• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moveon.org tells Obama not so fast on Syria

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is more good news, growing opposition from his BASE not to violate our laws.

PETITION STATEMENT
President Obama must seek explicit Congressional authorization before taking military action in Syria, as required by the U.S. Constitution and the War Powers Resolution. Congress must insist that Congressional debate and vote precede any military action.

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/president-obama-dont-18

This is more good news, growing opposition from his BASE not to violate our laws.

PETITION STATEMENT
President Obama must seek explicit Congressional authorization before taking military action in Syria, as required by the U.S. Constitution and the War Powers Resolution. Congress must insist that Congressional debate and vote precede any military action.

MoveOn Petitions - President Obama: Don't Strike Syria Without Congressional Approval

how is asking the congress to vote on a resolution calling for millitary action in syria a violation of our laws?

MoveOn, their "journalists" let alone their sycophants, does not have the evidence afforded congress.

how is asking the congress to vote on a resolution calling for millitary action in syria a violation of our laws?

It's not.
Moveon wants Obama to do what he's doing.

MoveOn, their "journalists" let alone their sycophants, does not have the evidence afforded congress.

Of course not.
All this "petition" asks for is Congressional approval for a Syrian operation.
Which the Prez is seeking.
I don't see anything wrong with that.

Of course not.
All this "petition" asks for is Congressional approval for a Syrian operation.
Which the Prez is seeking.
I don't see anything wrong with that.

I think the government has released sufficient evidence; most normal people do. If someone would like to pass judgement without the intel provided congress, then they are a ****ing moron - Truther level.

I think the government has released sufficient evidence; most normal people do. If someone would like to pass judgement without the intel provided congress, then they are a ****ing moron - Truther level.

So the congressional vote should be...shall we say..."a slam dunk"...right?

I expect the members of the intel committee and perhaps others to tell the rest: 'vote for it or this could/will end your political career". I believe the evidence (given the public release) is so strong.

Russia presented a 100 page report showing the rebels at fault. And I resent your attitude. 8)

Russia presented a 100 page report showing the rebels at fault. And I resent your attitude. 8)

The US government is unequivocal: "there is no evidence of rebels using chems".

8)

8)

Yeah, I saw that. They lie.

Please consider the other ramifications of us mindlessly bombing that country. They are many and likely catastrophic.

And you believe ours because?

russia has spent less on aiding the syrian refugees then the united states.

i think russia is hoping that this civil war in syria lasts a long time so it can rake in the profits of selling the weapons the regime needs to kill its citizens.

Please consider the other ramifications of us mindlessly bombing that country. They are many and likely catastrophic.

Please consider, if only for a fleeting moment of lucidity, that it's not ****ing mindless.

Yeah, the US Government. Less trustworthy than Fox News.

We actually don't know who did it, we've already seen what happens when we intervene and it's not good, there's no point in killing another round of folk.

Yeah, the US Government. Less trustworthy than Fox News.

We actually don't know who did it, we've already seen what happens when we intervene and it's not good, there's no point in killing another round of folk.

We're past the point of not doing anything. The ramifications of doing nothing, at this point, will be worse.

We're past the point of not doing anything. The ramifications of doing nothing, at this point, will be worse.

No it's not. That's just infinity war argument. No more dead Americans. We don't need another 10+ years of occupation, several more thousand dead Americans, hundreds of thousands of dead everyone else. It's expensive, it serves no point, it accomplishes nothing other than giving government excuse to expand itself against our rights.

So many Americans died in the past to secure those freedoms, now we're dying to remove them. Sick world.

Sorry, I stop at ~"all evidence is fake".

Well then you shouldn't have stopped cause I never said that. But thanks for demonstrating your "honesty". :roll:

Well then you shouldn't have stopped cause I never said that. But thanks for demonstrating your "honesty". :roll:

The US government evidence in incontrovertible. Shall we go Truther?

The US government evidence in incontrovertible. Shall we go Truther?

What evidence? They have merely stated this, not demonstrated it. Do you understand what "evidence" is?

russia has spent less on aiding the syrian refugees then the united states.

i think russia is hoping that this civil war in syria lasts a long time so it can rake in the profits of selling the weapons the regime needs to kill its citizens.

Yeah...like Syria has a bunch of money to buy weapons.

That can't be the reason you believe our government.

I take the wording of the petition to mean that should congress not approve the resolution that Obama not take military action. Both Obama and Kerry have hinted and/or flat out stated that the congressional resolutions are effectively meaningless because the President can act in the way he wishes without congressional consent. MoveOn, from what I gather, is telling him he can't or he mustn't.

Back
Top Bottom