• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mount Rushmore

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Mount Rushmore features the heads of four Presidents:
George Washington (1732–1799), Thomas Jefferson (1743–1826), Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919) and Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865)
Mount_Rushmore_detail_view_(100MP).jpg

So let's pretend, that it has been decided to another another head to the mountain, and you are sent a survey to ask you which former President you would like to see added to Mount Rushmore, which one would you pick?

I'm surprised the left even tolerates the existence of this memorial. Two of them were unrepentant slave owners, and the other two were white supremacists.

FDR, then JFK.

I'm surprised the left even tolerates the existence of this memorial. Two of them were unrepentant slave owners, and the other two were white supremacists.

I'm not surprised that right-libertarians tolerate it.

_______ Canuck. I'd give the land back to the Natives. I'd say sorry Europeans were such assholes. Reparations galore. Then I'd ask if they'll help us repair the land we ****ed up. Nobody needs more monuments to monumental studipity and barbarity.

_______ Canuck. I'd give the land back to the Natives. I'd say sorry Europeans were such assholes. Reparations galore. Then I'd ask if they'll help us repair the land we ****ed up. Nobody needs more monuments to monumental studipity and barbarity.
Start by giving back your land.

What stupid conservative nonsense.
Nowhere near as stupid as your idea.

You should also consider turning over all of your other assets, as they are fruits of the poison tree.

Mount Rushmore features the heads of four Presidents:
George Washington (1732–1799), Thomas Jefferson (1743–1826), Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919) and Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865)
View attachment 67345330

So let's pretend, that it has been decided to another another head to the mountain, and you are sent a survey to ask you which former President you would like to see added to Mount Rushmore, which one would you pick?

I would pick to give the land back to the local Native American tribes and then applaud if they decided to dynamite the faces off their sacred mountain.

Nowhere near as stupid as your idea.

You should also consider turning over all of your other assets, as they are fruits of the poison tree.

Binary bullshit that aligns with the T**** conservatives.

Why would we not start with stolen Federal land?

Because they have to break things down to the lowest common denominator and binary logic. That's how they operate. If any land is returned to the rightful inhabitants, we gotta start with your quarter of an acre. "What, you don't want to do that? You're a hypocrite." And if we give any land back we have to supposedly give it all back and move back to Europe. JFC.

Like the Black Hills, by treaty was Lakota land that the Federal government went back on its word and stole from them when gold was found under it.

How is it a controversial statement to say the land should be returned to the Lakota?

It’s amazing how the Right hates the Federal government taking people’s property unless those people are non-white.

Like the Black Hills, by treaty was Lakota land that the Federal government went back on its word and stole from them when gold was found under it.

How is it a controversial statement to say the land should be returned to the Lakota?

It’s amazing how the Right hates the Federal government taking people’s property unless those people are non-white.

That's what the federal government is for, for right-libertarians: To protect the racket.

Back
Top Bottom