• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mother Sues Doctor Who Allegedly Administered COVID-19 Vaccines to Children Without Consent

I don't know if a judge can unilaterally toss a lawsuit or not (I'm not a lawyer either). I'd guess they can if there's something wrong with the filing itself and perhaps in other circumstances but I'd think it mostly happens because the other side asks
the judge to.

My point in stating that the article accurately reported the facts is that people on both sides tend to simply dismiss an argument because of the source without doing even a cursory investigation. In this case someone actually posted the filing in the thread and it took all of 5 minutes to read it. I'll bet most of the posters who dismissed the OP didn't even both to read it.

Should you consider the source? Of course. But It strikes me as intellectually lazy to dismiss something just because of the source.
Perhaps.....but do you consider it intellectually lazy to use a source that does a poor job at fact checking?

I did, and I also read the word 'allegedly'. You know very well that an allegation only becomes factual when it is proven to be so.
So why are you whining about the messenger?

Because the 'messenger' routinely lies, indulges in conspiracy theories and disinformation. Fact; sorry if that disturbs you.
OK. Ignore the substance. Surprise, surprise.

OK. Ignore the substance. Surprise, surprise.
The substance is nothing more than allegation at this time, as the piece clearly headlines. Allegations need to be proven to be factual. Is this something you have trouble understanding?

To be completely fair, at the time there were many crazy self righteous people thinking if everyone doesn't get vaxxed, they would die. Was (and still is) a complete lack of critical thinking on many.

Now is a good time because the truth is finally coming out and it might actually see the light of day in court.
No, there weren't, at least not when discussing last year, when the kids could have been vaccinated a year before. Additionally, it is the other vaccines as well being administered without any consent from any party involved. That part is not okay with most people. If true, that is a huge, huge issue.

There is nothing out now that wasn't out then about any of these vaccines.

I changed my mind and read the complaint. I will still wait for a court to hear evidence. When I read the complaint, however, I started to think: what if the health care in the District, at this mobile site where these obviously Black teenagers go, is nothing like the health care you and your family get? I read another woman here on DP say that her children are not examined together and that they are both boys. But what if this clinic takes in a brother and sister together? This is not a high class health care facility. It is a mobile van. We know more Black women than white die during pregnancy and childbirth. Maybe healthcare just isn't as good for Black people. I am not charging a doctor of malpractice without evidence now, but I am also thinking that the care in a poor neighborhood for Black people may not be the same care I get. Did the teenagers get books stamped with the history of their Covid-19 vaccinations? The court document seemed to have the lot number.
I don't care who they are, what race they are, you would not leave your 2 teenagers together to have a checkup at the same time when you could just as easily just have one waiting with you and be called in after the first is done. They simply wouldn't be being examined together like that, especially not teens of different sexes/genders. This checkup wasn't even supposed to be involve vaccinations, correct? So what parent would think that you wouldn't be talking about other stuff, possibly even having to take off your shirt during the exam. Vaccinations they could get together, easily, but most other things that go on during a checkup you do alone, medical privacy. Even siblings have a right to medical privacy from at least each other.

She is alleging -Battery, false imprisonment, and fraud. Are their criminal charges? Has the doctor's license come under review?

As a parent, my concern would first be - get a criminal off the street and away from other kids!
These are all civil charges as they were in a civil lawsuit. Only government prosecutors can charge a criminal charge.

I don't care who they are, what race they are, you would not leave your 2 teenagers together to have a checkup at the same time when you could just as easily just have one waiting with you and be called in after the first is done. They simply wouldn't be being examined together like that, especially not teens of different sexes/genders. This checkup wasn't even supposed to be involve vaccinations, correct? So what parent would think that you wouldn't be talking about other stuff, possibly even having to take off your shirt during the exam. Vaccinations they could get together, easily, but most other things that go on during a checkup you do alone, medical privacy. Even siblings have a right to medical privacy from at least each other.
You're yelling at me as if I agreed to this mode of examination. I wasn't there. But apparently this mobile clinic has some low-brow method of doing examinations and convinced the mother to go along with it or else the story is false. The staff may not have asked the mother if she wanted the children to go in together. Remember that this was medicine for the poor. They don't always get what they want.

You're yelling at me as if I agreed to this mode of examination. I wasn't there. But apparently this mobile clinic has some low-brow method of doing examinations and convinced the mother to go along with it or else the story is false. The staff may not have asked the mother if she wanted the children to go in together. Remember that this was medicine for the poor. They don't always get what they want.
It's not about what anyone wants. If this happened, it should absolutely be brought up as a violation of medical/patient privacy. It indicates that there needs to be some major changes if this is allowed, and not just in the doctor (again, if the story is completely true as is) being disciplined/fired/whatever. It is not okay to have two siblings, teenagers of different genders especially, getting an exam together, which should involve taking off shirts and talking about issues that could be very private in nature.

Some of the things that they should have been asked in a thorough exam would have included their sex lives (even if for them just to say they are virgins or whatever), drug/tobacco/alcohol use, mental health problems, menstrual questions for the girl, potential pain in sensitive areas, and other things that have no business being brought up without warning.

Having exams the way described isn't really going to be more efficient, not if it is an actual wellness checkup. It would be awkward. When, again, one could have stayed with the mother while the other was examined, and simply switch out.

If it even happened. Nobody should be trusting a far-right source steeped in conspiratorial idiocy,
True... but doctors and nurses do shady shit based off their own beliefs when it comes to vaccines... my wife took out daughter into get the MMR and wanted to ask some questions... the doctor said sure but the nurse showed up with the vaccine drawn. My wife said she wanted to wait and was told we would have to pay the $300 or whatever it was, anyway and then again when we got the vaccine. We did not have the money at that time and the wife felt really pressured... confrontation is not her strong suit, except against me :)

... anyway the nurse won and gave the vaccine and then, unrelated to that bullshit, my daughter had an adverse reaction and when I laid it all out for the doctor she was shitting bricks about what would legally happen especially as my daughters reaction got worse and worse up to needing surgery and almost not waking up from anesthesia, etc.

Anyway... this story sounds skeptical but totally believable at the same time.

While antivaxxers are stupid, doctors should not bypass parents in this way. This a very serious ethics violation.

We have a health nurse at school that works alone and I have never asked but girls go in for girl issues and I have heard of the HPV vaccine being given without parental consent and such. I am sure it is all on the up and up but you never know... the nurse and kids are in the office alone.

Which is worse? The doctor who gave saline or this doctor who illegally forced vaxxed?

I hope this parent wins and becomes rich in the process.

To me, it doesn't matter if the vax is "safe and effective". Human rights of refusal should prevail.
Need to see more details on this but on the surface it seems wrong. Parents should get the final say on medical procedures, except where withholding them would constitute abuse.

These are all civil charges as they were in a civil lawsuit. Only government prosecutors can charge a criminal charge.
If they were serious, would they not go for criminal? Orat least get CPS involved?

I take it you didn't read the article?

These kids were told a lie. The doctor wouldn't take no for an answer thus the parent is claiming false imprisonment. This is not "informed consent" at any age.

Anyone out there good a googlefu and can find out if this is a real suite?
Allegedly. ;)

By the way. Aren't vaccinations an expected part of a child's checkup? Common sense would say that if you had issues with your child getting any vaccines-you would put that out there at registration. I would be curious what papers she signed at registration.

True... but doctors and nurses do shady shit based off their own beliefs when it comes to vaccines... my wife took out daughter into get the MMR and wanted to ask some questions... the doctor said sure but the nurse showed up with the vaccine drawn. My wife said she wanted to wait and was told we would have to pay the $300 or whatever it was, anyway and then again when we got the vaccine. We did not have the money at that time and the wife felt really pressured... confrontation is not her strong suit, except against me :)

... anyway the nurse won and gave the vaccine and then, unrelated to that bullshit, my daughter had an adverse reaction and when I laid it all out for the doctor she was shitting bricks about what would legally happen especially as my daughters reaction got worse and worse up to needing surgery and almost not waking up from anesthesia, etc.

Anyway... this story sounds skeptical but totally believable at the same time.
You had to pay $300 for the vaccine, or have I misunderstood? All vaccinations and boosters were free in Britain.

You had to pay $300 for the vaccine, or have I misunderstood? All vaccinations and boosters were free in Britain.
We had to pay. I could be wrong on the price.... I just looked it up and it said $115 bucks. I was pretty sure it was $300 though. This was 18 years ago though but it was possible it was MMR and other vaccines... I think that was the issue, we did not want to overload our 1 year old and wanted to pace out the vaccines... it must have been multiple vaccines.

It is free here though...

Yeah, because the MSM hides the Truth from the Masses when it goes against their agenda, or just lies.
Just like the Nick Sandmann case
epoch times is horseshit. It's one of those sites that I don't even click.

Which is worse? The doctor who gave saline or this doctor who illegally forced vaxxed?

I hope this parent wins and becomes rich in the process.

To me, it doesn't matter if the vax is "safe and effective". Human rights of refusal should prevail.
Neither is worse. The parent is trying to make the best, loving decisions for their children. If they ask for a vaccine and saline is administered, that's an unacceptable break of trust. The same applies to vaccinations given without parental consent. Total breakdown of trust.

Back
Top Bottom