• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moveon.org tells Obama not so fast on Syria

We're past the point of not doing anything. The ramifications of doing nothing, at this point, will be worse.

I generally agree with your views, but I have to ask - what ramifications of doing nothing are worse?

You know, they don't actually give any data or cite any sources. Again, you do know what "evidence" is, don't you?

Also, just FYI

"We assess with high confidence that the Syrian government carried out the chemical weapons attack against opposition elements in the Damascus suburbs on August 21. "

high confidence does not mean incontrovertible.

First off, that's not data, those are just statements. Statements are not "evidence". You don't seem to understand what evidence is.

Secondly, even there they claim "high confidence" which is not incontrovertible.

What is your evidence otherwise?

What is your evidence otherwise?

I said that we do not know. And we don't. The US has just made assertions because they want to go in. Infinity war is good for fascism. Others, such as Russia, suggest that the attacks were perpetrated by another group. So the truth is, we don't know. And "we don't know" isn't enough for invasion and slaughter.

I said that we do not know. And we don't. The US has just made assertions because they want to go in. Infinity war is good for fascism. Others, such as Russia, suggest that the attacks were perpetrated by another group. So the truth is, we don't know. And "we don't know" isn't enough for invasion and slaughter.

Do you have evidence counter to that presented by the president of the US?

Do you have evidence counter to that presented by the president of the US?

I have the reports of what Russia is claiming. BTW, I'm not claiming knowledge, in fact I'm claiming the absence of knowledge. The absence of knowledge is marked by the absence of evidence because it is through evidence that we gain knowledge. Those claiming knowledge must produce the evidence. But no evidence is presented and there are conflicting reports which suggests that neither side really knows the real story. And if we don't know, then we shouldn't engage in war.

You really have no clue about evidence or what it means, do you?

MoveOn, their "journalists" let alone their sycophants, does not have the evidence afforded congress.

I expected to go thru life believing that no one was naive enough to believe that the US govt. has any credibility on anything that transpires in the world.

Today, that wish has ended.

I expected to go thru life believing that no one was naive enough to believe that any branch of the US govt. has any credibility on anything that transpires in the world.

Today, that wish has ended.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

That's right, you're claiming hysterical fundie muzzie Trutherism.

Nope, just lack of evidence. Which you have not provided and can only rely on ad hom deflections. A logical fallacy, BTW. Good job showing that you have nothing to defend your point.

Nope, just lack of evidence.

Unless you believe that thousands of US government agencies and agents are all faking it; unless you believe that a conspiracy of thousands lacks a whistleblower of a trillion dollars payout...

There's evidence.

Unless you believe that thousands of US government agencies and agents are all faking it; unless you believe that a conspiracy of thousands lacks a whistleblower of a trillion dollars payout...

There's evidence.

Faking what? They didn't produce anything but a statement, that's not evidence.

Christ on a pogo stick, go back to school and take some science courses, you have no idea what constitutes evidence.

Faking what? They didn't produce anything but a statement, that's not evidence.

Christ on a pogo stick, go back to school and take some science courses, you have no idea what constitutes evidence.

"All evidence is fake"

"All evidence is fake"

No, there was no evidence. When you can produce some verifiable numbers and measurements, then we can talk. Till then, you really don't seem to understand the concept.

And the moon landing was fake.

:cuckoo:

Nope, we landed on it. That's rather verifiable.

So is ad hom all you're left with here because you couldn't produce anything to back up your claims?

Relax, dudes. Big O has no plans to attack Syria. If he wanted to, he certainly wouldn't have asked Congress.

The whole thing was a ploy to keep Dems from losing the 2016 election by losing votes from moronic war-mongering conservatives who think all Dems are sissies because they don't drop as many bombs as GOP pols. If O looks tough, then he makes the Dems look good in GOP-voter eyes comes 2016.

We're past the point of not doing anything. The ramifications of doing nothing, at this point, will be worse.

No,no, no. we are "Western" civilization. We can't be bothered with garbage like genocide happening elsewhere. We are a shining beacon on a hill. We have more important issues to tackle in our own country, like marijuana legalization and making sure trannies feel comfortable taking a dump in public restrooms.

Relax, dudes. Big O has no plans to attack Syria. If he wanted to, he certainly wouldn't have asked Congress.

The whole thing was a ploy to keep Dems from losing the 2016 election by losing votes from moronic war-mongering conservatives who think all Dems are sissies because they don't drop as many bombs as GOP pols. If O looks tough, then he makes the Dems look good in GOP-voter eyes comes 2016.

That has to be perhaps the stupidest bit of analysis on the subject that I've heard to date.

That has to be perhaps the stupidest bit of analysis on the subject that I've heard to date.

I'm glad you added "to date," because there is doubtless more coming! :thumbdown:

Back
Top Bottom