• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Motorcyclists Pull Driver from Car in NYC, Beat Him After Collision

That is a possibility, we don't know yet the whole story. But, I ride also, and drive truck, and car. What you are describing is road rage on the part of the bikers....They had no permit to shut down the highway, nor do they have the right to assault another motorist because he is taunting them, if that was the case....

I'm just shocked because this type of behavior is nothing I have ever seen by real riders.... Yeah those crotch rocket clowns have some attitudes (and are usually cocky) but us real riders are chill and just enjoy the ride, atmosphere and free road....

Whatever, I just hope justice is served for all involved...

Ok, but what led to that rider getting run over?

The rider had stopped in front of the SUV along with other cyclists . . . the SUV found itself surrounded and unable to go forward . . . he gunned it to get the hell out of Dodge. That rider got run over. I'd have done the same thing. Here's the complete video: Biker charged in SUV chase, attack caught on video

You'll see the biker who slowed waaaay down causing the SUV to bump him -- didn't do it hard enough to tip him, please note -- then you'll see the SUV surrounded by DOZENS of bikers and stopped. Then you'll see him run over someone as he sped to get away. I'd have done the same damned thing, as I said.

Continue watching and you'll then see them having him pinned in traffic smashing the driver-side window AND the back window where a child was in a car seat. If I'd have had a gun, I'd have shot them.

The rider had stopped in front of the SUV along with other cyclists . . . the SUV found itself surrounded and unable to go forward . . . he gunned it to get the hell out of Dodge. That rider got run over. I'd have done the same thing. Here's the complete video: Biker charged in SUV chase, attack caught on video

You'll see the biker who slowed waaaay down causing the SUV to bump him -- didn't do it hard enough to tip him, please note -- then you'll see the SUV surrounded by DOZENS of bikers and stopped. Then you'll see him run over someone as he sped to get away. I'd have done the same damned thing, as I said.

Continue watching and you'll then see them having him pinned in traffic smashing the driver-side window AND the back window where a child was in a car seat. If I'd have had a gun, I'd have shot them.

Ok, then we are in agreement.

Really dont matter.
No one was killed in some other traffic altercation earlier. The group had no right to try to stop him had their been, they are not police officers.
They actually had no right to give chase either and for real had no right to pull him out of his car and beat him.
Just for argument sake, say he cut one of them off or something or encroached into a lane?
So what, that is what you have to be prepared for when you ride. I rode for years, had all that crap happen down here with the blue hairs that dont see you. If you are going to get mad about it, park your bike.

I agree 100% but the gang of crotch rockets could have show a bit more respect and let him pass if that was the driver of the SUV's intent...

Seems as if those on the crotch rockets thought they owned that stretch of road and they didn't.

If I was with the crotch rocket gang (I don't ride a crotch rocket - I have a softail) but I would have switched lanes and let him pass without incident...

That incident was uncalled for and makes bikers/riders look like thugs....

No doubt, I'd not take the chance that my bike would even be scratched...too expensive, and took me too long in life to get it.

Yeah, that's another thing, a lot of those guys looked like (considering the way they were riding) they were willing to drop their bike....

It was almost like a scene out of "Mad Max" lol..

That's one of the things that pissed me off - one of the riders changed lanes right in front of the SUV then hit his breaks..... That is an arrogant and stupid move..... What did that clown think was going to happen? 3,000 pound SUV vs 500 pound bike?

If that clown pulling that stunt was the guy who got hit - it's his fault completely...

A fender bender doesn't justify group assault. That should have been an exchange of insurance information and an accident report and that's it. But my regular carry (7+1) would not have adequate for that situation. I'm a bit surprised the usual suspects are not calling for a ban on motorcycle helmets because of their possible use as weapons.

they can't do that!...they're the ones who made helmets mandatory....that would make them hypoctrits......uh, wait...what?

they can't do that!...they're the ones who made helmets mandatory....that would make them hypoctrits......uh, wait...what?

Best part is that if you're doing 75+ mph and you eat pavement the damn helmet wont do a damn thing... You're done 99% of the time....

That's one of the things that pissed me off - one of the riders changed lanes right in front of the SUV then hit his breaks..... That is an arrogant and stupid move..... What did that clown think was going to happen? 3,000 pound SUV vs 500 pound bike?

If that clown pulling that stunt was the guy who got hit - it's his fault completely...
Brake checking a 4500lb car with a 600lb motorcycle.
Smart, real smart. LOL
I think he just bumped the back of that bike at first, then homeboy laid the bike down and the others started to surroud the RR.
RR driver floored it and dummy got ran over.
Now supposedly paralized. I call it a lifes lesson for everyone involved.

Brake checking a 4500lb car with a 600lb motorcycle.
Smart, real smart. LOL
I think he just bumped the back of that bike at first, then homeboy laid the bike down and the others started to surroud the RR.
RR driver floored it and dummy got ran over.
Now supposedly paralized. I call it a lifes lesson for everyone involved.

The crotch rocket assholes were at fault here.... I wouldn't even call those Hayabusa freaks real bikers....

They were probably a bunch of kids in the 20's and 30's ... Their maturity speaks volumes ...

Anyone have a link to a clean, unedited version of the whole video, preferably from a site without all the commercials and other crap junking up the one in the OP?

This is a real problem...But it brings up a good question...When confronted by the situation of being intimidated by a gang of Motorcyclists, or even just a group of any kind, in a car, or what ever, do you have the right to flee the scene of an accident?

From what I can see of the video, the bikers were definitely being assholes. The one that got bumped in the beginning had crossed into the SUVs lane even before it got in front of it.

Kind of makes me think it might be a good idea to fill my bumpers, brush guard and nerf bars with concrete.

From what I can see of the video, the bikers were definitely being assholes. The one that got bumped in the beginning had crossed into the SUVs lane even before it got in front of it.

Kind of makes me think it might be a good idea to fill my bumpers, brush guard and nerf bars with concrete.

Well, just keep in mind that bikers like Nick and I are out there to enjoy...Please don't hit me....:)

This is a real problem...But it brings up a good question...When confronted by the situation of being intimidated by a gang of Motorcyclists, or even just a group of any kind, in a car, or what ever, do you have the right to flee the scene of an accident?

yes you do as stated by the police in one of the many articles on this story.
he stated that when safety concerns are a risk its totally leagal and that its circumstantial.

said it in the two other thread and ill say it in this thread, wathcin gthe videos and reading at least 15 articles on this from the info i have the bikers got off easy, very easy

i can only hope that i would show as much restraint as that drive did in defending his family from his perception of danger.

Now at the end i most certainly would of handled it differently, cant carry in NY but in PA, that guy smashing in my window would not be breathing, i would have shot him dead having my wife and daughter in the care and her window also being punched.
In NY i would of put it in reverse and did high speed doughnuts clearing everybody out. There would have been no way i let them gain access to the suv.

Well, just keep in mind that bikers like Nick and I are out there to enjoy...Please don't hit me....:)

My brother and nephew ride a lot also.( In South Carolina actually, Conway area.) So I do watch for them. But really, where I live, Deer and Hogs (four leg ham, bacon, sausage kind, not the Harley kind) are the larger things I might run over. The video just reminds me how even an SUV can be damaged by collisions.

Here are several videos of the ride before the incident in question - LiveLeak.com - More footage previous to Range Rover incident
and here's the complete video of the incident and the chase - GOPR2900 - YouTube

Thanks.

Wow, those guys were being pretty stupid. Wonder more of them weren't wiped out earlier with some of the crap they were pulling.

Unless there were cars behind him, driver should of thrown in in reverse and went over more of the assholes when boxed at the end. Up until the one guy grabbed the door, looked like he was just trying to get away from them, after that, I would of been taking any that got near me out. Lock in 4H and don't stop until the vehicle quits or there are no more of them.

Thanks.

Wow, those guys were being pretty stupid. Wonder more of them weren't wiped out earlier with some of the crap they were pulling.

Unless there were cars behind him, driver should of thrown in in reverse and went over more of the assholes when boxed at the end. Up until the one guy grabbed the door, looked like he was just trying to get away from them, after that, I would of been taking any that got near me out. Lock in 4H and don't stop until the vehicle quits or there are no more of them.

For some reason, those who ride "crotch rockets" (and even those who ride bicycles in "wanna be races") act like they own the road....

They have no respect for drivers or traffic.... It's as if they almost have a "gang" mentality.... I've never encountered a group of crotch rocket idiots as aggressive as that but those "10-speed bike" racers are fairly common around here and are just as arrogant if not worse.....

If my family was in the car and we got attacked by a mob like that I would of reacted in the same way. The bikers r lucky he wasn't armed.

Thanks.

this reminds me of a story......back when i was about 9 years old or so i was in the car with my dad at a stop light......this guy on a motorcycle was behind us and he started tapping the back bumper with his front wheel...over and over. My dad yelled back at him to stop or something (long time ago) and the guy just laughed it off and did it again, when the light turned green my dad threw it up into reverse, tapped the gas and sat the dude down on the pavement, dropped it down into drive and on our merry way we went with dad glancing at the rear view mirror saying some choice words under his breath

yes you do as stated by the police in one of the many articles on this story.
he stated that when safety concerns are a risk its totally leagal and that its circumstantial.

Thanks Agent....God that would have been terrifying....Can you imagine?...Man.

this reminds me of a story......back when i was about 9 years old or so i was in the car with my dad at a stop light......this guy on a motorcycle was behind us and he started tapping the back bumper with his front wheel...over and over. My dad yelled back at him to stop or something (long time ago) and the guy just laughed it off and did it again, when the light turned green my dad threw it up into reverse, tapped the gas and sat the dude down on the pavement, dropped it down into drive and on our merry way we went with dad glancing at the rear view mirror saying some choice words under his breath

A little OT considering it has nothing to do with bikes but everything to do with assclowns on the roads..

I remember a few years back on a snow downpour blizzard I was diving carefully given the conditions and some idiot in an Avalanche was tailgating me honking his horn trying to make me speed up with 3-4 inches of snow on the road - at any rate he switched lanes and flew past me, then about an 8th of a mile in front of me he lost control and wrecked - ran right off the road hit a tree and nearly house.... Needless to say I got to where I was going in time - but I don't believe he did. He was stuck in a snowbank and wrapped around a tree..

Carma is the best...

That's the problem around here with some of these idiots with SUV's they think they're immune to all weather...

My brother and nephew ride a lot also.( In South Carolina actually, Conway area.) So I do watch for them. But really, where I live, Deer and Hogs (four leg ham, bacon, sausage kind, not the Harley kind) are the larger things I might run over. The video just reminds me how even an SUV can be damaged by collisions.

Ah yes...Myrtle Beach....I live in the upstate, so our riding is mostly on Sunday cruising through the mountains...

Back
Top Bottom