.

if (window.yzq_a == null) document.write(""); if (window.yzq_a) { yzq_a('p', 'P=3qpW2c6.I3qixNCBQ_89zQR.DGsghURE7fIABrFW&T=19sls1ll3%2fX%3d1145368050%2fE%3d46078144%2fR%3dnews%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d1.1%2fW%3d8%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d3996247269%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJJdDtBbWVyaWNhbjtyZWZ1cmxfbmV3c19zZWFyY2hfeWFob29fY29tIiByZWZ1cmw9InJlZnVybF9uZXdzX3NlYXJjaF95YWhvb19jb20iIHRvcGljcz0icmVmdXJsX25ld3Nfc2VhcmNoX3lhaG9vX2NvbSI-%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d4323BECE'); yzq_a('a', '&U=139c4v99j%2fN%3dU3Rgos6.Irw-%2fC%3d429104.8297442.9180194.2896325%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d3512069'); }
b

The ABC drama, which stars Geena Davis as the nation's first female president, averaged 8.2 million viewers and a 2.4 rating/7 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary ratings data from Nielsen Media Research.
In its new 10 p.m. slot, "Commander" was defeated handily by CBS's "Without a Trace" (18.6 million, 5.7/16). It had a couple million more viewers than a repeat of NBC's "ER" (6 million, 2.6/7) but the repeat did better in the demo."

Instead of improving they sank lower.

Oh look at that. It didn't get pulled. Like I said. And it did better than ER, which has been around forever.

Kelzie said:
Oh look at that. It didn't get pulled. Like I said. And it did better than ER, which has been around forever.

Not to mention.....what the heck do they expect to happen when they put a show on hiatus for two months? That's why Fox cancelled Reunion....they didn't have a new episode for the whole month of October because of the World Series, and they'd only even shown a handful of episodes prior to that, so they didn't even give the show time to build up a fan base.

Heck, 8.2 million? That's better than what The O.C. and Smallville pull in on an average week, and I'm pretty sure neither of those shows are going anywhere.

Stace said:
Not to mention.....what the heck do they expect to happen when they put a show on hiatus for two months?

Well usually, and especially after the hype they put out, a BIG ratings night. they didn't get it, they fell. They need a 15 share, up from 10, to stay on the air according to inside sources, they fell to 8.

Heck, 8.2 million? That's better than what The O.C. and Smallville

Which I bet have no where near the budget and don't have to charge near what C&C have to charge for ad time which requires BIG ratings.

Bad writing, bad acting, bad characters = bad ratings

Stinger said:
Well usually, and especially after the hype they put out, a BIG ratings night. they didn't get it, they fell. They need a 15 share, up from 10, to stay on the air according to inside sources, they fell to 8.

I certainly didn't see much hype over it. Same trap Reunion fell into....they didn't promo it nearly enough, and most folks didn't even know it was back on.

Which I bet have no where near the budget and don't have to charge near what C&C have to charge for ad time which requires BIG ratings.

Bad writing, bad acting, bad characters = bad ratings

Are you kidding me? Smallville and The O.C. are HUGE. Smallville's about to wrap up its fifth season; The O.C. is wrapping up its third. I love both shows, but even I have to agree with the folks over at Television Without Pity when they comment on the subpar acting and writing. And The O.C.? Don't even get me started on how they're really starting to make me hate Seth and Marissa, who were my two favorites in the beginning.....

Stace said:
I certainly didn't see much hype over it. Same trap Reunion fell into....they didn't promo it nearly enough, and most folks didn't even know it was back on.

I think you just missed it all.

Are you kidding me? Smallville and The O.C. are HUGE.

I have no idea I don't watch them. I can only comment of what the insiders at ABC are saying about the future for CinC which has a role to play in Mrs. Bill Clinton's run for office.

Kelzie said:

Oh look at that, it did.

ABC pulls 'Commander in Chief'

LOS ANGELES, May 2 (UPI) -- ABC TV has put an abrupt term limit on its freshman drama, "Commander in Chief."
The network Tuesday announced it was pulling the Geena Davis series for the rest of May sweeps and running the newsmagazine "Primetime" in its 10 p.m. Thursday slot for the final three weeks of the season, Zap2it.com reported.

http://upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060502-073554-9648r

What or what will Mrs. Bill do without her weekly campaign commericial?

And if Geena Davis had any honor she would have decline the stupid award the UN gave her and appolgized to our country for allowing herself to be introduced to the song which honors our President "Hail to the Chief". That was one of the most egotistical, narcisisitic things I have ever heard of.

Back
Top Bottom