• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most (non-serious) Shocking Moment?

Southern Belle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Have you had any scary/shocking moments? I'm not really talking about serious ones, like horrible accidents or hospital visits, more like random moments that scared your socks off.

I had one a few weeks ago, and I'll never forget that... I have a HORRIBLE fear of cannibals and generally seeing people coocked to death. I can't watch it or listen to it or I get nausious on the spot. (and that's about the only thing that scares me enough to make me sick. If you have the same fear as I do, be careful during Final Destination 3...)

Anyway, yes, I was up at dawn, just listening to tv and on the computer, and I tuned out Malcolm in the Middle and was reading forums, and I tuned it back in, and guess what I heard? Hannibal Lector telling someone he was about to get a warm bath!!! I was seriously nausious for 5 hours straight after that! I turned it off immediately, but it was too late. I didn't hurl or anything but I seriously thought I would! I've never watched anything Hannibal, and now I know I never will.

I guess it was intense because it wasn't quite daylight yet, but for some reason just hearing that and seeing him holding onto someone was enough.

Anything shocking happen to you?

Last edited:
I had one a few weeks ago, and I'll never forget that... I have a HORRIBLE fear of cannibals and generally seeing people coocked to death. I can't watch it or listen to it or I get nausious on the spot. (and that's about the only thing that scares me enough to make me sick. If you have the same fear as I do, be careful during Final Destination 3...)

I had chicken pox when I was 14. It was an extremely severe case, and my fever went up to 105 degrees during the worst of it.
For several days, I was hallucinating with fever.
Shortly before this I had become intrigued by the story of the Donner Party, and had been reading some books about it.
Well, while I was sick and hallucinating, I thought the Donner Party (or at least some of them; four or five people) were in the corner of my room, hunched around a campfire, eating human flesh. I could smell the smoke from their fire, and I could hear them chewing.
Frankly, it was most distressing.
I kept trying to tell my caregivers, but they couldn't really understand what I was babbling about, and later, after my fever went down and I was coherent again, I didn't see the point of telling anybody.

I wouldn't exactly call that a shocking moment (mostly because it wasn't a "moment"; it went on intermittently for two days), but your reference to cannibals reminded me of it.

I pee'd on an electric fence once.

I had chicken pox when I was 14. It was an extremely severe case, and my fever went up to 105 degrees during the worst of it.
For several days, I was hallucinating with fever.
Shortly before this I had become intrigued by the story of the Donner Party, and had been reading some books about it.
Well, while I was sick and hallucinating, I thought the Donner Party (or at least some of them; four or five people) were in the corner of my room, hunched around a campfire, eating human flesh. I could smell the smoke from their fire, and I could hear them chewing.
Frankly, it was most distressing.
I kept trying to tell my caregivers, but they couldn't really understand what I was babbling about, and later, after my fever went down and I was coherent again, I didn't see the point of telling anybody.

I wouldn't exactly call that a shocking moment (mostly because it wasn't a "moment"; it went on intermittently for two days), but your reference to cannibals reminded me of it.

Oh man, I'm sorry you got that sick. :( I don't know anything about the Donner Party (which is probably a very good thing I don't, heh)

But I've hallucinated once, and that was last year when I was in the hospital for my kidney. They gave me Morphine, which was weird that it made me hallucinate because I've had it a bunch during all my hospital visits. Anyway, yeah, I started to hear pretty dance music and everything turned orange and a bunch of caution signs that looked like :attn2: started spinning and dancing around in front of me. I was in a wheelchair waiting for an xray.

Yeah that was strange...o_O

Last edited:
Seriously?
Most famous American cannibals ever.

Donner Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Settlers heading west, snow-bound in the Rockies.
They ate their dead... and possibly some of their not-quite-dead. :shrug:

Ugh...:shiver: Yeah, I mean I heard of them of course, and knew they were cannibals, just like I know who Hannibal is, I just have no desire to actually read about them. Hannibal is fake and I couldn't take his movie, I dunno what would happen if I studied the real thing...X_x (and no, I'm not clicking, lol No way!)

Last edited:
Ugh...:shiver: Yeah, I mean I heard of them of course, and knew they were cannibals, just like I know who Hannibal is, I just have no desire to actually read about them. Hannibal is fake and I couldn't take his movie, I dunno what would happen if I studied the real thing...X_x (and no, I'm not clicking, lol No way!)

I highly suggest you never watch Alive and The Road.

Never ever.

I highly suggest you never watch Alive and The Road.

Never ever.

I actually did watch some cheap movie on Scifi once with this giant truck chasing these college people or something and they excaped into the forest and found some cannibals... I just was flipping through and had no idea what the movie was about or what it was called. Could that have been the Road?

Anyway, everyone can just post any scary moments you can think of.

Last edited:
I actually did watch some cheap movie on Scifi once with this giant truck chasing these college people or something and they excaped into the forest and found some cannibals... I just was flipping through and had no idea what the movie was about or what it was called. Could that have been the Road?

Anyway, everyone can just post any scary moments you can think of.

No, not the same movie. The Road is a dark movie which focusses on a father and son trying to survive post apocalyptic times. Food is scarce and some survivors turned to cannibalism.

It's not very often that I'm startled enough to actually scream, but it happened to me a few week ago. In my spare bedroom closet, I have my "skinny clothes" hanging up that I'm trying to get back into. Among these clothes are some dresses, one which has long, flowing sleeves. And it's black. Well, that closet door sticks a bit and it's kind of hard to open. So when you do finally get it open, it's usually with such a hard pull it causes a gust of air. Also good to note is that my spare room has no light source other than the window that I have mostly covered. So it's a tad dark and shadowy in there.

Anywho, I go to open this closet door and due to the rush of air when I finally pull the door open, it causes the long, flowing, dark sleeve of my dress to move kind of outward. It looked like an arm reaching out to me from a dark closet, in a dark room. I yelped, jumped backwards, tripped over my cat's food dish, and kind of fell against the bed... my heart racing about 200 beats a minute.

First figurative, then literal.

Okay, when I was probably six years old, my dad was playing hide-n-go-seek with my sisters, then 7 yrs and 18 mos old. We put baby in the laundry hamper (as we always did, then dad could find her immediately and spring her), Senja hid downstairs (townhouse) and I hid on a chair in my folks' closet. Mom was making dinner.

She called that it was time to eat. I stayed on the chair because I wanted to win. I waited a few minutes, she yelled again. I jumped off the chair, secure in my success - and a hand shot out from under the bed, grabbed my ankle and growled at me.

I screamed and burst into tears (and soiled myself). My mom reamed my dad a new one. Because of all the kids he picked to do that to? I was the one with a vivid imagination, and night terrors.

Dumb ****.

So then, fast forward about 25 years. I was living with my folks so they could help me raise my daughter (yeah, hindsight is a wonderful thing). Anyway, my mom is mentally ill; undiagnosed and untreated. She was horribly verbally abusive, and I was her scapegoat. I considered suicide many times. I'm telling you all this because otherwise what happened makes no sense.

I was under a great deal of stress. Anyway, so I was lying in bed reading, and the light was flickering through the leaves on the trees. I was in a sort of waking dream state, and I somehow thought that my bed springs had become able to channel electricity, because I was clearly being electrocuted. Every muscle in my body locked up, tied in a knot, including my jaw. I couldn't call out, I couldn't even pray. And Lord knows I was trying, because I was sure I was dying. And I couldn't get my brain to process the words.

The seizure stopped, then started again. And then it was over. The next time it happened, I fell asleep reading during a lightning storm. That time my mind processed it as the bed having been struck by lightning, and I went through it all again.

I described what transpired to an epileptic. He said I gave an exact account of what a seizure feels like. That was about 25 years ago, and it hasn't happened since.

I was doing deliveries for the business I worked for, ran through several counties.
I couldn't smoke in the car so I would stop off at a couple of places to burn one.

On the last leg of my run, I stop off at a rest stop.
There happened to be another man there, he had thinning blondish hair, long in the back in a pony tail.
Kinda sleazy looking but I try to be polite to most people.

We start chatting, he starts to talk about how tired he is and that he has a hotel room close by.
That's when I :shock:.

So I try to wrap it up real quick and go to the bathroom before I leave, he follows me. :shock:

While I'm in the bathroom he looks like he's trying to seek a peek at me.
So I make short work of it, wash my hands, where this guy is looking entirely disappointed because I'm leaving and I zip on out.

Seriously the 2nd biggest WTF moment, I've had in my life.

When I was about seven, I tried to see myself in the mirror in a completely dark room. I had my face about 6 inches from the mirror with my eyes wide open trying to see anything at all. Apparently my eyes eventually adjusted to what must have been a tiny bit of light in the room. What I saw made me afraid of mirrors in the dark for many years. Later as an adult, I mustered up the nerve to try it again, figuring that I was past my age of fears. It really is quite spooky to suddenly see a face right in front of you with wide open eyes, distorted by the very low light level (It happens in what you would think of as pitch dark). Try it sometime.

Even though I understand why this happens, I have quit doing this for my own sanity.

I was doing deliveries for the business I worked for, ran through several counties.
I couldn't smoke in the car so I would stop off at a couple of places to burn one.

On the last leg of my run, I stop off at a rest stop.
There happened to be another man there, he had thinning blondish hair, long in the back in a pony tail.
Kinda sleazy looking but I try to be polite to most people.

We start chatting, he starts to talk about how tired he is and that he has a hotel room close by.
That's when I :shock:.

So I try to wrap it up real quick and go to the bathroom before I leave, he follows me. :shock:

While I'm in the bathroom he looks like he's trying to seek a peek at me.
So I make short work of it, wash my hands, where this guy is looking entirely disappointed because I'm leaving and I zip on out.

Seriously the 2nd biggest WTF moment, I've had in my life.

Now you know how women feel.
We get treated like that a lot.
And it makes you wonder, "WTF is there about me that would make that repulsive toad think he'd have a chance? What's wrong with me? What did he see?"
But then you realize no, it's not you. They try it on everyone who passes by. :shrug:

Now you know how women feel.
We get treated like that a lot.
And it makes you wonder, "WTF is there about me that would make that repulsive toad think he'd have a chance? What's wrong with me? What did he see?"
But then you realize no, it's not you. They try it on everyone who passes by. :shrug:

To be honest, if the guy had been mildly attractive and didn't follow me to the bathroom, I would of been flattered.

The creepy/shocking part was him trying to get a look at my wiener.

To be honest, if the guy had been mildly attractive and didn't follow me to the bathroom, I would of been flattered.

The creepy/shocking part was him trying to get a look at my wiener.

Yeah, that's what I mean. The aggression some losers bring to propositioning others can be pretty intimidating. The lack of boundaries.

One time during my daily scavenging in the streets' trash cans I found a nice piece of a half-eaten sausage and took a bite and then I've felt an unfamiliar taste in my mouth and when I looked again at the sausage I thought for a second that I'm seeing a cockroach but it was just a beetle so I kept eating seriously what.

Been there too.
Luckily I got away untouched.

I was about 15 and have never been particularly muscular.
I was waiting for my friend to sneek over to the local park and this dude came walking up.

He asked if he could give me head.:shock:
I said, "No that's alright."
Then he asked if I wanted to watch him play with himself.
Again, "No that's ok."

Then he started walking off and as he did, he pulled his junk out and started playing with himself.:shock::2sick1:

I never ran so fast in my life.

I was about 15 and have never been particularly muscular.
I was waiting for my friend to sneek over to the local park and this dude came walking up.

He asked if he could give me head.:shock:
I said, "No that's alright."
Then he asked if I wanted to watch him play with himself.
Again, "No that's ok."

Then he started walking off and as he did, he pulled his junk out and started playing with himself.:shock::2sick1:

I never ran so fast in my life.

Have you read Angela's Ashes?
It's Frank McCourt's excellent memoir; he has a funny anecdote that reminds me of that.

My most literally shocking moment was last month when I almost got struck by lightning. I was in town with two friends when the heavens opened up, and my area's once a year, massive storm hit. We ran into an old parking garage that was scheduled to be torn down where the power had been shut off. I knew this, because we were in their earlier and my friend opened an alarmed door without it going off. A few seconds after we went in, a massive bang went off like an explosion, and a brilliant purple flash surrounded us on all sides. The disconnected alarm turned on, and we gtfo'd. About halfway out, I realized what happened, and I didn't know if we were really lucky or really unlucky.

Meanwhile, my other friends were about block away. When one said, "I think we'll get struck out here."

The other snapped, "Don't be a ***** it's fine," literally less than a second before they saw a massive bolt of lightning strike our parking garage.

My sister and I were leaving a club one night (this was years ago) and saw a guy sitting in his car with the dome light on. He looked like he was hurt because of the position of his body. So thinking we'd be helpful, we ran over to his car only to discover he wasn't in pain.. he was burping the nephew to a rather tattered old Hustler magazine. The act itself isn't shocking, but the fact that he'd turned on the dome light to what... draw attention to the fact that he just couldn't wait to get home for a little Mary Palmer and her five friends action... or was it because his night vision just wasn't what it used to be?

People who masturbate in public should be set on fire. That is all.

Back
Top Bottom