• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most U.S. voters now say Trump should not be allowed to serve as president again

itstony

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Ouch, looks like people are starting to get it. Trump should never be allowed in the White House again (unless he's on a tour).

Given “what we know about the ongoing investigations into Donald Trump,” a narrow majority of registered voters (51%) now believe he should not “be allowed to serve as president again in the future,” according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

Just 35% of voters say Trump should be allowed to serve again. The rest (14%) are unsure.

Ouch, looks like people are starting to get it. Trump should never be allowed in the White House again (unless he's on a tour).

Given “what we know about the ongoing investigations into Donald Trump,” a narrow majority of registered voters (51%) now believe he should not “be allowed to serve as president again in the future,” according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

Just 35% of voters say Trump should be allowed to serve again. The rest (14%) are unsure.

So 35% of voters are stupid. I guess that's better than half or more than half.

I'd like to see the number that think Trump should be allowed to be president again even lower, but I like this poll.
It's coming along. A slow process, but a positive one. 51% believe he should not be 'Allowed" to be president again. I'd bet that number is much higher when it comes to how people will vote.

The 'Allowed' part implies a legal remedy to keep him from holding any government office. That hasn't happened so far. But no one knows what's in the furure.
If Trump was convicted for a J-6 related crime, and a judge ruled him ineligible for office, that's all it would take given the higher courts agree. I think they would.

COME ON RIGHTIES!!

Those of you who suffer TDS, Total Devotion Syndrome, need to step up and tell us HOW PHONY THIS POLL IS!!!

People that knew him really well in the 1990s probably said the same thing.

It's coming along. A slow process, but a positive one. 51% believe he should not be 'Allowed" to be president again. I'd bet that number is much higher when it comes to how people will vote.

The 'Allowed' part implies a legal remedy to keep him from holding any government office. That hasn't happened so far. But no one knows what's in the furure.
If Trump was convicted for a J-6 related crime, and a judge ruled him ineligible for office, that's all it would take given the higher courts agree. I think they would.

You would hope the courts would agree at that point. But with this supreme court, I'm not confident.

Stick a fork in him.

People that knew him really well in the 1990s probably said the same thing.
That has always been one of the craziest parts. If you’d asked a conservative republican in 1998 about Trump, they’d have told you he was the poster child for rich elitist New York Democrat asshole. Then he became their messiah. From this very forum: “I support Trump because he understands us in the heartland.” Said about a man living in a literal golden tower and sitting on a literal golden throne.

LOL What does that say about Biden?

If they were to run against each other, registered voters were split almost down the middle, with 48 percent supporting Trump and 46 percent supporting Biden, the Post-ABC poll showed

I think we all know that neither Trump nor Biden will be running in 24. Which makes your comment irrelevant. This is all speculation at this point. The difference is that Biden's poll numbers are going up and Trumps are going down.

At this point in time, Trump has nowhere to go but down. Biden, on the other hand has a lot of good policies out there that benefit the American people. What does Trump have to offer, or republicans for that matter?

All I've ever heard out of McCarthy and a few of the top GOP senators is revenge politics and grievances. Culture wars and election denial.

Someone who tries to overthrow democracy should not be allowed to use it to attain office again. Also, there is no way that he should be granted a security clearance.

It doesn’t matter what most voters say. What really matters with our current system is what people living in rural God-forsaken areas say. Because we are not a democracy, you see. We are a Republic. /s

Most U.S. voters now say Trump should not be allowed to serve as president again​

Nothing new. Most U.S. voters said that in 2020 too - by at least 7 million votes. Alas, too many of Trump's mindless minions haven't gotten that message yet. And apparently, neither has he.

All I know is we on the left need Trump to run again as it's the only guaranteed way to keep a democrat in the White House.

At a minimum, I want him to seek the nomination. He and Desantis, and perhaps others duking it out in the primaries will be one for the ages! Even if Desantis wins the nomination, Trump supporters will have to hate Desantis- again creating a nice boost for the democratic candidate.

Just 51%???

Wow! I'm surprised.

All I know is we on the left need Trump to run again as it's the only guaranteed way to keep a democrat in the White House.

At a minimum, I want him to seek the nomination. He and Desantis, and perhaps others duking it out in the primaries will be one for the ages! Even if Desantis wins the nomination, Trump supporters will have to hate Desantis- again creating a nice boost for the democratic candidate.

You might even throw Cheney in there as an Indie, too!

You know, the bolded may be a fair point. I was unhappy to see only 51%.

Another bogus Yahoo/YouGov poll.

I have shown before how these people manipulate their polls by over and under sampling by party affiliation. This poll is no different.

This poll:

Dems - 32%
Reps - 27%
Inds - 26%

Gallup:

Dems - 30%
Reps - 24%
Inds - 43%

POLL REJECTED!!!

Do federal penitentiaries allow outside visits to the capitol?

well so far legally theres no reason to not allow him
but yes its obvious to the honest, educated and objective people that care about America, rights, freedom and equality that its better for the country and world if he is never president, we will be recovering from the damage he has done for quite sometime

Another bogus Yahoo/YouGov poll.

I have shown before how these people manipulate their polls by over and under sampling by party affiliation. This poll is no different.

This poll:

Dems - 32%
Reps - 27%
Inds - 26%

POLL REJECTED!!!

As a disclaimer, this post assumes that you -@Mycroft- believe that you rejected the poll for valid methodological reasons, and not becuase you don't like the results. If this assumption is incorrect, you can stop reading now.

I assume this is the poll you're talking about, the Economist/Yougov poll from Sept. 24-27.
It's the only one I could find on their site. If it isn't, doesn't really matter because the results are very similar.

Question 98: Party Affiliation
Strong Democrat ....................................................................... 22%
Not very strong Democrat ...............................................................11%
Lean Democrat ..........................................................................8%
Independent ............................................................................18%
Lean Republican .........................................................................8%
Not very strong Republican .............................................................10%
Strong Republican ......................................................................19%
Not sure .................................................................................4%

41% Dem, 18% Independent, 37% Rep

I guess you have never taken a statistics class or studied how polling is done. One aspect of a random sample is that you cannot guarantee a perfectly "balanced" distribution of demographic characteristics. Therefore, pollsters use this concept called "math" to weight the results. This poll weighted, "according to gender, age, race, education, 2020 election turnout and Presidential vote, baseline party identification, and current voter registration status" (see the poll's Methodology link). Dismissing the poll for the reason you cite is nonsensical and unscientific.

Questions 67 & 68 concern Trump:

67. Do you want President Biden to run for president again in 2024?
Yes .....................................................................................21%
No ......................................................................................55%
Not sure ................................................................................24%

68. Do you want Donald Trump to run for president again in 2024?
Yes .....................................................................................29%
No ......................................................................................53%
Not sure ................................................................................18%

Even if the 3% margin of error all went his way, the results remain quite unfavorable for Mr. Trump.

I know that for some mysterious reason you don't care what 538 says, or that they've given yougov a B+ rating, but it actually matters. 538 looks at a number of factors, but the most important is the pollster's performance in predicting outcomes. 538 analyzed 455 yougov polls that correctly predicted 89% of races. That's a pretty decent grade.

Back
Top Bottom