• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Movies that inspired your spirituality?

Barbbtx said:
Pay it Forward
The fact that one kids idea could affect so many lives of strangers, was inspiring to me.
I believe I have only seen the beginning of that movie and that little amount did inspire me some.

It's an excellent film. I have had the chance twice in my life to do something for someone else, along the lines of the examples used in the film. I have never regretted it. Just a few days ago, my yongest child did something minor for his older sister and told her 'Daddy says, pay it forward' when she thanked him.
Damn I have good kids :)

Pay it Forward
The fact that one kids idea could affect so many lives of strangers, was inspiring to me.

I really do like this movie, but being a country music fan, the song "Chain of Love" by Clay Walker came out before the movie and is basically the same concept.

I did think of one movie that may have had some affect on my spirituality (although I held my beliefs prior to the movie), Stigmata. I definitely agree with the concept of having your own religious views and not allowing them to be ruled by what a church or anyone else teaches you they should be. This is the message I took from this movie. It isn't necessary to go to church to be in touch with God.

not sure if this counts as it's not a movie, but perhaps falls in line with the general thrust of the thread (what is something from the secular world that has inspired you spiritually):

Lamb: The Gospel according to Biff

Given that you're dealing with spirituality, as opposed to Christianity, I would have to say Black Like Me. I saw the movie and also read the book. It was based on a true story and shaped my views on race that exist to this day.

Back
Top Bottom