• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most people are not understanding the issue with the Supreme Court. This article explains it.

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
People have not wanted to watch Sen. Whitehouse's 15 minute speech, but perhaps they'll read an article. It's not about the social issues or abortion and so on mostly. It's about power and gutting the American people's ability to limit harmful profits for powerful companies. This article explains a lot about it. It's a long-term coup against the constitution and it's not going away soon.

If people read that, there's an additional article about Naomi Klein discussing the current court as the sort of power grab she discussed in her book, "The Shock Doctrine".

trump nearly launched a successful coup against the presidential election through legislators. Republicans have launched a successful judicial coup against the constitution through the Supreme Court.

trump nearly launched a successful coup against the presidential election through legislators. Republicans have launched a successful judicial coup against the constitution through the Supreme Court.

The Constitution does not mention any power of executive agency rule (aka law) making, abortion, trimesters or viability. The SCOTUS has a job: interpreting the Constitution & laws and settling disputes over such matters.

People have not wanted to watch Sen. Whitehouse's 15 minute speech, but perhaps they'll read an article. It's not about the social issues or abortion and so on mostly. It's about power and gutting the American people's ability to limit harmful profits for powerful companies. This article explains a lot about it. It's a long-term coup against the constitution and it's not going away soon.

If people read that, there's an additional article about Naomi Klein discussing the current court as the sort of power grab she discussed in her book, "The Shock Doctrine".

Conspiracy Theories are in a different forum.

I admire Common Dreams but they are left of Vox and that is saying something. In this case their anti-corporatism is running wild. They conveniently overlook that Democrats now represent big money blocs and Republicans are the party of the wage earner.

Common Dreams :LOL:

We have never experienced the silence from a major party that we are experiencing now.
The leader of the Republican Party may be in trouble with the law. Trump surely is in trouble with the voters. Yet not one Republican in Washington is coming to the defense of Trump in the media. Republicans are totally silent on the issues involving their leader.
Not one Republican wants to be sworn in to testify for the defense of Trump in Jan. 6 committee hearings. The very opposite is happening. Republicans are avoiding the hearings for fear they may be indicted. Several Trump allies in his weird stolen election scheme have pleaded the Fifth.
ABC reports "On June 24, the Supreme Court's smallest-possible majority struck down the long-standing Roe v. Wade ruling, which had for five decades guaranteed a right to access abortion. It was a rare instance of the court restricting rights it had previously extended via the Constitution.

"Roe's reversal was partly possible because of the votes of the court's three most recent justices, all of whom were appointed for life by President Donald Trump -- himself elected by a minority of the population. He lost the popular vote and was confirmed by Senate Republicans representing roughly 43 percent of the country."

The problem is, our Constitution gave too much power to the smaller states, meaning states with small populations. Americans who live in states with large populations have less power and less representation than those Americans who live in states with smaller populations.

What does this mean exactly? It means the farmer in Montana has more political power, more government influence than the doctor in California. The problem becomes more acute with the realization that, generally speaking, the doctor in California is going to have more education and be more informed than the farmer in Montana.

Republican leaders are not dumb, and they are taking full advantage of their less educated, less informed, voters. Because they are largely uninformed and not fully cognizant of events around them, grassroots Republicans are largely unaware of what is being done in their name. All they know is, they are loyal followers of Donald Trump. Most of them know very little about Trump's attempt to overthrow the elected government.

Here is one example of the problem. There are many others.

Technically speaking, our President is not chosen by the American people. He is voted into office by the electors in the Electoral College in accordance with our Constitution. The number of electors each state has is the total of its Senators and representatives.

California has a total population of a little more than 39 million. California has 55 electors. Montana has a population of little more than a million. Montana has three electors.

When you divide the population by the number of electors, each elector in Montana represents 333,333 Americans. Each elector in California represents 709,090 Americans. The farmer in Montana has over twice the representation than the doctor in California. That is how Trump became our President in 2016 even though he lost the popular vote cast by the American people.

This becomes all the more serious when one realizes that the doctor has a college education and, generally speaking, is more informed than the farmer in Montana who has no use for a college education and political awareness unless the latter has something to do with farming.

ABC reports "On June 24, the Supreme Court's smallest-possible majority struck down the long-standing Roe v. Wade ruling, which had for five decades guaranteed a right to access abortion. It was a rare instance of the court restricting rights it had previously extended via the Constitution.

"Roe's reversal was partly possible because of the votes of the court's three most recent justices, all of whom were appointed for life by President Donald Trump -- himself elected by a minority of the population. He lost the popular vote and was confirmed by Senate Republicans representing roughly 43 percent of the country."

The problem is, our Constitution gave too much power to the smaller states, meaning states with small populations. Americans who live in states with large populations have less power and less representation than those Americans who live in states with smaller populations.

What does this mean exactly? It means the farmer in Montana has more political power, more government influence than the doctor in California. The problem becomes more acute with the realization that, generally speaking, the doctor in California is going to have more education and be more informed than the farmer in Montana.

Republican leaders are not dumb, and they are taking full advantage of their less educated, less informed, voters. Because they are largely uninformed and not fully cognizant of events around them, grassroots Republicans are largely unaware of what is being done in their name. All they know is, they are loyal followers of Donald Trump. Most of them know very little about Trump's attempt to overthrow the elected government.

Here is one example of the problem. There are many others.

Technically speaking, our President is not chosen by the American people. He is voted into office by the electors in the Electoral College in accordance with our Constitution. The number of electors each state has is the total of its Senators and representatives.

California has a total population of a little more than 39 million. California has 55 electors. Montana has a population of little more than a million. Montana has three electors.

When you divide the population by the number of electors, each elector in Montana represents 333,333 Americans. Each elector in California represents 709,090 Americans. The farmer in Montana has over twice the representation than the doctor in California. That is how Trump became our President in 2016 even though he lost the popular vote cast by the American people.

This becomes all the more serious when one realizes that the doctor has a college education and, generally speaking, is more informed than the farmer in Montana who has no use for a college education and political awareness unless the latter has something to do with farming.
The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 7, 2012

The Constitution does not mention any power of executive agency rule (aka law) making, abortion, trimesters or viability. The SCOTUS has a job: interpreting the Constitution & laws and settling disputes over such matters.
Dude, he quoted common dreams, that web site is so kook left it would make Stalin wince.

Dude, he quoted common dreams, that web site is so kook left it would make Stalin wince.

It is definitely loaded with far left bias, but rates well for factual content. BTW, I replied to his personal content not that from the OP source link(s).

Charles Koch is very excited about his Supreme Court choices and double excited about the environmental destruction decisions. His dark money is paying back.....at least for awhile.

What else is on the chopping block that will also devastate the economy? As the worldwide USA image
takes a serious hit!!!!!! Wealthy foreign investors that buy treasury bonds are nervous......the USA cannot afford
to lose these wealthy investors. Many foreign governments invest in the USA.

ANTI AMERICAN ALEC RINO GOP Party which has declared a 24/7 :

--- War On Good Wages aka Right To Work Legislation
--- War against AFFORDABLE Medical Insurance and Single Payer
--- War On Medicare
--- War On Medicaid
--- War on public education and Higher Education
--- War On Social Security Insurance
--- War on the economy through Supply Side Wreckanomics
--- War against women
--- War on the VA and Veterans Benefits
--- War on Voters Rights = VOTER SUPPRESSION
--- War on strict gun regulations
--- War On National Monuments/Parks
--- War on the press
--- War on the USA Postal Service
--- War On Environmental Cleanliness
--- War On USA Jobs through Free Trade Agreements and Leveraged Buyout Scams
--- War for Oil Control Worldwide
--- War on truth about global warming/climate change
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2010/03/30/174616/koch-denial-machine/

Charles Koch is very excited about his Supreme Court choices and double excited about the environmental destruction decisions. His dark money is paying back.....at least for awhile.

The SC enviormental ruling was a good call. Environmental agencies should be utilizing Congressional laws instead of through their own departmental policies. That's the job of Congress, that has accountability to its voters.

The SC enviormental ruling was a good call. Environmental agencies should be utilizing Congressional laws instead of through their own departmental policies. That's the job of Congress, that has accountability to its voters.

No, you are parroting propaganda designed to cover and justify polluters gutting the power of the American people to protect the environment from them, by corrupting our courts. I won't say you're a traitor because you are a 'sucker', but you are otherwise like a traitor, supporting the enemies and overthrow of the American people with your accepting the propaganda and the policies.

No, you are parroting propaganda designed to cover and justify polluters gutting the power of the American people to protect the environment from them, by corrupting our courts. I won't say you're a traitor because you are a 'sucker', but you are otherwise like a traitor, supporting the enemies and overthrow of the American people with your accepting the propaganda and the policies.

Sorry, but it isn't the Supreme Courts job to punish polluters. These agencies don't get to make up their own laws to bypass the proper democratic process that should be done by Congress. They just got their hand slapped for it for good reason.

And I take offense over being called a traitor just because I believe in proper use of power. Because its not been granted by Congress for these agencies to do what they want.

Last edited:
Sorry, but it isn't the Supreme Courts job to punish polluters. These agencies don't get to make up their own laws to bypass the proper democratic process that should be done by Congress. They just got their hand slapped for it for good reason.

I'm going to say this once (more), and then if you continue to spout right-wing ignorant propaganda will question seeing more of your posts. Polluters have spent billions to groom and place these right-wing activists who are not there to be honest judges, but to install the polluters' agenda to attack and prevent the government and American people to remove their power to limit polluting to increase their profits. Period, agenda, corrupt.

And I take offense over being called a traitor just because I believe in proper use of power. Because its not been granted by Congress for these agencies to do what they want.

Are you being dishonest or unable to read? I said I am not calling you a traitor because I think you have been conned and are simply supporting the propaganda and policies of traitors not understanding that you are. THIS IS A GIMMICK TO CRIPPLE THE GOVERNMENT, NOT A LEGITIMATE LEGAL THEORY. Learn of I'm not wasting time. Google yourself or watch the videos I posted or read a book.

I'm going to say this once (more), and then if you continue to spout right-wing ignorant propaganda will question seeing more of your posts. Polluters have spent billions to groom and place these right-wing activists who are not there to be honest judges, but to install the polluters' agenda to attack and prevent the government and American people to remove their power to limit polluting to increase their profits. Period, agenda, corrupt.

I've already read your wild consperiousy theories on this subject. All we are missing are space aliens. But I'm sure they will come into the picture with your next post.

Wait! The space aliens are really the polluters putting these judges into power to terraform the planet before the invasion!

Must of got your proof from watching the movie "The Arrival" (1996)

I am certainly find the ruling of the Supreme Court far more believable, I'm sorry.

Are you being dishonest or unable to read? I said I am not calling you a traitor because I think you have been conned and are simply supporting the propaganda and policies of traitors not understanding that you are. THIS IS A GIMMICK TO CRIPPLE THE GOVERNMENT, NOT A LEGITIMATE LEGAL THEORY. Learn of I'm not wasting time. Google yourself or watch the videos I posted or read a book.

Calling someone a traitor based on a rational opinion is disrespectful at least, slanderous at most.

Kinda entering unhinged land there... holy hells

Kinda entering unhinged land there... holy hells
Conspiracy theories, in the '9/11 sceptic' or 'chemtrails' sense, have a few fairly obvious general characteristics:

A > That the public in general is in some way deceived
B > They necessarily require that large numbers of people who should be expected to reveal the truth to the public are instead colluding, or inexplicably and inexcusably ignorant of the truth
C > The motives attributed behind the deception are vague, obscure, implausible or (at best) in conflict with far more obvious and powerful motivators
D > And above all, they make up for serious lack of evidence and any contrary evidence by appealing to collusion and cover-up

As to A, deregulation and 'cutting red tape' has always been an open right-wing/conservative agenda in line with the interests of many if not most billionaires and mega corporations. As to B, the likelihood of these Republican-appointed judges pursuing that agenda has been pretty widely reported, as have their ties to the right-wing Federalist Society. As to C, since the only deception in play here is the pretense that the judges are 'just interpreting the Constitution' rather than pursuing an agenda, the motive for that deception is not at all implausible. And as to D, there's obviously pretty solid evidence for this 'coincidental' alignment between billionaire interests, the ideologies, think tanks and political machines they fund, and the rulings of the judges those political machines funnel through.

What in all of that is 'unhinged' or 'conspiracy theory' (@Linuxcooldude )? It's exactly what we would expect to see simply by analysing the social, political and economic systems in play; it's exactly what the right-wing tells us they aim to accomplish; and by remarkable 'coincidence,' it just happens to be what the judges they appoint seem to be doing.

Conspiracy theories, in the '9/11 sceptic' or 'chemtrails' sense, have a few fairly obvious general characteristics:

A > That the public in general is in some way deceived
B > They necessarily require that large numbers of people who should be expected to reveal the truth to the public are instead colluding, or inexplicably and inexcusably ignorant of the truth
C > The motives attributed behind the deception are vague, obscure, implausible or (at best) in conflict with far more obvious and powerful motivators
D > And above all, they make up for serious lack of evidence and any contrary evidence by appealing to collusion and cover-up

As to A, deregulation and 'cutting red tape' has always been an open right-wing/conservative agenda in line with the interests of many if not most billionaires and mega corporations. As to B, the likelihood of these Republican-appointed judges pursuing that agenda has been pretty widely reported, as have their ties to the right-wing Federalist Society. As to C, since the only deception in play here is the pretense that the judges are 'just interpreting the Constitution' rather than pursuing an agenda, the motive for that deception is not at all implausible. And as to D, there's obviously pretty solid evidence for this 'coincidental' alignment between billionaire interests, the ideologies, think tanks and political machines they fund, and the rulings of the judges those political machines funnel through.

What in all of that is 'unhinged' or 'conspiracy theory' (@Linuxcooldude )? It's exactly what we would expect to see simply by analysing the social, political and economic systems in play; it's exactly what the right-wing tells us they aim to accomplish; and by remarkable 'coincidence,' it just happens to be what the judges they appoint seem to be doing.
Holy shit this thread needs to be in the CT tinfoilhattery section.

What are harmful profits? I thought profits were good. Why else would anyone start a company?
The problem is the colluding on prices between the last few big corporations. The lack of true competition in the market place, which makes our economic system good for both the companies and the people who buy their products, is missing. So you get price gauging and the over the top profits we now see in our country. People think that monopolies are just one huge company, but it can be multiple companies who collude, something that is hard enough to prove, without politico's getting in the way to insure their campaign funds.

What are harmful profits? I thought profits were good. Why else would anyone start a company?

With respect:

Are you honestly this incapable? Profits that are derived from harmful actions are "harmful profits."

And when you are supposedly replying to something said, please directly quote it. Where did "harmful profits" come from?

Back
Top Bottom