• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mrs. Bill Clinton's TV show cancelled

Navy Pride said:
Please let her get the democratic nomination....Every night before I go to sleep when I say my prayers I say a little prater that she gets the nomination...........I can't think of anything better for conservatives in this country..........

Me neither!!! It's about time you guys see what a real president is like. I'm sure you'll become a big Hillary fan over time.

teacher said:
Or should I just start in on it now? So far? Dennis Miller has the best line yet.

Miller: "I'm sorry, but if she runs old Bill is just gonna do it again. He can't help it."

Do you know what the Football is? The guy who carried it while Clinton was in in office has some sweet stories. Go see if you can goggle the elevator story. Yea, we need her as CIC.

What does it matter what Bill does? We're electing Hillary, not him. Besides, I think he should be the next UN secretary general.

Kelzie said:
What does it matter what Bill does? We're electing Hillary, not him. Besides, I think he should be the next UN secretary general.

Nah, didn't you know they're gonna nominate him for the Supreme Court? :roll:

Stace said:
Nah, didn't you know they're gonna nominate him for the Supreme Court? :roll:

No seriously, it's a great idea. I read a very convincing article on it in The Economist. Think about it. Nobody can represent America's interests as well while still being wildly popular around the world. That and he supposedly has an encyclopedic knowledge of world history/current events.

Kelzie said:
No seriously, it's a great idea. I read a very convincing article on it in The Economist. Think about it. Nobody can represent America's interests as well while still being wildly popular around the world. That and he supposedly has an encyclopedic knowledge of world history/current events.

Good points.....but I'm sure someone here has an argument against all that.....

Kelzie said:

Just as long as everyone keeps their wives and daughters locked up...;)

teacher said:
Or should I just start in on it now? So far? Dennis Miller has the best line yet.

Miller: "I'm sorry, but if she runs old Bill is just gonna do it again. He can't help it."

Do you know what the Football is? The guy who carried it while Clinton was in in office has some sweet stories. Go see if you can goggle the elevator story. Yea, we need her as CIC.

lmfao you saw that stand up it's hilarious how about the part where he says the part about Hillary not knowing about Bill sneaking around on her and then Dennis said that: "well then I don't think you're smart enough to be my president."

Kelzie said:

You might find this hard to believe but so do I it's about time that a U.S. citizen becomes the head of the very organization that we created and pay for. And anyone would be better than Annan. But Clinton actually nominated Tony Blaire for the job, he would be pretty good for it too.

Kelzie said:
She's an independent. I think they're preparing the American subconscious for the inevitable.

They were using to show to prep the public and like Mrs. Bill Clinton trying to hide her radical liberal views, tried to make Geena an "independent" and of course her advisary and creepy old REPUBLICAN.

Didn't work.

And then on 24 they ruined a good story line by making the villan a CONSERVATIVE!

Stinger said:
And then on 24 they ruined a good story line by making the villan a CONSERVATIVE!
You think Hollyweird would have it any other way?

Stace said:
I hate to burst any bubbles, but Commander In Chief hasn't been cancelled. Not yet, anyway. It is simply going on a broadcast hiatus until spring so that ABC can premiere a new series, Sons & Daughters. Networks do this stuff more often than people realize. Fox does it every year for the World Series. :shrug:

:rofl the writings on the wall. If it was doing well do you really think they'd pull it for some untested new show?

Kelzie said:
Me neither!!! It's about time you guys see what a real president is like. I'm sure you'll become a big Hillary fan over time.

Hmm you must know quite a bit about her since you offer her your undying support.

Her chosen profession, her life as an independent woman, was as an attorney. Can you tell me her two or three greatest accomplishments as an attorney?

How about as a Senator, what are the most praise worthy pieces of legislation she authored and was able to get signed into law?

And why did she tell the RTC that she had no relationship with Madison Guarnty Bank or the McDugles when she petition the RTC to represent the Government in thier case against them. Do you think that was ethical on her part when she put together the sweat heart deal for them and screwed the taxpayers?

I just wonder why anyone would support Mrs. Bill Clinton for high office. Compared to Condi she's a light weight and certainly not someone to be trusted.

Clinton clearly aspires to become Sec Gen of the UN. Unfortunately for him, the Sec Gen traditionally does not come from a country with permanent status on the UN Sec Council.

Clinton seems to seek redemption from the scandals of his Presidency on the world stage and his activities have consistently reflected the theme of 'second chances'. Former Clinton health care policy architect Ira Magaziner was quoted by the WP not long ago,

" "Some of the problems that have bedeviled him at home and made him controversial don't really exist abroad," Magaziner said. "My sense is he wants to make his ex-presidency one where he has really major accomplishments in the world." "

Stinger said:
:rofl the writings on the wall. If it was doing well do you really think they'd pull it for some untested new show?

Uh, yes, I do. I've seen it happen before, and I'm more than certain I'll see it again.

Navy Pride said:
Just as long as everyone keeps their wives and daughters locked up...;)

Or we could just let "everyone's," otherwise known as men's, wives and daughters decide for themselves whether they want to sleep with Bill Clinton. ;)

Stinger said:
Hmm you must know quite a bit about her since you offer her your undying support.

Her chosen profession, her life as an independent woman, was as an attorney. Can you tell me her two or three greatest accomplishments as an attorney?

No and I don't care. I'm not supporting her because she was a good attorney.

How about as a Senator, what are the most praise worthy pieces of legislation she authored and was able to get signed into law?

In my opinion, the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act. But I suppose everyone has their favorites. The Count Every Vote Act was also very popular.

And why did she tell the RTC that she had no relationship with Madison Guarnty Bank or the McDugles when she petition the RTC to represent the Government in thier case against them. Do you think that was ethical on her part when she put together the sweat heart deal for them and screwed the taxpayers?

Right. Cause politicians never help out their friends. Haliburton anyone?

I just wonder why anyone would support Mrs. Bill Clinton for high office. Compared to Condi she's a light weight and certainly not someone to be trusted.

I dunno, maybe cause unlike Condi she has some experience in public office, not to mention respect world wide. Just a thought. But keep pushing for someone with no experience.

Stace said:
Uh, yes, I do. I've seen it happen before, and I'm more than certain I'll see it again.

Not unless they do some major changes and are willing to roll the dice, the viewers just weren't liking enough else it would be on and in production. It is neither. A 40% drop in viewers. But for now it ain't in the schedule and no date if it ever will be.

Stinger said:
Not unless they do some major changes and are willing to roll the dice, the viewers just weren't liking enough else it would be on and in production. It is neither. A 40% drop in viewers. But for now it ain't in the schedule and no date if it ever will be.

That's funny....the show averages 14 million viewers a week. American Idol, as an example, had 20 million last week. Not that big of a difference, really.

So, you've seen ABC's schedule for the next 5 months? Sorry, but they don't just pull shows that abruptly. Usually, there's some kind of warning.

Originally Posted by Stinger

Kelzie said:
No and I don't care. I'm not supporting her because she was a good attorney.

But if she were a bad attorney wouldn't that effect how you view her as someone who can accomplish things, her leadership skill for example. She was a member of the largest most powerful law firm in the state of Arkanasa, surely there must be something positive you can cite about her career as an attorney.

In my opinion, the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act.

That's the top of the list? And Act which basically codified some existing rules and added some regulation (and increased time to get new mircle drugs to market) concerning our already very safe drug industry and an Act which she was NOT the sole author or sponsor. It was a very bi-partisian, not very major piece of legislation.

April 17, 2002
Senators Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY), Mike DeWine (R-OH) and Chris Dodd (D-CT) announced today they plan to introduce legislation that would reinstate the "Pediatric Rule" at the Food and Drug Administration. The rule would require manufacturers to test the safety of their medicines for children.
On March 18, the FDA announced that it would suspend the Pediatric Rule, which was put in place in 1998.

But I suppose everyone has their favorites. The Count Every Vote Act was also very popular.

And when was that passed? And again she was not the sole author of that bill she joined in.

Quote:

Right. Cause politicians never help out their friends. Haliburton anyone?

Wrong she was an attorney at the time, shouldn't she have told the RTC of her business and personal relationship with Madison Guaranty and the McDougals, is there something called conflict of interest. And then she persuaded the judge, on behalf of her client you and me the taxpayer, to let them off with a laughable fine. Is this the kind of business you want done when she gets in the White House?

I bet you didn't even know about all that did you.

Quote:
I dunno, maybe cause unlike Condi she has some experience in public office,

Really? What kind of experience does she have that rates her above Condi Rice?

not to mention respect world wide.

And Condi doesn't?

Just a thought. But keep pushing for someone with no experience.

Experience at what? What did Mrs. Bill Clinton do at the White House versus what Condi Rice has done? What accomplishments does Mrs. Bill Clinton have on her resume' versus Condi Rice?

I dunno, maybe cause unlike Condi she has some experience in public office, not to mention respect world wide. Just a thought. But keep pushing for someone with no experience.[/quote]

Or wait, here we go.....somehow, the LA Times says that American Idol had 34 million viewers last week, but eh. Commander In Chief had 10 million. Let's see here....My Name Is Earl is a new show this year, they also pulled in about 10 million viewers last week....heck, Smallville is a pretty popular show, and last week's episode was a milestone, and they only got 6 million viewers last week....

Stack it up to other shows yourself. It's not doing nearly as badly as you think....ranking 39th out of 146 ain't bad at all.....

http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/ratings/cl-et-tvratingstext1feb01,0,3398929.story?coll=cl-tvratings

Kelzie said:

For UN that is, surely you would not support this man to sit as a Justice on the Supreme Court, not with his legal standing.

As far as the UN, of course it would take Mrs. Bill Clinton to nominate him, or at least approve of his nominiation. I believe it is protocol at the UN that the nominee's country must sign on, but I stand to be corrected on that. And the UN would then have to consider whether they would want the Secretary General having such an intimate relationship with the head of state of the most powerful country in the world. And of course does Mrs. Bill Clinton want to share world power with her husband after she has taken so much off of him already to get where she is. She doesn't want to share the limelight with him. And another Democrat? Same problem, do they want Clinton to out shine them in the world arena?

Of course how long would it take him to get caught dropping his pants in the office of the Secretary General's office. He does have a history of such things.

Don't you think Joe Lieberman would make a good UN Secretary or Ambassadore? He's a Democrat I could support there.

Stinger said:
But if she were a bad attorney wouldn't that effect how you view her as someone who can accomplish things, her leadership skill for example. She was a member of the largest most powerful law firm in the state of Arkanasa, surely there must be something positive you can cite about her career as an attorney.

Nope. Not at all. Like I said, I don't support her for her previous job.

That's the top of the list? And Act which basically codified some existing rules and added some regulation (and increased time to get new mircle drugs to market) concerning our already very safe drug industry and an Act which she was NOT the sole author or sponsor. It was a very bi-partisian, not very major piece of legislation.

April 17, 2002
Senators Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY), Mike DeWine (R-OH) and Chris Dodd (D-CT) announced today they plan to introduce legislation that would reinstate the "Pediatric Rule" at the Food and Drug Administration. The rule would require manufacturers to test the safety of their medicines for children.
On March 18, the FDA announced that it would suspend the Pediatric Rule, which was put in place in 1998.

You asked what I thought was the most important piece. Are you disagreeing that it was the most important to me? Kind of odd.

And when was that passed? And again she was not the sole author of that bill she joined in.

2005. I don't know the exact date.

Wrong she was an attorney at the time, shouldn't she have told the RTC of her business and personal relationship with Madison Guaranty and the McDougals, is there something called conflict of interest. And then she persuaded the judge, on behalf of her client you and me the taxpayer, to let them off with a laughable fine. Is this the kind of business you want done when she gets in the White House?

I bet you didn't even know about all that did you.

And I know I still don't care. Politicians use their political power to help out their interests all the time. Try and find one who doesn't. And as far as helping out a buddy goes, this one's pretty mild.

Really? What kind of experience does she have that rates her above Condi Rice?

Howabout running for and holding a public office?

And Condi doesn't?

Ahhh...no.

Experience at what? What did Mrs. Bill Clinton do at the White House versus what Condi Rice has done? What accomplishments does Mrs. Bill Clinton have on her resume' versus Condi Rice?

See above.

Kelzie said:
Nope. Not at all. Like I said, I don't support her for her previous job.

And in no way effects your opinion of what kind of president she would be. Amazing. Do you black out the history of all other candidates too or just with Mrs. Bill Clinton? Did Kerry's service in the military have no roll in your opinion of him? How about Bill Clinton's tenure as governor? Just how do you rate those whom you vote for if you ignore everything previous in thier lives?

You asked what I thought was the most important piece. Are you disagreeing that it was the most important to me? Kind of odd.

Nope just pointing out that is certainly wasn't a major piece of new legislation which she alone created and got through the process. Noting that this was the only one you could come up with.

2005. I don't know the exact date.

Are you sure it was passed?

And I know I still don't care.

So you don't know of any major accomplishments during her tenure as a high profile attorney, can't site anything during her term as a Senator that amounts to anything and don't care that she lied to the RTC and ripped off the taxpayer to get her criminal friends a sweatheart deal.

What exactly is it that makes you believe she would be a good president?

Politicians use their political power to help out their interests all the time. Try and find one who doesn't. And as far as helping out a buddy goes, this one's pretty mild.

I think this was a little more than a politician, which she wasn't at the time, helping out a couple of friends.

You really don't know about Mrs. Bill Clinton's past do you.

But I will take note of your position in these matters and trust that I will not see any post from you chastizing Republicans over corruption charges since it really doesn't matter to you.

Howabout running for and holding a public office?

THAT's what makes you believe Mrs. Bill Clinton is more qualified to sit as President over Condi Rices experience as head of the NSA and Secretary of State let alone all her experience prior to reaching a cabinet level position. She slipped into a Senate seat in a state she had never lived on purely on her husbands coat tails. THAT makes her more qualified than Rice? Amazing.

Quote:
not to mention respect world wide.

Me>> And Condi doesn't?

Ahhh...no.

According to whom. It seems to me she getting quite a bit of respect.

Me>> Experience at what? What did Mrs. Bill Clinton do at the White House versus what Condi Rice has done? What accomplishments does Mrs. Bill Clinton have on her resume' versus Condi Rice?

See above.

How about in the White House, the executive branch?

Here is her resume' try to convince me that Mrs. Bill Clinton is more qualified to be the leader of our country.

"Dr. Condoleezza Rice became the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, commonly referred to as the National Security Advisor, on January 22, 2001. In June 1999, she completed a six year tenure as Stanford University 's Provost, during which she was the institution's chief budget and academic officer. As Provost she was responsible for a $1.5 billion annual budget and the academic program involving 1,400 faculty members and 14,000 students.
As professor of political science, Dr. Rice has been on the Stanford faculty since 1981 and has won two of the highest teaching honors -- the 1984 Walter J. Gores Award for Excellence in Teaching and the 1993 School of Humanities and Sciences Dean's Award for Distinguished Teaching.
At Stanford, she was a member of the Center for International Security and Arms Control from 1981-1986 (currently the Center for International Security And Cooperation), a Senior Fellow of the Institute for International Studies, and a Fellow (by courtesy) of the Hoover Institution. Her books include Germany Unified and Europe Transformed (1995) with Philip Zelikow, The Gorbachev Era (1986) with Alexander Dallin, and Uncertain Allegiance: The Soviet Union and the Czechoslovak Army (1984). She also has written numerous articles on Soviet and East European foreign and defense policy, and has addressed audiences in settings ranging from the U.S. Ambassador's Residence in Moscow to the Commonwealth Club to the 1992 and 2000 Republican National Conventions.
From 1989 through March 1991, the period of German reunification and the final days of the Soviet Union, she served in the Bush Administration as Director, and then Senior Director, of Soviet and East European Affairs in the National Security Council, and a Special Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs. In 1986, while an international affairs fellow of the Council on Foreign Relations, she served as Special Assistant to the Director of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. In 1997, she served on the Federal Advisory Committee on Gender -- Integrated Training in the Military.
She was a member of the boards of directors for the Chevron Corporation, the Charles Schwab Corporation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the University of Notre Dame, the International Advisory Council of J.P. Morgan and the San Francisco Symphony Board of Governors. She was a Founding Board member of the Center for a New Generation, an educational support fund for schools in East Palo Alto and East Menlo Park, California and was Vice President of the Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula . In addition, her past board service has encompassed such organizations as Transamerica Corporation, Hewlett Packard, the Carnegie Corporation, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, The Rand Corporation, the National Council for Soviet and East European Studies, the Mid-Peninsula Urban Coalition and KQED, public broadcasting for San Francisco.
Born November 14, 1954 in Birmingham, Alabama, she earned her bachelor's degree in political science, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974; her master's from the University of Notre Dame in 1975; and her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver in 1981. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has been awarded honorary doctorates from Morehouse College in 1991, the University of Alabama in 1994, the University of Notre Dame in 1995, the National Defense University in 2002, the Mississippi College School of Law in 2003, the University of Louisville and Michigan State University in 2004. She resides in Washington, D.C."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/ricebio.html

Stinger said:
And in no way effects your opinion of what kind of president she would be. Amazing. Do you black out the history of all other candidates too or just with Mrs. Bill Clinton? Did Kerry's service in the military have no roll in your opinion of him? How about Bill Clinton's tenure as governor? Just how do you rate those whom you vote for if you ignore everything previous in thier lives?

Well, Clinton was in a public office, so that would logically be able to show how he would do in another public office. Kerry's military record. Meh. Being a crappy soldier doesn't mean you'll be a crappy president.

Nope just pointing out that is certainly wasn't a major piece of new legislation which she alone created and got through the process. Noting that this was the only one you could come up with.

Again, you are arguing that I don't think it's important. I'm amazed that you think you know what I believe is a major piece of legislation.

Yes.

So you don't know of any major accomplishments during her tenure as a high profile attorney, can't site anything during her term as a Senator that amounts to anything and don't care that she lied to the RTC and ripped off the taxpayer to get her criminal friends a sweatheart deal.

She looks cool. Seriously, her accomplishments as a lawyer in no way shape what kind of public servent she'll be. And I already gave you several pieces of legislation. So do you normally troll around internet forums looking for a fight? Kind of sad really.

I think this was a little more than a politician, which she wasn't at the time, helping out a couple of friends.

Well I think you're a conspiracy nut. That and a dollar will get me a soda.

Yes I do. Thanks.

But I will take note of your position in these matters and trust that I will not see any post from you chastizing Republicans over corruption charges since it really doesn't matter to you.

I never said that. I said all politicians do it.

THAT's what makes you believe Mrs. Bill Clinton is more qualified to sit as President over Condi Rices experience as head of the NSA and Secretary of State let alone all her experience prior to reaching a cabinet level position. She slipped into a Senate seat in a state she had never lived on purely on her husbands coat tails. THAT makes her more qualified than Rice? Amazing.

It's more just logical. But you can call it amazing if you want to.

According to whom. It seems to me she getting quite a bit of respect.

The world community. Nobody likes her.

How about in the White House, the executive branch?

Here is her resume' try to convince me that Mrs. Bill Clinton is more qualified to be the leader of our country.

Well, was she elected there? No? Then yes, Hillary is more qualified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger

Kelzie said:
Well, Clinton was in a public office, so that would logically be able to show how he would do in another public office.

Not Mrs. Clinton before she ran for the Senate. Did you believe she was more qualified then over her opponent who had been elected to public office?

And as far as her husband yes we did have a track record of his elected office, he sexually attacked subordinate employees as govenor and he did so as president.

Again, you are arguing that I don't think it's important. I'm amazed that you think you know what I believe is a major piece of legislation.

I asked you to give me examples of her notable legislation that she thought up, authored, got support for, got passed and signed into law. The one you cite is not very notable, was merely an extension of existing laws and she was part of a group of Senators who signed on to the bill to extent them. NOT very notable at all.

My Quote:

Nope, not at least as far as October 2005 and it is listed as pending in the Congressional Record. What is the evidence you base your assertion on?

She looks cool. Seriously, her accomplishments as a lawyer in no way shape what kind of public servent she'll be.

Of course they do. They tell us lots of things about her and her respect for the law and the judicial system. But the fact is she has no legacy and since she doesn't you try to take this nonseniscal position.

My Quote:

And I already gave you several pieces of legislation. So do you normally troll around internet forums looking for a fight? Kind of sad really.

Ahh now the ad hominems, and from a moderator too. As you know I am a regular member not a troller. You have stated a position of support for Hillary and I have inquired about it, this is a political debate forum.

Well I think you're a conspiracy nut.

More ad homiem and personal attacks, and by a moderator. But clear evidence you can't support you position.

Quote:

Yes I do. Thanks.

I don't think you do, you can't give me any examples of her exemplary service as an attorney, her choosen profession. I asked for examples of her great legilative achievements and you give me one minor bill and one that she can't even get passed.

I bet you don't even know how she made all that money in the Futures Market. These things will all be back on the table if she runs again. Do you really want to elect a corrupt person to the Presidency?

I never said that. I said all politicians do it.

So that makes it OK if Hillary did. And as I said if you are going to use that excuse for Hillary I trust we will not see you chasizing and Republicans who might get caught engaging in corupt practices.

My Quote:

It's more just logical. But you can call it amazing if you want to.

Again that's quite amazing that getting elected on her husband coat-tails to the Senate trumps Condi Rice's distinguish record in a public office. Let alone her experience in the private sector. What does Hillary have on her resume' other than she won an election?

The world community. Nobody likes her.

I'm a body and I like her a lot. So do lots of people and she is quite well respected in the world community.

Well, was she elected there? No? Then yes, Hillary is more qualified.

:rofl Mrs. Bill Clinton wasn't elected there either, she married into it. So what did Mrs. Bill Clinton do in the White House that gives her better experince to be the President vis-a-vis Condi Rice who served in TWO cabinet level positions along with her many other high-level jobs she held in the White House?

Answer me this, what it niether candidate has ever won an election, how do you then determine which is more qualified?

Back
Top Bottom