• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most useless weapons ever made.

Yeah probably... I just imagine an old guy drop shotting a mugger lol but in all seriousness I would use it but the recoil must be a motha

I used to fire a .44 mag and hated it. Way too much kick for any kind of reasonable use outside of maybe boar hunting like the 454 Casull. I can't even imagine firing a 50 bmg with no stock. I think all you are asking for is a broken wrist.

Don't get me wrong, it ain't a go to gun, but for up close and personal, ( @ 25yrds was just to see if I could do it) you don't want to go too much more...
Anything is better than nothing, but I've heard of failure to penetrate at critical distance.

Statistically it takes 59ft/lbs of force to punch thru the human sternum. The .25acp leaves the barrel with 61.
Again though, if someone is wearing heavy clothing it may not even penetrate. Any firearm can injure/kill but too many factors with that round for my taste.

You could definitely poke someone's eye out with it.
:lol: I just have no trust whatsoever in that round, and that is crucial to any firearms decision.

The .25 would certainly do the trick up under the ribs but I'd rather not be that close. That being said the one I carry the most is a 32acp.
Not a bad round in a pinch, but one of the hardest to get in my area.

Maybe elderly people want them? 1 shot 1 kill
Even in the shape I'm in I wouldn't fire that thing! Sure it looks cool, but I don't even want to know what kind of wrist damage I would take trying to fire a .50 BMG snubby. No place for the gasses to disperse, I don't even want to know what the kick is on that thing.

Anything is better than nothing, but I've heard of failure to penetrate at critical distance.

Anything more than a few feet away you shouldn't be firing it in the first place. Like the .22 you don't have to worry about it exiting. A perp 5 ft away wearing a Carhartt it will penetrate no prob.. Now stopping on the other hand....that's a different story. Might have to plug him a few times...

Anything more than a few feet away you shouldn't be firing it in the first place. Like the .22 you don't have to worry about it exiting. A perp 5 ft away wearing a Carhartt it will penetrate no prob.. Now stopping on the other hand....that's a different story. Might have to plug him a few times...
If I can help it I'm not letting someone attacking/threatening(with potential weapon of course) within five to ten feet, the further the better. The reason for my distance rule is margin of error, I can give the person a chance to think better of charging an armed man, and I would rather not fire if I don't have to. If someone is within a few feet of me, I'm not comfortable with having to rely on multiple shots, less is definitely more in that scenario.

Or 20, lol.

Most of the time I carry my little .380 with Hornady Zombie Max. It's a hot round that will get the job done in close. Don't expect to be shooting people at greater than 10 feet in any kind of situation where a CCW comes in handy.

If I can help it I'm not letting someone attacking/threatening(with potential weapon of course) within five to ten feet, the further the better. The reason for my distance rule is margin of error, I can give the person a chance to think better of charging an armed man, and I would rather not fire if I don't have to. If someone is within a few feet of me, I'm not comfortable with having to rely on multiple shots, less is definitely more in that scenario.

Well yeah in a perfect scenerio, but we were just shooting the breeze...

Well yeah in a perfect scenerio, but we were just shooting the breeze...
True. Anything will do in a pinch, <2ft. there is no wrong answer, but in that scenario you're in deep already.

This is not really gun control related but since all the gun people pro and anti are here, why not?

My submission is the .50 BMG 3 shot revolver...

View attachment 67154256

Why in the name of all that is holy would anyone want this...this... thing?

my .50 SW is moire a novelty piece and costs a small fortune to shoot. This just takes that to a whole new level

PS any video of it being fired?

my .50 SW is moire a novelty piece and costs a small fortune to shoot. This just takes that to a whole new level

PS any video of it being fired?

Never looked. I don't think anyone would be brave enough to fire that without a stand, lol.

Never looked. I don't think anyone would be brave enough to fire that without a stand, lol.

Having fired hundreds (1000s even) of rounds through an M2, I'm calling BS. If one removes the backplate on an M2 with the spring compressed, it can go through a wall or person. There's no way someone's wrists could possible compare.

Last edited:
Having fired hundreds (1000s even) of rounds through an M2, I'm calling BS. If one removes the backplate on an M2 with the spring compressed, it can go through a wall or person. There's no way someone's wrists could possible compare.

Yea Eco, I agree as that was my point as well.

Yea Eco, I agree as that was my point as well.

I know, I just wanted to add that I believe it's totally impossible. If someone could hold onto the weapon (not possible), it would probably split their forehead.

I know, I just wanted to add that I believe it's totally impossible. If someone could hold onto the weapon (not possible), it would probably split their forehead.

Yea I was thinking even if you tried to hold it firmly, if you did not break bones the gasses moving out between the frame and cylinder would cut off fingers.

In the end I still like the 454 Casull and the 460 Rowland. That is plenty big for me.

any sort of dirt and it jammed. Of course, in the next war most French weapons were never fired and dropped only once

In the real world, wasn't the French favorite weapon the white flag?

In the real world, wasn't the French favorite weapon the white flag?

yeah, my late grandfather got the highest decoration the French bestowed on members of the AEA. He said the French were brave warriors in WWI-but most of those ran into German Machine gunners leaving the gutless ones to breed just in time to populate the French army in 1939-1940. As he noted, if all the french men who claimed to be in the French resistance circa 1946, actually had been in the resistance in 1941, the Germans couldn't have held that country for as many years as they did

those well designed grips makes me call shenanigans

Back
Top Bottom