• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most stupid talking point award

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It goes to the “riots happened under trump” talking point.

What utter nonsense to try to pin your own sides lawless behavior on trump. Is there a single person in America who believes such nonsense? I would be embarrassed to repeat it. And I have to believe it only helps the right when people say such stupid things. Undecided voters, even the ignorant low information ones, can see how idiotic that is, and so it might not turn a few votes away from the left.

so please, keep repeating it.

What utter nonsense to try to pin your own sides lawless behavior on trump. Is there a single person in America who believes such nonsense? I would be embarrassed to repeat it. And I have to believe it only helps the right when people say such stupid things. Undecided voters, even the ignorant low information ones, can see how idiotic that is, and so it might not turn a few votes away from the left.

I think nonsense is what you are spewing

Here is a explanation as to what causes riots

Historically, riots have occurred due to poverty, unemployment, poor living conditions, governmental oppression, taxation or conscription, conflicts between ethnic groups (race riot) or religions (sectarian violence, pogrom), the outcome of a sporting event (sports riot, football hooliganism) or frustration with legal ...

As such, it is not "our own sided lawless behavior" that is at fault. With Trump being in charge, any and all of these are reasons for people to riot. People do not usually riot if everything is well.

“Only trump can fix the lawlessness under trump’s watch. Trump 2020”

Trump is our highest leader. Trump takes responsibility for every conceivable perceived good outcome under his watch.
Equally stupid to you, right?

Trump's crowning glory, using his divisiveness bullhorn day in and day out to divide the country? He pays lip service to unity and peace ON OCCASION and then is right back to his divisiveness and conflict rhetoric. Trump opens the scabs of the Nation every day and then blames others when they can't be easily closed. He is happy to see the country bleed.

He spends hours each day dividing us. So Sorry...he is going to own that.

and yes I WILL keep repeating it.

Trump tweet

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.
12:01 PM · Nov 8, 2013

Trump is our highest leader. Trump takes responsibility for every conceivable perceived good outcome under his watch.
Equally stupid to you, right?
Of course.

This post is insane. This is happening on Trump's watch and he has fueled the tensions we see from both sides.

Of course it more his fault than anyone else.

Stop the nonsense and be an American first.

Violence caused by hating Trump is totally Trump's fault because facts. I get it now sorry for being so slow.

OK.

So how should Biden stop it, right here, right now?

Why can't trump?

Ever consider your boy just sucks at all of this and the entire wourld isn't conspiring over a period of decades just to bring him down?

Seems a whole lot simpler and more realistic.

Violence caused by hating Trump is totally Trump's fault because facts. I get it now sorry for being so slow.

Trump has done more than enough to draw folks's ire.

Historically, riots have occurred due to poverty, unemployment, poor living conditions, governmental oppression, taxation or conscription, conflicts between ethnic groups (race riot) or religions (sectarian violence, pogrom), the outcome of a sporting event (sports riot, football hooliganism) or frustration with legal ...

As such, it is not "our own sided lawless behavior" that is at fault. With Trump being in charge, any and all of these are reasons for people to riot. People do not usually riot if everything is well.
LOL, cherry picking a Wikipedia article. The epitome of vapidness.

Says Trumpist who gave Trump credit for the economy Obama handed him, then when Trump wrecked it blamed the Democrats?

Take the profane idiocy and damnable dishonesty of your post elsewhere.

He needs more time to own the libtards. Then unicorns will fart gold, platinum, and ruby rainbows.

“.....You know what solves it? When the economy crashes, when the country goes to total hell and everything is a disaster, then you’ll have a, you know, you’ll have riots to go back to where we used to be when we were great......".

Rather odd many here in this thread are completely ignoring the divisiveness of the identity politics, the politics of division and tribalism, which the Democrats have been using as a tactic for political advantage and to attack their political opponents with for the last oh, say 10 years at least now.

From my view we are all now reaping what they've sown.

Rather odd many here in this thread are completely ignoring the divisiveness of the identity politics, the politics of division and tribalism, which the Democrats have been using as a tactic for political advantage and to attack their political opponents with for the last oh, say 10 years at least now.

From my view we are all now reaping what they've sown.

post condemns tribalism then makes a tribalistic statement.

And that doesn't make it Trumps fault when you see the violence in democrat run cities. Democrat mayors, democrat city councils, chiefs of police, democrat governors. That's a democrat problem. How come we aren't seeing all this in republican run cities?

Do you not understand the 10 amendment? He can't just go in and fix the problems. It's a state matter and the states have to take care unless they ask for federal help or he declares an insurrection What we have seen is incompetent mayors.

And that doesn't make it Trumps fault when you see the violence in democrat run cities. Democrat mayors, democrat city councils, chiefs of police, democrat governors. That's a democrat problem. How come we aren't seeing all this in republican run cities?

I can say the same to you regarding the Corona Virus. It is the cities run by Republicans that are seeing the most cases and the most deaths.

When you consider that more people are dying unnecessarily in Republican controlled cities from Trump's Covid-19 response than those dying of rioting in Democrat controlled cities. Comparing deaths to deaths, the Republicans win the prize for the most people negatively affected.

There is a difference in saying that the recent events happened under Trump and that they are in some way Trump's fault. The former is fact. The latter is trying to focus the blame for a complex set of issues on a scapegoat.

The violence absolutely did happen under Trump. That is fact. It is in not "all Trump's fault." Maybe there is some contribution by Trump in isolated cases. As president, he certainly bears responsibility for how he responds to it.

But consider this: Even if the violence is 100% not Trump's fault, he has been categorically unable to stop it as president. A vote for Trump will be a vote for the status quo of continued violence and riots.

Perhaps if Democrats caused the violence as you imply in your op, then a Democratic President can stop it? This is an open question. We may have the chance to find out. The question of whether or not Trump can stop it has been answered: He cannot, otherwise he would have.

Back
Top Bottom