• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moving to another state for political reasons?

Which State?

• Michigan

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Arizona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Hampshire

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
So, I feel as though I'm a stranger in Washington, I've lived here my whole life, was born here, but I only see it going downhill from here and I want to live somewhere that I feel is less extremely left. I also want to move somewhere that my vote can legitimately matter in an election.

So where should I move?

My ideas are,

1) Michigan
Pros: familiar environment, cold weather (yes that's a pro, funny I know) on the Great Lakes and bordering Canada
Cons: While a "swing state" it's a longer shot for Republicans, but not a shut out like Washington, most economic oppurtunities are closer to Detroit

2) Florida
Pros: marginally republican so my vote matters and influences national politics, good economy, cheap flight to Chile (one of my favorite countries to visit)
Cons: Bad weather, expensive housing, relatively lower wages

3) Arizona
Pros: They clearly need my republican voting habits
Cons: Hotter then Hell!

4) New Hampshire
Pros: Active libertarian community, close to Maine and thus the ocean, extensive gun rights
Cons: I would be living within 100 miles of Bernie Sanders

Which state should I move to of these options? I'm looking to leave by the 2020 elections.

So, I feel as though I'm a stranger in Washington, I've lived here my whole life, was born here, but I only see it going downhill from here and I want to live somewhere that I feel is less extremely left. I also want to move somewhere that my vote can legitimately matter in an election.

So where should I move?

My ideas are,

1) Michigan
Pros: familiar environment, cold weather (yes that's a pro, funny I know) on the Great Lakes and bordering Canada
Cons: While a "swing state" it's a longer shot for Republicans, but not a shut out like Washington, most economic oppurtunities are closer to Detroit

2) Florida
Pros: marginally republican so my vote matters and influences national politics, good economy, cheap flight to Chile (one of my favorite countries to visit)

3) Arizona

4) New Hampshire
Pros: Active libertarian community, close to Maine and thus the ocean, extensive gun rights

Which state should I move to of these options? I'm looking to leave by the 2020 elections.

Of your proposed options I would say NH (Bernie is unlikely to visit you).

I live in MI.

I live in MI.

How is it? where in MI? I like the idea of Michigan, however the areas I would like to live in, like the UP are less likely to have good earning career prospects.

So where should I move?

My ideas are,

1) Michigan

2) Florida

3) Arizona

4) New Hampshire

Out of all those states I would pick New Hampshire as well. I lived in Florida and the IQ of many of the natives is well below the average person in Washington. I would avoid the entire state of Florida unless you are vacationing in the winter.

Orlando is a complete hell hole outside of Disney World.

How is it? where in MI? I like the idea of Michigan, however the areas I would like to live in, like the UP are less likely to have good earning career prospects.

Michigan is great. Expansive wilderness. 4 seasons. Beaches, lakes, rivers. Lot of hunting. Snowboarding in the winter. Chicago is close by for weekend trips if you live on the west side. Eastern Michigan I know less about. But, Detroit is improving dramatically from when I was growing up.

Very heated football rivalry with Ohio State, if you're into sports.

Cons: humid in summer.

Michigan is great. Expansive wilderness. 4 seasons. Beaches, lakes, rivers. Lot of hunting. Snowboarding in the winter. Chicago is close by for weekend trips if you live on the west side. Eastern Michigan I know less about. But, Detroit is improving dramatically from when I was growing up.

Very heated football rivalry with Ohio State, if you're into sports.

Cons: humid in summer.

It needs to be somewhere I can make a blue collar living... I was going to apply for an line worker (meaning power lines) apprenticeship since that job can be done anywhere, I might throw an application for one in MI and NH and see what happens. if one approves me I can move right away I guess.

So where should I move?

My ideas are,

1) Michigan

2) Florida

3) Arizona

4) New Hampshire

2020 elections? Wyoming or North Dakota or one of those places where your vote counts for two in Texas or California.

2020 elections? Wyoming or North Dakota or one of those places where your vote counts for two in Texas or California.

they're also guaranteed. My voting doesn't increase the chance a republican wins the state's EC votes or a senatorship.

I mean in that regard my vote means nothing.
claiming due to some obscure and really meaningless mathematical formula my vote is weighted isn't really a factor to me. I want it to matter for deciding an election.

It needs to be somewhere I can make a blue collar living... I was going to apply for an line worker (meaning power lines) apprenticeship since that job can be done anywhere, I might throw an application for one in MI and NH and see what happens. if one approves me I can move right away I guess.

If you want to apprentice in a trade that will let you move around, I recommend structural Ironworker. That was my trade and I took those skills all over North America (illegaly in the US so don't ask). I also recommend being indentured to the Union if that's an option. You'll get a much wider scope of experience.

If you want to apprentice in a trade that will let you move around, I recommend structural Ironworker. That was my trade and I took those skills all over North America (illegaly in the US so don't ask). I also recommend being indentured to the Union if that's an option. You'll get a much wider scope of experience.

I'm on the phone with Donald Trump right now, SEAL team six is enroute to take you off the island and to another island with a black site for this blatant violation of our laws...

Jk.

So what exactly do iron workers do? I might call a union hall and ask about the process here.

If you want to apprentice in a trade that will let you move around, I recommend structural Ironworker. That was my trade and I took those skills all over North America (illegaly in the US so don't ask).

Wait, you are a Mexican?

I'm on the phone with Donald Trump right now, SEAL team six is enroute to take you off the island and to another island with a black site for this blatant violation of our laws...

Jk.

So what exactly do iron workers do?

Uh, okay. I'm sure I'll know when they ask me to pack a bag.

Ironworkers erect structural steel. Other things too, but mostly structural steel. In lots of places the guys who do rebar are members of the Ironworkers union but basically an Ironworker works on structural steel.

Even worse.

You are joking. You sound like a highly intelligent poster, so you can't be Mexican or black. You are probably from Europe.

You are joking. You sound like a highly intelligent poster, so you can't be Mexican or black. You are probably from Europe.

Woah! Not cool, not cool man....

Woah! Not cool, not cool man....

I know I sound politically incorrect, but I speak what I sincerely feel to be the truth. Most Mexicans and blacks are not as intelligent as whites.

So where should I move?

My ideas are,

1) Michigan

2) Florida

3) Arizona

4) New Hampshire

I'm kind of in the same boat but my main concern is how expensive it is to live here, and it seems it's only going to het worse.

I retire in about 10 years and we're seriously considering moving to Phoenix (Scottsdale or around Sun City) and we may buy a house there in the near future and rent it out until we're ready to move. I went to high school in west Phoenix so we're familiar with the climate. Of course, a pool will be a requirement!

Good luck in your search and I hope you land somewhere you enjoy.

I'm kind of in the same boat but my main concern is how expensive it is to live here, and it seems it's only going to het worse.

I retire in about 10 years and we're seriously considering moving to Phoenix (Scottsdale or around Sun City) and we may buy a house there in the near future and rent it out until we're ready to move. I went to high school in west Phoenix so we're familiar with the climate. Of course, a pool will be a requirement!

Good luck in your search and I hope you land somewhere you enjoy.

I’m beginning to think it’s time that the remaining urban and suburban republicans in WA, OR, CA, and NY just need to move. Move to Florida, MI, etc. Build a red wall on the EC Map

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So where should I move?

My ideas are,

1) Michigan

2) Florida

3) Arizona

4) New Hampshire

or stay in washington state
only move to the eastern farming region
quite a conservative lot there. almost a suburb of idaho

however, if you really want to go where the tRumpanzees are everywhere, consider alabama, mississippi, or louisiana (north of new orleans)
bet you can find property for sale in the ravaged panhandle cheap these days

or stay in washington state
only move to the eastern farming region
quite a conservative lot there. almost a suburb of idaho

however, if you really want to go where the tRumpanzees are everywhere, consider alabama, mississippi, or louisiana (north of new orleans)
bet you can find property for sale in the ravaged panhandle cheap these days

Well i want where I move to have the potential to decide a race in the EC. Miss and La are solid red, moving to Eastern WA means I’m under the heel of Massa Inslee still and Idaho is a solid red, I want to move somewhere purple to use my vote to swing close election

Well i want where I move to have the potential to decide a race in the EC. Miss and La are solid red, moving to Eastern WA means I’m under the heel of Massa Inslee still and Idaho is a solid red, I want to move somewhere purple to use my vote to swing close election

then stay where you are and buy a small parcel in some purple state, declare it your state of residency and vote by mail

So where should I move?

My ideas are,

1) Michigan

2) Florida

3) Arizona

4) New Hampshire

I love Virginia and it would be a worthy choice for you.

I grew up in the tax crazy & racist **** hole of New England (Boston) If anyone thinks the north is less racist than the mid Atlantic states, they are crazy.

Funny to see Right Wingers ready to move into some non tax paying NO social service low wage Red State Hell Hole...Oklahoma-Nebraska-Kansas....Lots of uneducated whites blaming everybody else for their problems.....New arrival trump lovers will fit right in

Back
Top Bottom