• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mother wants transgender daughter to be able to use girls' bathroom in kindergarten

Re: Mother wants transgender daughter to be able to use girls' bathroom in kindergart

She has been dressing and addressing him as a girl from a very early age. This is not defensible behavior.

Why? How exactly does that hurt the child? So long as she allows him/her to choose for his or her self as he/she ages, then it shouldn't matter.

Re: Mother wants transgender daughter to be able to use girls' bathroom in kindergart

Fighting about her life? Fighting about her well being? No she isn't. She made the decision for her son, when he was only 3 years old, and mentally incapable of making this kind of life changing decision himself.

Please understand that, while I am LGBT friendly, I strongly believe that what this mother is doing is wrong.... So very wrong.

I would like to have a rational and honest discussion on this. At what age is a person is mentally capable of deciding what gender they are? My answer to this is definitely not 3 years old, which is the age that this mother began dressing her son up as a girl, and began treating him as a girl.

Article is here.
Mom needs a shrink! :doh

(and the kid probably will now, too)

3 year old have no clue and about 75-90% of them are normal behavior of how they are born.
Puberty is about 12 years longer and that is if they are healthy and haven't been brain washed by parents and doctors. However structural brain scans show their brains are not feminized. So that means there is a chemical or other neuron disorder that has to be addressed.

They are three and four year olds. They have no clue.

Sorry, you're wrong. Young children clearly express their gender from about 3 onwards, including when it is at odds with the gender their parents raised them to be. Gender is a pretty innate thing; they don't need to know about the political aspects to know what gender they are.

Good on her for listening to her child, rather than her own social training about what her child was "supposed" to be like.

Structural brain scans actually do pick up on some neurological differences in trans people. But the most definitive signs are things we only see at autopsy, like what sort of neurons they have (trans people have hormonal receptor neurons in the brain that resemble those of the gender they identify as, not the one their body displays as).

This is also true of most neural diseases, like multiple sclerosis. Our scans just aren't good enough to be able to see those things yet.

Fighting about her life? Fighting about her well being? No she isn't. She made the decision for her son, when he was only 3 years old, and mentally incapable of making this kind of life changing decision himself.

Please understand that, while I am LGBT friendly, I strongly believe that what this mother is doing is wrong.... So very wrong.

I would like to have a rational and honest discussion on this. At what age is a person is mentally capable of deciding what gender they are? My answer to this is definitely not 3 years old, which is the age that this mother began dressing her son up as a girl, and began treating him as a girl.

Article is here.

Yeah, I don't agree with this either.

I say wait 'till they can actually decide for themselves to make that decision.

The entire thread, summed up in two sentences.

Why? How exactly does that hurt the child? So long as she allows him/her to choose for his or her self as he/she ages, then it shouldn't matter.

You believe a child should be allowed to wear whatever he/she wants no matter what the "gender" of the clothing is.

What if a child wants to wear the same shirt all week long - still okay? What if a child wants to wear shoes that are 2 sizes too small - still okay? What if the child wants to wear a clown nose to school everyday - still okay? What if the child wants to go commando to school everyday - still okay? What if the child wants to run around on all fours because he wants to be a dog - still okay? What if a child wants to eat Cheetos and cupcakes for lunch everyday - still okay?

What is up with parents thinking whatever their child wants, that's what they should have or do?

I don't think this is wrong at all. Parents don't force this on their children, it is the other way around. When a kid expresses themselves, would it be better to shame them and tell them no? That's not the world I wanna live in. There is not medical intervention here, just letting the kid live in a way that is comfortable for them. Which in this case involves being socially treated as a female. Which involves using the girls restrooms. Which is fine. They are in Kindergarten, just let the kids be who they are. It's a lot better for them.

Are you kidding me? 3 year olds do not make wardrobe decisions - they don what mommy puts before (or on) them. Making it sound like toddlers choose what they wear is a joke - they do what mommy says and/or what makes mommy happy.

Sorry, you're wrong. Young children clearly express their gender from about 3 onwards, including when it is at odds with the gender their parents raised them to be. Gender is a pretty innate thing; they don't need to know about the political aspects to know what gender they are.

Good on her for listening to her child, rather than her own social training about what her child was "supposed" to be like.

Structural brain scans actually do pick up on some neurological differences in trans people. But the most definitive signs are things we only see at autopsy, like what sort of neurons they have (trans people have hormonal receptor neurons in the brain that resemble those of the gender they identify as, not the one their body displays as).

This is also true of most neural diseases, like multiple sclerosis. Our scans just aren't good enough to be able to see those things yet.

No I am not. Proof positive and many other people as well. Even studies done say opposite of what you do.

All my kids played with girl and boy toys when they were 2 and 3 they didn't care.
2-4 years old have no concept of gender. If you are one of these quacks shoving gender
Brainwashing on kids you should be arrested for child abuse and your licensed pulled.

No she is a bad parent for brain washing her kid because she wanted a girl and not a boy.
She should be applauded she should be arrested and the boy taken out of his home and away from the abuse.

As stated it is a mental disorder that should be fixed not telling them they are a different gender.

I can't wait until parents start getting sued for by their sons/daughters for making them go through all of this ****. I also can't wait to hear liberals excuse it by saying, well, it was possible he was transgender, you know.

It was a shrink that probably told her it was ok to force her boy to be a girl.

Time to build another bathroom? Think of the monetary possibilities. :2razz:

This is actually a conspiracy by American Standard, the plumbing company to build more bathrooms in schools.

No she is a bad parent for brain washing her kid because she wanted a girl and not a boy.

This is far more likely the case than the boy being transgender.

As a teacher, I'm a mandated reporter of child abuse. I've never been in a situation like this one with a student, but I'm pretty sure I would call. The gut feeling it gives me wouldn't let me sleep at night if I didn't.

What is up with parents thinking whatever their child wants, that's what they should have or do?

Do we even know that this is what this child wants? It could be very possible that this mother is just forcing this on them.

Article is here.

From a gay man- YES. This is wrong and ridiculous.

No I am not. Proof positive and many other people as well.

All my kids played with girl and boy toys when they were 2 and 3 they didn't care.
2-4 years old have no concept of gender. If you are one of these quacks shoving gender
Brainwashing on kids you should be arrested for child abuse and your licensed pulled.

She should be applauded she should be arrested and the boy taken out of his home and away from the abuse.

As stated it is a mental disorder that should be fixed not telling them they are a different gender.

Those things have nothing to do with gender. You've proven nothing, and both psychiatry and pediatrics disagree with you.

Children do know their gender, you're wrong. We've even had cases of boys raised as girls due to deformity or botched circumcision, where they still knew they were boys. Most trans people knew their true gender as very young children, even when their parents tried aggressively to force them to conform. They were still trans, and they still knew they were trans when they were a toddler.

She hasn't "brainwashed" her into anything. She's a conservative Christian who apparently struggled to try to make her child conform, and finally realized she needed to let her be who she is when she overheard her daughter praying to die.

Pearland mother finds online support in raising transgender child | abc13.com

It is not a mental disorder. The brain is healthy. It's just in the wrong body, not much different from intersex people who might be born with female bodies, but have testes on the inside. Biology doesn't always give us a clear-cut answer on someone's sex or gender.

Your mentality that they're simply insane and should be treated as such has resulted in thousands of trans people dying or killing themselves, and this mother is doing her best to ensure her daughter isn't one of them, no matter who she might grow up to be.

Are you kidding me? 3 year olds do not make wardrobe decisions - they don what mommy puts before (or on) them. Making it sound like toddlers choose what they wear is a joke - they do what mommy says and/or what makes mommy happy.

Yeah, toddlers don't really get to make independent decisions.

Article is here.

I do not see that the boy is transgender. All it seems to be is a boy dressed up to look like a girl.

Do we even know that this is what this child wants? It could be very possible that this mother is just forcing this on him.

Even IF the boy says "I want to wear a princess skirt today!" I wouldn't let him wear it to school or anywhere in public. The mental strain and stress of being made fun of isn't something I would put him through as a parent.

Now, if he was, say, 16 or 17 and told me he wanted to be female, that's a totally different story.

Do we even know that this is what this child wants? It could be very possible that this mother is just forcing this on them.

One of my boys use to go grab my daughters mermaid doll and play with it all the time. According to these nut jobs he was a girl. Ol wait 10 minutes later he was playing with his cars and knocking things over.

The other use to wear his sisters shoes. And put on a play dress guess he was a girl ol yea he take it off and
Back to cars and running into Legos with them.

These people are crazy nuts.

Even IF the boy says "I want to wear a princess skirt today!" I wouldn't let him wear it to school or anywhere in public. The mental strain and stress of being made fun of isn't something I would put him through as a parent.

Now, if he was, say, 16 or 17 and told me he wanted to be female, that's a totally different story.

Well yeah, because at 16 or 17 they're able to make decisions for themselves. I highly doubt that's also the case for a child at age 3.

Doesn't seem to be the case.

This is not the kind of woman who wanted to have to deal with something like transgenderism.

"I want a bow like Daisy," her then-three-year-old son Joseph Paul begged of her. Shappley knew the big red bow, ponytails and princess dresses were things almost every little girl wished for. However, these weren't for a daughter -- Shappley reminded herself these were the requests of her son.

That doesn't mean much at three.

Just sayin'. Also, there is no way to prove that ever happened or that she didn't influence him before that point.

Those things have nothing to do with gender. You've proven nothing, and both psychiatry and pediatrics disagree with you.

Children do know their gender, you're wrong. We've even had cases of boys raised as girls due to deformity or botched circumcision, where they still knew they were boys. Most trans people knew their true gender as very young children, even when their parents tried aggressively to force them to conform. They were still trans, and they still knew they were trans when they were a toddler.

She hasn't "brainwashed" her into anything. She's a conservative Christian who apparently struggled to try to make her child conform, and finally realized she needed to let her be who she is when she overheard her daughter praying to die.

It is not a mental disorder. The brain is healthy. It's just in the wrong body, not much different from intersex people who might be born with female bodies, but have testes on the inside. Biology doesn't always give us a clear-cut answer on someone's sex or gender.

Your mentality that they're simply insane and should be treated as such has resulted in thousands of trans people dying or killing themselves, and this mother is doing her best to ensure her daughter isn't one of them, no matter who she might grow up to be.

She has a SON, not a daughter. Nothing will ever make her have a daughter. Well, unless she has another kid or adopts.

Back
Top Bottom