• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mother of alleged Kenosha shooter gets standing ovation at GOP event

SheWolf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The mother of Kyle Rittenhouse, an Illinois teenager charged with fatally shooting two people and injuring a third in August during Black Lives Matter protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, received a standing ovation at a Wisconsin GOP event on Thursday.

Rittenhouse, 17, is being charged as an adult for six counts, including two of first degree murder, for allegedly shooting Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum with a semi-automatic, military-style rifle. He has become a cause célèbre among conservatives, and has attracted millions to his legal defence as he fights extradition to Wisconsin.

I don't know what else to say expect there is a major sickness in America. This is very tragic. There are Christian funds raising millions for Rittenhouse. Right wingers have attacked George Floyd and his past, but they have elevated this kid to hero status. Something is very wrong. :(

The mother of Kyle Rittenhouse, an Illinois teenager charged with fatally shooting two people and injuring a third in August during Black Lives Matter protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, received a standing ovation at a Wisconsin GOP event on Thursday.

Rittenhouse, 17, is being charged as an adult for six counts, including two of first degree murder, for allegedly shooting Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum with a semi-automatic, military-style rifle. He has become a cause célèbre among conservatives, and has attracted millions to his legal defence as he fights extradition to Wisconsin.

I don't know what else to say expect there is a major sickness in America. This is very tragic. There are Christian funds raising millions for Rittenhouse. Right wingers have attacked George Floyd and his past, but they have elevated this kid to hero status. Something is very wrong. :(
One was a criminal drug addict. The other was a person working to save lives who ended up defending himself from other criminals.

Yes...something is very wrong...but not the way YOU think it's wrong.

Michelle Malkin? Argh!

It's good to see decent people standing up for each other.

The comparison of George Floyd to Kyle Rittenhouse is apples and oranges. Floyd was killed after law enforcement pinned him to the ground for an extended period of time; whereas, Rittenhouse was pursued by aggressors and took action in two separate incidents against aggressors. I wouldn't be surprised if the desired outcome for these cases is much different then reality, as district attorneys rushed to judgement before making a more objective decision based on the evidence presented.

The comparison of George Floyd to Kyle Rittenhouse is apples and oranges. Floyd was killed after law enforcement pinned him to the ground for an extended period of time; whereas, Rittenhouse was pursued by aggressors and took action in two separate incidents against aggressors. I wouldn't be surprised if the desired outcome for these cases is much different then reality, as district attorneys rushed to judgement before making a more objective decision based on the evidence presented.
The term "rush to judgment" isn't even accurate. The information contained in the charging document was sufficient in itself to conclude self-defense. This is a straightforward malicious prosecution.

One was a criminal drug addict. The other was a person working to save lives who ended up defending himself from other criminals.

If a cop had knelt on a dog's neck, listening to it whimper and feeling it twitch for eight minutes until it finally died, you'd be outraged. Because it was a black guy you have to have it be the black guys fault.
Yeah, something is very wrong.

It is the policy of the Democratic Party, most Democrats and most Democratic DAs that they could steal everything you have and burn our house down - even attack you - and you have absolutely no right to try to stop them. If you do, you should be sent to prison for life. They literally believe it is a criminal offense to defend your life and property from being taken by them. In their opinion, the 17 year old had a legal obligation to allow himself to be murdered.

If a cop had knelt on a dog's neck, listening to it whimper and feeling it twitch for eight minutes until it finally died, you'd be outraged. Because it was a black guy you have to have it be the black guys fault.
Not if it was a rabid dog.

Rittenhouse’ s mother failed him years ago...........little late to do the right thing now.........

I dont know his motive for being there that night so I cant say if he is a hero or not. I can say that he had as much right to be there as did the peaceful rioters who attacked him. He also has the right to use force to defend himself from being attacked physically. He may of been out that night looking to antagonize the rioters just as they were out trying to provoke people. If thats the case they both were successful. From what I saw on the video, the shootings were justifiable.

There are still people who revere Charles Manson. They are not considered mainstream, but mentally ill. Michelle Malkin is not mainstream, she is mentally ill. Sociopathy is not a political platform, although some believe it is.

Not if it was a rabid dog.
Stupid thing to say. If the dog was rabid the cop would have shot it. If the man was dangerous the cop would have shot him. If my sister had balls she'd be my brother.

Trumpism: the evil is the point

Michelle Malkin? Argh!

Fully agree. After she was pretty much blackballed from Fox News Cable, I would have thought she would have faded into the sunset.

I dont know his motive for being there that night so I cant say if he is a hero or not. I can say that he had as much right to be there as did the peaceful rioters who attacked him. He also has the right to use force to defend himself from being attacked physically. He may of been out that night looking to antagonize the rioters just as they were out trying to provoke people. If thats the case they both were successful. From what I saw on the video, the shootings were justifiable.

Like you, I'm not going to openly praise him but nor will I condemn him until I see all the facts presented in a court of law.

As to the O/P...
People have the right to defend, support financially anyone they want. Some forget this is a free country.

Fully agree. After she was pretty much blackballed from Fox News Cable, I would have thought she would have faded into the sunset.
If she was too much for Fox, that's sayin' something! Actually - for all the (rightful) beating-up on some of Fox' 'opiion' evening line-up, I'm O.K. with much of Fox' daytime programing, especially Chris Baeir.

Interestingly, Shep Smith will soon be starting on CNBC! I think he'll be a good fit there, and I suspect he'll be happy.

As if we needed additional proof of how far gone the right is.

The law enforcement restraint was irrelevant to Floyd’s death. He swallowed a lethal dose of fentanyl. He was dead man walking long before he was put in a reasonable non lethal hold

George Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose. The restraint was a reasonable non lethal technique which was approved by policy and it could not, and did not, cause the death.

George Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose. The restraint was a reasonable non lethal technique which was approved by policy and it could not, and did not, cause the death.
He died with three cops kneeling on him, one on his neck. I saw it, you saw it, everyone saw it. If, and It's still an if, if you're right that he was overdosing on fentanyl, how on earth was restraining him like that until he died a reasonable response? Are you saying that someone dying of a fentanyl overdose is such a threat that three cops need to keep him down? If you say that, I'll call bullshit. A man dying of a fentanyl overdose needs medical help, not restraint. A 90 lb. woman with a Naloxone kit was what was needed, not three butt-ignorant cowards wearing badges.
That bullshit excuse doesn't fly. Fentanyl overdose incapacitates you, it doesn't act like pcp. Do you know what effect opiods have? It's about the opposite of a performance-enhancing drug. If Floyd was overdosing on fentanyl as you say, your boys are even worse cowards than if he was strong and healthy.

Shooting people is not saving lives.
He had no business being there with a weapon. No one hired him to be a mercenary.

He died with three cops kneeling on him, one on his neck. I saw it, you saw it, everyone saw it. If, and It's still an if, if you're right that he was overdosing on fentanyl, how on earth was restraining him like that until he died a reasonable response? Are you saying that someone dying of a fentanyl overdose is such a threat that three cops need to keep him down? If you say that, I'll call bullshit. A man dying of a fentanyl overdose needs medical help, not restraint. A 90 lb. woman with a Naloxone kit was what was needed, not three butt-ignorant cowards wearing badges.
That bullshit excuse doesn't fly. Fentanyl overdose incapacitates you, it doesn't act like pcp. Do you know what effect opiods have? It's about the opposite of a performance-enhancing drug. If Floyd was overdosing on fentanyl as you say, your boys are even worse cowards than if he was strong and healthy.

He was illegally resisting lawful arrest and thus it necessitated his restraint. You ignore people on Fentanyl actually can be violent and irrational. As Floyd was, Floyd also had used methamphetamine.

And it’s not a matter of debate. You can tell me the sun supposedly comes up in the west, likewise you can argue the idea that Floyd died of the restraint. That is simply factually wrong. We have the medical examiners report and emails clearing showing the doctors felt it was an overdose.

If Floyd didn’t want the knee he could have not used drugs and also gotten in the car when ordered to.

I’m not interested in your silly deflections but it’s not suprising a liberal thinks it’s appropriate to send a chick to deal with a drug addled career criminal who was know to be violent

Back
Top Bottom