• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most useless weapons ever made.

Black Dog

King Of The Dog Pound
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is not really gun control related but since all the gun people pro and anti are here, why not?

My submission is the .50 BMG 3 shot revolver...

View attachment 67154256

Why in the name of all that is holy would anyone want this...this... thing?

Just a guess... a strong grip contest ... and to make a BIG hole in nearly any common target. Y'know..like those pesky elephants that stroll through the back 40

Thom Paine

This is not really gun control related but since all the gun people pro and anti are here, why not?

View attachment 67154256

I'd buy it. Very cool!

View attachment 67154256

am i only limited to talking about useless guns and hand held weapons?

View attachment 67154256

Sometimes, nothing less will do...

View attachment 67154256

What don't you like about it? Only in the movies does it take 66 shots to knock someone down. I bet that just one shot from this monstrosity would settle any disagreements.

This is what I carry.
guns_13.jpg

I've never lost a fight.:roll:

Sometimes, nothing less will do...

Yea never know when I want to take down a rhino or two, and break my wrist at the same time!

View attachment 67154256

I've shot 44 magnum and I have no temptation to shoot anything heavier out of a handgun.

50 BMG just isn't meant for handguns or handgun purposes... that's just a show-off piece.

In the modern firearms category, I'd be tempted to vote for "The Judge" revolver by Taurus, which can fire either .45 regular handgun rounds or .410 shotgun rounds. My son thinks its cool and wants one, I think it is a gimmicky bit of nonsense.

thejudge.jpg

.45 acp, all well and good... but .410 shotgun shells?? As shotguns go, the .410 is an anemic shell whose best use IMO is shooting snakes and rats.

American Derringer and Winchester market .410 bore 000 buckshot with 5 pellets in 3-inch (76 mm) and 3 pellets in 2.5-inch (64 mm) shells,[3][4] compared to 12 00 pellets in a 3 inch 12 gauge, 9 pellets in a 2¾ inch 12 gauge.

So if you get buckshot pellets suitable for self defense, the .410 won't throw many of them and the short barrel won't help much with velocity or pattern... yet the .410 is considered a challenge on moving targets by skeet shooters.

I just don't see much use in it.

Now back in the old days they made some really odd combo weapons of dubious utility...

fpistolbayont.jpg

hwatsprkgun.jpg

What the heck is that? I mean give us a little history.

this weapon was a light machine gun designed by the french around 1915. it was lighter then most machine guns in its class, it weighs 9.5 kg, but it was considered among the worst designed machine gun in world war two. It had a infamous reputation for jamming, and it was even prone to self dissasembly under prolonged peirods of firing, if parts were worn.

also it was not just used by the french troops, but the french provided u.s troops some of these guns in world war 1 because we lacked machine guns of our own.
here is a site for some more info

Modern Firearms - Chauchat CSRG M1915

In the modern firearms category, I'd be tempted to vote for "The Judge" revolver by Taurus, which can fire either .45 regular handgun rounds or .410 shotgun rounds. My son thinks its cool and wants one, I think it is a gimmicky bit of nonsense.
]

I like the names it spawned though. First there was The Judge, then The Public Defender, then the Circuit Judge. All cool.

.45 acp, all well and good... but .410 shotgun shells?? As shotguns go, the .410 is an anemic shell whose best use IMO is shooting snakes and rats.

Those are .45 Colt's, which is compatable with the .410 not the .45 ACP. fyi...:peace

45Comparison.jpg

View attachment 67154258

So if you get buckshot pellets suitable for self defense, the .410 won't throw many of them and the short barrel won't help much with velocity or pattern... yet the .410 is considered a challenge on moving targets by skeet shooters.

I just don't see much use in it.

I use to have a Derringer 2 shot kept a .45 Colt in one chamber and .410 birdshot in the other...

Not really a picture worthy thing, but anything in .25ACP, you'd do more damage throwing dirt at your attacker.

It's a French machine gun that was fielded in WW1, and didn't work.

any sort of dirt and it jammed. Of course, in the next war most French weapons were never fired and dropped only once

Nock Volley Gun

500px-NockVolleyGun.jpg

A flintlock with 7 barrels bored at .50 caliber. The center barrel received the initial charge and the other barrels were ported to ignite off that one. The result.....7 rounds of .50 cal ball all going off more or less at the same time. It would have sucked almost as much to be behind it as in front of it.

Not really a picture worthy thing, but anything in .25ACP, you'd do more damage throwing dirt at your attacker.

I use to own a Beretta .25

Beretta950JetfireandClip-Open.jpg

Fun little gun. Put 5 within 1" @ 25 yrds. It will do what's needed. Stove-piped something fierce though...

I use to own a Berretta .25

View attachment 67154271

Fun little gun. Put 5 within 1" @ 25 yrds. It will do what's needed. Stove-piped something fierce though...

I got one in 22 short. its the ultimate backup. Jimmy Cirillo used to carry one. someone asked him what he could do with such a wimpy little gun. He stuck it in the guy's face and said

SHOOT YOU IN THE EYEBALL SIX TIMES

Back
Top Bottom