• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mother wants transgender daughter to be able to use girls' bathroom in kindergarten

Re: Mother wants transgender daughter to be able to use girls' bathroom in kindergart

It was a shrink that probably told her it was ok to force her boy to be a girl.
I would hope not.

If the kid can't consent to sexual activity due to lacking maturity, I find it difficult to believe the child can have the maturity to accurately discern sexual identity. At least at the tender age of five! :doh

Re: Mother wants transgender daughter to be able to use girls' bathroom in kindergart

Those things have nothing to do with gender. You've proven nothing, and both psychiatry and pediatrics disagree with you.

Children do know their gender, you're wrong. We've even had cases of boys raised as girls due to deformity or botched circumcision, where they still knew they were boys. Most trans people knew their true gender as very young children, even when their parents tried aggressively to force them to conform. They were still trans, and they still knew they were trans when they were a toddler.

She hasn't "brainwashed" her into anything. She's a conservative Christian who apparently struggled to try to make her child conform, and finally realized she needed to let her be who she is when she overheard her daughter praying to die.

Pearland mother finds online support in raising transgender child | abc13.com

It is not a mental disorder. The brain is healthy. It's just in the wrong body, not much different from intersex people who might be born with female bodies, but have testes on the inside. Biology doesn't always give us a clear-cut answer on someone's sex or gender.

Your mentality that they're simply insane and should be treated as such has resulted in thousands of trans people dying or killing themselves, and this mother is doing her best to ensure her daughter isn't one of them, no matter who she might grow up to be.

Yea we know these quacks don't know what they are talking about.
studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

They don't have a clue why gender is.

Dressing a 2 year up as a girl and treating her as such yes she forced him to it.
Lol her son praying to die at 2 over something they don't understand laughable.

Yes it t is a mental disorder. There is an issue in the brain that causes it to not function normally.
No he body is correct if it was not correct they would have been born different.

Sure it does although there are some exception due to genetic mutations.

I never said they were insane. People ruining 2 and 3 year old kids are the insane people.
They shouldn't be allowed around kids.

From the article:

The district sent out a statement that read, "Pearland ISD's stance on transgender students remains children whose parents declare them transgender must go to the bathroom for the sex indicated on their birth certificate. Such students have also been allowed to use a private bathroom (such as in the nurse's station) if they are so inclined. All Pearland ISD kindergarten classrooms have a private, gender-neutral bathroom within the classroom for student use."

So what's the problem here?

I would hope not.

If the kid can't consent to sexual activity due to lacking maturity, I find it difficult to believe the child can have the maturity to accurately discern sexual identity. At least at the tender age of five! :doh

That is the new psych agenda being pushed.
I just found this from the American college of pediatrics that
Pretty much backs up everything we say about this.

https://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

That doesn't mean much at three.

Just sayin'. Also, there is no way to prove that ever happened or that she didn't influence him before that point.

You'd say that no matter what evidence was provided to you. You're simply determined to be ignorant about this, despite the fact that medical science has already settled this question.

A 2 year old wanting to commit suicide... sorry not gonna buy that BS

Committing suicide is different from not wanting to live your life. They don't have much concept of the former. But, unfortunately, young children are indeed capable of feeling the latter.

A 2 year old wanting to commit suicide... sorry not gonna buy that BS

E stupidity that is being passed around is ridiculous. 2 year old have no concept of either.

As a teacher, I'm a mandated reporter of child abuse. I've never been in a situation like this one with a student, but I'm pretty sure I would call. The gut feeling it gives me wouldn't let me sleep at night if I didn't.
Now that this has all been getting run through the school board and media, it's all for certain these two are going to be drudged through DCFS & the psych community ...

You believe a child should be allowed to wear whatever he/she wants no matter what the "gender" of the clothing is.

What if a child wants to wear the same shirt all week long - still okay? What if a child wants to wear shoes that are 2 sizes too small - still okay? What if the child wants to wear a clown nose to school everyday - still okay? What if the child wants to go commando to school everyday - still okay? What if the child wants to run around on all fours because he wants to be a dog - still okay? What if a child wants to eat Cheetos and cupcakes for lunch everyday - still okay?

What is up with parents thinking whatever their child wants, that's what they should have or do?

Wearing the same shirt all week long is a hygiene issue and can lead to sickness. Wearing the wrong size shoes can hurt a child's feet, causing actual physical harm. Wearing a clown nose to school would be fine with me, but could actually distract other children and likely wouldn't be allowed by the school for either gender. I would certainly not care and allow my child to wear a clown nose, regardless of gender, out shopping. Are any children allowed to go to school naked?

You are comparing forced gender conformity with things that are either unhealthy, or neither child of any gender is allowed to do. To me, telling a boy he can't wear a skirt or dress is similar to telling a white girl she can't wear multiple braids in her hair, even if she puts them in or has a friend put them in. Obviously, things that can be harmful to them should not be allowed. That is part of our job. But forcing gender conformity is not. We don't have to do that to keep a child healthy.

Mama wants attention.

I don't think this is wrong at all. Parents don't force this on their children, it is the other way around. When a kid expresses themselves, would it be better to shame them and tell them no? That's not the world I wanna live in. There is not medical intervention here, just letting the kid live in a way that is comfortable for them. Which in this case involves being socially treated as a female. Which involves using the girls restrooms. Which is fine. They are in Kindergarten, just let the kids be who they are. It's a lot better for them.

Do you honestly believe that a 3 year old is capable of making this kind of a life changing decision?

I'm just really curious about those saying it would be "different" if she were 16. That she could decide what gender to present as if she were that age (which, let's keep in mind, is all that's happening here -- it's not like she's slated for SRS or something).

So it's ok for parents to try to force gender stereotypes on their children from the moment of birth, which they obviously can't consent to, and continue doing so until they're of driving age no matter what they say, but it is not ok to listen to your child when they reach the age where they can clearly communicate their gender and presentational preferences?

How the hell does that work?

Wearing the same shirt all week long is a hygiene issue and can lead to sickness. Wearing the wrong size shoes can hurt a child's feet, causing actual physical harm. Wearing a clown nose to school would be fine with me, but could actually distract other children and likely wouldn't be allowed by the school for either gender. I would certainly not care and allow my child to wear a clown nose, regardless of gender, out shopping. Are any children allowed to go to school naked?

You are comparing forced gender conformity with things that are either unhealthy, or neither child of any gender is allowed to do. To me, telling a boy he can't wear a skirt or dress is similar to telling a white girl she can't wear multiple braids in her hair, even if she puts them in or has a friend put them in. Obviously, things that can be harmful to them should not be allowed. That is part of our job. But forcing gender conformity is not. We don't have to do that to keep a child healthy.

You're making my point ---- allowing a child to wear/do whatever he/she wants isn't HEALTHY.

Committing suicide is different from not wanting to live your life. They don't have much concept of the former. But, unfortunately, young children are indeed capable of feeling the latter.

A 2 year old can understand gender but not mortality sure thing...

You'd say that no matter what evidence was provided to you. You're simply determined to be ignorant about this, despite the fact that medical science has already settled this question.

No it hasn't been and what people like you push is dangerous to children.
At least two studies ha e said you are wrong and now pedestrians are saying what is being done is highly dangerous to kids.

You need to rethink your view doctors creed is do no harm yet by all evidence people pushing this on 2 and 3 year old are doing just that.

From the article:

The district sent out a statement that read, "Pearland ISD's stance on transgender students remains children whose parents declare them transgender must go to the bathroom for the sex indicated on their birth certificate. Such students have also been allowed to use a private bathroom (such as in the nurse's station) if they are so inclined. All Pearland ISD kindergarten classrooms have a private, gender-neutral bathroom within the classroom for student use."

So what's the problem here?

That was another issue I saw too. My sons had a private restroom in their Kindergarten class because K students don't all have the best bladder control yet so are more prone to accidents if they can't get to the potty quick enough. Lately, schools have taken care of this by putting a single restroom inside the classroom.

You're making my point ---- allowing a child to wear/do whatever he/she wants isn't HEALTHY.

So, kids shouldn't get to choose their clothing at all? Or only if they choose clothing that you personally approve of for their gender?

A 2 year old can understand gender but not mortality sure thing...

What on earth does not wanting to live have to do with morality? Are you so self-centered that you think the suffering of others is all about you and your feelings?

No it hasn't been and what people like you push is dangerous to children.
At least two studies ha e said you are wrong and now pedestrians are saying what is being done is highly dangerous to kids.

You need to rethink your view doctors creed is do no harm yet by all evidence people pushing this on 2 and 3 year old are doing just that.

Pedesterians? :lol:

You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm curious who did these "studies," or if they even exist.

Please explain exactly how any parent forces a kid into a gender. What exactly do they do? How should a boy act and how exactly should a girl act? What toys should a boy be forced to play with? And a girl? What colors should each like? How should each behave?

Oh, I don't know. Dressing their boy in girls clothing, telling him he's a girl, and demanding he use the girl's restroom? :roll:

Do you honestly believe that a 3 year old is capable of making this kind of a life changing decision?

What exactly is life changing about this decision? Please tell us how using a restroom of a certain gender, wearing the clothes, playing with the toys of a certain gender, one not of the particular sex they were born as is a "life changing decision" by itself? There are no hormones involved, no physical change of any kind to anatomy, no change in name even (not from what I have read).

Do we even know that this is what this child wants? It could be very possible that this mother is just forcing this on them.

The kid wants praise, love and attention. Seeing friend/neighbor Suzzie getting such adoration (instead of him) for having a such a "cute" or "pretty" bow in her hair can be confusing especially if mommy is (unconsciously?) doing that. Young kids can be very jealous (selfish?) and unable to handle the fact that little girls tend to get more attention early in life.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110416192011AAMXHng

There is no real evidence provided other than what the woman says. She says she is a conservative and Christian, but there is plenty of people out there making such claims that are full of ****. She says the boy wanted a girls clothes, but that is to be expected from a woman that is forcing a boy to act like a girl. Nothing you provided mean much of anything.

As I had understood, transgender is a term applied to persons with certain biological attributes. I do not remember the exact details, but isn't it probably that a doctor should be able to tell, whether the boy is transgender?

Back
Top Bottom