• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moving to another state for political reasons?

Which State?

• Michigan

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Florida

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Arizona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Hampshire

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Just move to Chile. I’m not just saying that because America would be improved by having one less Republican. Well, actually I am. Move to Chile. Great food, women and cheap cost of loving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just move to Chile. I’m not just saying that because America would be improved by having one less Republican. Well, actually I am. Move to Chile. Great food, women and cheap cost of loving.
Swarthy women. No White women.

Too many dark skinned non English people for the average trump lover in Chile....

So, I feel as though I'm a stranger in Washington, I've lived here my whole life, was born here, but I only see it going downhill from here and I want to live somewhere that I feel is less extremely left. I also want to move somewhere that my vote can legitimately matter in an election.

So where should I move?

My ideas are,

1) Michigan
Pros: familiar environment, cold weather (yes that's a pro, funny I know) on the Great Lakes and bordering Canada
Cons: While a "swing state" it's a longer shot for Republicans, but not a shut out like Washington, most economic oppurtunities are closer to Detroit

2) Florida
Pros: marginally republican so my vote matters and influences national politics, good economy, cheap flight to Chile (one of my favorite countries to visit)
Cons: Bad weather, expensive housing, relatively lower wages

3) Arizona
Pros: They clearly need my republican voting habits
Cons: Hotter then Hell!

4) New Hampshire
Pros: Active libertarian community, close to Maine and thus the ocean, extensive gun rights
Cons: I would be living within 100 miles of Bernie Sanders

Which state should I move to of these options? I'm looking to leave by the 2020 elections.

I kinda feel the same way here in Arkansas. I consider myself a moderate and I'm surrounded by the far right. I have to make a 70 mile round trip just to buy alcohol. (Dry County) Me personally I would pick Michigan or Arizona. Arizona not to bad especially up north around flagstaff. It's a dry heat. Michigan because that's where my daughter lives and them just voting on legalization also helps. Took a trip to the UP in 2016 and Mackinac Island beautiful area.

Too many dark skinned non English people for the average trump lover in Chile....

Chile is wonderful pro free market economy nation. In most of the country people are quite religious and conservative. Trump lovers would feel very welcome

It’s not a bad idea, I really like Chile
However you do realize that as a US citizen, even if I expatriate I can still vote absentee in US elections?

So, I feel as though I'm a stranger in Washington, I've lived here my whole life, was born here, but I only see it going downhill from here and I want to live somewhere that I feel is less extremely left. I also want to move somewhere that my vote can legitimately matter in an election.

So where should I move?

My ideas are,

1) Michigan
Pros: familiar environment, cold weather (yes that's a pro, funny I know) on the Great Lakes and bordering Canada
Cons: While a "swing state" it's a longer shot for Republicans, but not a shut out like Washington, most economic oppurtunities are closer to Detroit

2) Florida
Pros: marginally republican so my vote matters and influences national politics, good economy, cheap flight to Chile (one of my favorite countries to visit)

3) Arizona

4) New Hampshire
Pros: Active libertarian community, close to Maine and thus the ocean, extensive gun rights

Which state should I move to of these options? I'm looking to leave by the 2020 elections.

I voted Florida out of those options because that really is the state that matters most, although it should be taken into consideration that there is a big population meaning your one vote gets diluted even though it's close.

Being from Wisconsin, I think we would be a great state for you. You could go to the suburb areas like Appleton-Oshkosh. You'll be close to the Great Lakes, it's cold, you have your guns rights, it's a swing state that votes purple, and the Democractic candidates are reasonable liberals instead of crazy Progressives so you'll have a real choice between reasonable Democrats and Republicans. Plus, the population is in the middle (20th) so your vote isn't as diluted by has a reasonable amount of Electoral Votes. And it might sound stupid, but the Central Time Zone is awesome. You can watch Eastern Time TV as well as Pacific Time TV, which is great for football.

Swarthy women. No White women.

The ugliest women in Chile are “above average” in attractiveness by most American’s standards.

I love Virginia and it would be a worthy choice for you.

I grew up in the tax crazy & racist **** hole of New England (Boston) If anyone thinks the north is less racist than the mid Atlantic states, they are crazy.

Virginia has gotten a little too blue for my tastes.

New England, other then maybe NH is out of the question though

So where should I move?

My ideas are,

1) Michigan

2) Florida

3) Arizona

4) New Hampshire

Intoxication. Absolutely intoxication. Also, confusion. That you can find everywhere.

I kinda feel the same way here in Arkansas. I consider myself a moderate and I'm surrounded by the far right. I have to make a 70 mile round trip just to buy alcohol. (Dry County) Me personally I would pick Michigan or Arizona. Arizona not to bad especially up north around flagstaff. It's a dry heat. Michigan because that's where my daughter lives and them just voting on legalization also helps. Took a trip to the UP in 2016 and Mackinac Island beautiful area.

As a life long resident of Michigan - we would welcome you eagerly.

When Karen and I lived in Jonesboro we made it a point to get to know the bootleggers.
And yeah, in between we had to make stupid and pointless long commutes to buy booze...in bulk, despite the fact that neither of us really are heavy drinkers. But it's nice to have some stuff around if the occasion calls for it.

Back
Top Bottom