• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most successful host of hyper-liberal "Air America" radio network, kills more people in one day than . . .

seymourflops

Keep Calm and Rebuy!
Banned
Supporting Member
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
. . . I, a gun owning libertarian, have killed in my lifetime.

An assistant director grabbed one of three prop guns that the film’s armorer had set up outside on a gray cart, handed it to Mr. Baldwin, and, according to an affidavit signed by Detective Joel Cano of the Santa Fe County sheriff’s office, yelled “Cold Gun!” — which was supposed to indicate that the gun did not have any live rounds in it.

When Mr. Baldwin fired the gun, law enforcement officials said, it struck and killed the film’s cinematographer and wounded its director — and raised new questions about firearms safety on film sets.

The assistant director “did not know live rounds were in the prop-gun” when he gave it to Mr. Baldwin, according to the affidavit, which was made as part of a search warrant application. The affidavit did not specify what kind of ammunition the gun had been loaded with.

I don't know if the assistant director was an anti-gun activist. I do know that Alec Baldwin was:

1634956334348.png

I love the moralizing from an actor who has frequently appeared in movies as the kind of cool gun-toting tough guy that our youth gangs imitate.

If Baldwin had taken the most basic NRA guns safety course, he never would have accepted the AD's word that the firearm was in readiness condition 4. He would have known what readiness condition 4 means, and he would have known how to check for it.

I don't know. I'm a second amendment supporter, but maybe I could get behind a law banning anyone who is an anti-gun activist from being handed a gun by anyone other than a licensed NRA instructor, trying to help the activist get over the hoplophobia.

An assistant director grabbed one of three prop guns that the film’s armorer had set up outside on a gray cart, handed it to Mr. Baldwin, and, according to an affidavit signed by Detective Joel Cano of the Santa Fe County sheriff’s office, yelled “Cold Gun!” — which was supposed to indicate that the gun did not have any live rounds in it.

When Mr. Baldwin fired the gun, law enforcement officials said, it struck and killed the film’s cinematographer and wounded its director — and raised new questions about firearms safety on film sets.

The assistant director “did not know live rounds were in the prop-gun” when he gave it to Mr. Baldwin, according to the affidavit, which was made as part of a search warrant application. The affidavit did not specify what kind of ammunition the gun had been loaded with.

I don't know if the assistant director was an anti-gun activist. I do know that Alec Baldwin was:

I love the moralizing from an actor who has frequently appeared in movies as the kind of cool gun-toting tough guy that our youth gangs imitate.

If Baldwin had taken the most basic NRA guns safety course, he never would have accepted the AD's word that the firearm was in readiness condition 4. He would have known what readiness condition 4 means, and he would have known how to check for it.

I don't know. I'm a second amendment supporter, but maybe I could get behind a law banning anyone who is an anti-gun activist from being handed a gun by anyone other than a licensed NRA instructor, trying to help the activist get over the hoplophobia.
:rolleyes:

OY - VEY !!

Alex Baldwin and Travis McMichael ... two killings more similar that some imagine, will they get equal justice?

Baldwin is now discovering how it feels to kill someone, except (of course) it wasn't in self defense.

Questions must be asked, and justice done, right?

1) Baldwin fired a deadly weapon, apparently a semi-automatic pistol.

2) Baldwin pointed it at the camera woman, intentionally.

3) He discharged it, intentionally.

4) He violated every gun safety protocol ever written...never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger, even if you "think" its unloaded or didn't intend to pull the trigger.

5) If it is required, in a scene, to aim and shoot the camera woman even novice gun users know that one must personally verify, more than once, that a bullet is not in the chamber.

6) Baldwin is quoted as saying he had never been handed a "hot" gun (a chambered round?) so he assumed not and shot?

7) Obviously, the gun was supposed to fire when he pulled the trigger, which may mean he being reckless and fooling around, even pointing the firearm at Hutchins as a joke.

8) Even if he weren't the triggerman, as producer and star, would bear some responsibility for overall safety on the set.

McMichael was reckless with a firearm, so was Baldwin. McMichael had no desire to kill anyone, nor (we assume) did Baldwin. McMichael may have pointed it at someone as self defense, Baldwin did so likely for no other reason than "playing".

McMichael had a reason for shooting someone trying to hurt or kill him, Baldwin didn't.

Hmmmm... so it sounds like felony murder for Baldwin based on criminal negligence with a loaded firearm.

Will Baldwin go to trial and get 20 years to life? Naw, he's a liberal and shot an accomplished white woman, not a young black low life with a police record.

Baldwin will be hugged, forgiven, and announce redemption.

Interesting...

Most successful host of hyper-liberal "Air America" radio network, kills more people in one day than . . .​

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your threads are very "special."

Peace and good luck you, hope you catch a few.

Alex Baldwin and Travis McMichael ... two killings more similar that some imagine, will they get equal justice?

Baldwin is now discovering how it feels to kill someone, except (of course) it wasn't in self defense.

Questions must be asked, and justice done, right?

1) Baldwin fired a deadly weapon, apparently a semi-automatic pistol.

2) Baldwin pointed it at the camera woman, intentionally.

3) He discharged it, intentionally.

4) He violated every gun safety protocol ever written...never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger, even if you "think" its unloaded or didn't intend to pull the trigger.

5) If it is required, in a scene, to aim and shoot the camera woman even novice gun users know that one must personally verify, more than once, that a bullet is not in the chamber.

6) Baldwin is quoted as saying he had never been handed a "hot" gun (a chambered round?) so he assumed not and shot?

7) Obviously, the gun was supposed to fire when he pulled the trigger, which may mean he being reckless and fooling around, even pointing the firearm at Hutchins as a joke.

8) Even if he weren't the triggerman, as producer and star, would bear some responsibility for overall safety on the set.

McMichael was reckless with a firearm, so was Baldwin. McMichael had no desire to kill anyone, nor (we assume) did Baldwin. McMichael may have pointed it at someone as self defense, Baldwin did so likely for no other reason than "playing".

McMichael had a reason for shooting someone trying to hurt or kill him, Baldwin didn't.

Hmmmm... so it sounds like felony murder for Baldwin based on criminal negligence with a loaded firearm.

Will Baldwin go to trial and get 20 years to life? Naw, he's a liberal and shot an accomplished white woman, not a young black low life with a police record.

Baldwin will be hugged, forgiven, and announce redemption.

Interesting...
Why are they even using real firearms to make movies anymore? Why use "blanks," when you can add any flames or sounds in post?

Most action movies these days are basically animated CGI cartoons. Why in the world would you need a real gun?

How does a live round get within a country mile of a so-called "prop gun?" Seriously, where did it come from? Some extra stopped by the gun store before the five A.M. first call?

Look for these questions and dozens of others to be buried in the typical media silence.

This happened to Bruce Lee's son more than two decades ago. I remember hearing about it on the radio. They said that a "projectile" had somehow come out of the barrel of a prop gun and killed Brandon Lee.

I said to my wife, "That sounds like a bullet, doesn't it?"

Of course, it was.

Is Hollywood really filled with people this stupid?

Are the American left really stupid enough to give credence to such idiots' political musings?

Why would God create such people? What is the use of people stupid enough to foul things up like this, but not so stupid that they walk into traffic and validate Darwin?

Why?

What was God thinking when they created the American left?

You're right.

Other than a person having died of gunshot wounds, I can't think of a single similarity between the two cases, Alec Baldwin and Travis McMichael.

Can you enlighten me?

For what it's worth, I really don't have a thirst for Baldwin or anyone else to be "punished."

Maybe that is because I am a long-time special education teacher. I often advocated against punishing children whose IQ was simply too low for them to understand what they were doing.

I still don't get why these incredibly stupid people are held up as exemplars of political wisdom by the American left.

Can you explain that, please, @Checkerboard Strangler ?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Now, this is going to pose problems for the filming company and Baldwin, who is a producer of the film. "Three" instances of accidental shootings on the set.....totally irresponsible.....camera crew leaving six hours earlier, while they replaced them with non union people......this looks bad, real bad.

As far as I know, there is no legal requirement that people know the terminology or techniques behind gun safety in any part of the US.

I would support making such knowledge mandatory though.

Now, this is going to pose problems for the filming company and Baldwin, who is a producer of the film. "Three" instances of accidental shootings on the set.....totally irresponsible.....camera crew leaving six hours earlier, while they replaced them with non union people......this looks bad, real bad.
There are definitely some procedural and policy issues at play here.

but maybe I could get behind a law banning anyone who is an anti-gun activist from being handed a gun by anyone other than a licensed NRA instructor,

LMAO, notoriously under qualified, our wonderful NRA "instructors".

When I took my concealed carry course, the "NRA instructor" instructed me to point my Springfield .45 semi auto at him so he could show me the finer points of confronting someone who is armed. LMAO.

I refused, telling him that I had learned as a young child to never point a weapon at anything I do not want to shoot. Guy was a complete idiot. Woefully under qualified to be teaching anyone about firearms.

"NRA Instructors"...lol, they shouldn't be "instructing" anyone in anything IMO.

I still don't get why these incredibly stupid people are held up as exemplars of political wisdom by the American left.

The "American right" is currently worshiping a Reality TeeVee host. LMAO. How is that any better pray tell?

Is Hollywood really filled with people this stupid?

Are the American left really stupid enough to give credence to such idiots' political musings?

And again, you worship a Reality teevee host, and give Creedence to its "political musings", which IMO are far more inane and brainless than anything Alex Baldwin ever said. On camera or off.

Physician: HEAL THEYSELF.

giphy.gif

If Baldwin had taken the most basic NRA guns safety course, he never would have accepted the AD's word that the firearm was in readiness condition 4...

Total BS - and what difference does it make what kind of movies he's been in ?

Why do movie sets have a props manager and an armorer (if guns are present) ?

It's so that actors (and actresses) can have confidence that what they're handed is safe...do actors also need to be electricians too before touching electrical devices handed to them by supposed "expert" props men ?

I've BEEN on sets that bad.
Fortunately it wasn't weapons issues but it's the same problem, that of being injured or killed on set.
The issues I encountered were (among many others) unqualified riggers doing shitty rigging work resulting in heavy lights acting like hail stones :rolleyes: or dangerous electrical, crew members under excessive intoxication and/or inebriation, set mechanics who damn near set picture cars on fire, producers telling stunt coordinators to cut corners for time and budget, locations that were dangerous due to being unsecured from theft opportunities, the list is almost endless.

By the way, this is a textbook case of WHY UNIONS ARE important, after all.
There's a reason why unions walk off sets...they don't take such steps lightly, because they do KNOW that crew would much rather be working.

View attachment 67358448

he

Being the "most success host on Air America" is like being the 100 meter breaststroke champion on the Titanic.

LMAO, notoriously under qualified, our wonderful NRA "instructors".

When I took my concealed carry course, the "NRA instructor" instructed me to point my Springfield .45 semi auto at him so he could show me the finer points of confronting someone who is armed. LMAO.

I refused, telling him that I had learned as a young child to never point a weapon at anything I do not want to shoot. Guy was a complete idiot. Woefully under qualified to be teaching anyone about firearms.

"NRA Instructors"...lol, they shouldn't be "instructing" anyone in anything IMO.

so you didn't check the weapon first? I think you are dropping bull turds here

Back
Top Bottom