• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most popular tourist destinations in Europe quiz

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Without cheating and using Google or reading the BBC or UN website, which countries and cities in Europe do you think are the most popular tourist destinations?

Hint, the most popular destination country is also most popular tourism destination in the world but it's capital is NOT the most popular city destination in Europe.

going on this: the most popular destination country is also most popular tourism destination in the world but it's capital is NOT the most popular city destination in Europe.

I'd have to say Barcelona, Spain or Venice, Italy.
I now I guessed twice... but if I am allowed just one, Venice.

going on this: the most popular destination country is also most popular tourism destination in the world but it's capital is NOT the most popular city destination in Europe.

I'd have to say Barcelona, Spain or Venice, Italy.
I now I guessed twice... but if I am allowed just one, Venice.

Wrong on all counts I'm afraid..

Wrong on all counts I'm afraid..

Ok.

Well the most popular country is surely France. I remember a few years ago that it has more tourists than population.

So.... Marseille, France? Though I can't imagine that city beating Paris.

Without cheating and using Google or reading the BBC or UN website, which countries and cities in Europe do you think are the most popular tourist destinations?

Hint, the most popular destination country is also most popular tourism destination in the world but it's capital is NOT the most popular city destination in Europe.

France followed by Spain if we are talking countries. Last I looked those 2 were the most visited in the world followed by the US.

As for cities... I would suspect London is nr 1, followed by Rome and then maybe Barcelona/Madrid/Paris.

Albania, Dardania, Croatia, Turkiye, Deutchland, and Britain?

As for myself, I would stay away from the big cities. Ths natural wonders are not there.

I think I read a while back that France was the most popular tourist destination in the world.

Ok.

Well the most popular country is surely France. I remember a few years ago that it has more tourists than population.

So.... Marseille, France? Though I can't imagine that city beating Paris.

Right on the country, wrong city.

France followed by Spain if we are talking countries. Last I looked those 2 were the most visited in the world followed by the US.

As for cities... I would suspect London is nr 1, followed by Rome and then maybe Barcelona/Madrid/Paris.

Right... but you have confessed to cheating on such a quiz before

Albania, Dardania, Croatia, Turkiye, Deutchland, and Britain?

All wrong, sorry!

I think I read a while back that France was the most popular tourist destination in the world.

Correct! For quite a few consecutive years too.

Most popular destination in the world (France) Most popular city in Europe - London.

Most popular city destination in the world - Bangkok.

Despite France being such a popular destination, apparently tourists don't add as much to the economy as they do in the US / UK / Germany / Thailand etc etc

City (state) where tourists spend the most per head - Macao

france italy

Right... but you have confessed to cheating on such a quiz before

No I did not cheat. The information on tourism I have seen was years ago based on 2003 or so data... when it comes to most popular country. France has been at the top for decades. If I had cheated, then I would not have put Spain as nr 2.. would I now.. yes I saw the BBC article after the fact.

As for London.. was logical, since you are a Brit :) and it is a popular shopping destination. Although the true answer is Bangkok according to the BBC article :)

Back
Top Bottom