• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Most Iraqis oppose U.S troops, poll says

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This latest poll from the Iraqi people is unbelievable, amazing! Amazing in the fact that more than two-thirds of the Iraqi's oppose the presense of American troops. Even more amazing is the fact that half of the Iraqi people say that the invasion was wrong, WRONG, and that is in the face of their alternative... Saddam!

It keeps on getting worse, less then half say Iraq is better off then now then before the invasion and almost half say our troops should leave now or at least after the elections.

Dang, the poll almost mirrors the feelings of most Americans today.

You think George W. Bush gives a crap what the Iraqi's think? Hell no, he doesn't give a damn about what Americans think why should the Iraqi's be any different.

President Bush hates polls, remember?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-12-12-iraq-us-force_x.htm

WASHINGTON (AP) — Most Iraqis disapprove of the presence of U.S. forces in their country, yet they are optimistic about Iraq's future and their own personal lives, according to a new poll.

The poll was conducted by Oxford Research International face-to-face with 1,711 Iraqis age 15 and over from Oct. 8 to Nov. 22. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 2.5 percentage points.

Last edited by a moderator:
KidRocks said:
This latest poll from the Iraqi people is unbelievable, amazing! Amazing in the fact that more than two-thirds of the Iraqi's oppose the presense of American troops. Even more amazing is the fact that half of the Iraqi people say that the invasion was wrong, WRONG, and that is in the face of their alternative... Saddam!

It keeps on getting worse, less then half say Iraq is better off then now then before the invasion and almost half say our troops should leave now or at least after the elections.

Dang, the poll almost mirrors the feelings of most Americans today.

You think George W. Bush gives a crap what the Iraqi's think? Hell no, he doesn't give a damn about what Americans think why should the Iraqi's be any different.

President Bush hates polls, remember?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-12-12-iraq-us-force_x.htm

WASHINGTON (AP) — Most Iraqis disapprove of the presence of U.S. forces in their country, yet they are optimistic about Iraq's future and their own personal lives, according to a new poll.

The poll was conducted by Oxford Research International face-to-face with 1,711 Iraqis age 15 and over from Oct. 8 to Nov. 22. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 2.5 percentage points.
This is why people don't understand, or appreciate polls. " yet they are optimistic about Iraq's future and their own personal lives, according to a new poll." This is the first thing mentioned, yet they go on to be so negative about everything else. Why would they be so optimistic about the future, yet think the invasion was wrong? I think the large number do think the invasion was the right thing, they are just scared, and angry right now, and with all that has gone, I can't argue with them. There is also some very good things in this poll, and that is cause to feel good about the mission, so I wouldn't hitch my wagon to this thing yet Kid.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[MOD MODE]

Per Forum Rules, please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest.

8. Copyrighted Material - All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work.
Please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest. Best bet is to always reference the original source.
Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html
[/MOD MODE]

Simon W. Moon said:
[MOD MODE]

Per Forum Rules, please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest.

8. Copyrighted Material - All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work.
Please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest. Best bet is to always reference the original source.
Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html
[/MOD MODE]

Sorry, will do as such from this point on. :agree

Thanks.

Deegan said:
This is why people don't understand, or appreciate polls. " yet they are optimistic about Iraq's future and their own personal lives, according to a new poll." This is the first thing mentioned, yet they go on to be so negative about everything else. Why would they be so optimistic about the future, yet think the invasion was wrong? I think the large number do think the invasion was the right thing, they are just scared, and angry right now, and with all that has gone, I can't argue with them. There is also some very good things in this poll, and that is cause to feel good about the mission, so I wouldn't hitch my wagon to this thing yet Kid.;)

Its a pretty good bet that George W. Bush will be protrayed as a hero in Iraqi textbooks.

M14 Shooter said:
Its a pretty good bet that George W. Bush will be protrayed as a hero in Iraqi textbooks.
What would you like to bet, what's the time frame, are they US printed textbooks, and what constitutes "as a hero"?

Deegan said:

I think the Iraqi's are so optimistic about their future is because Saddam is gone and so soon will the Americans be too.

Pay particular attention to the fact that the Iraqi's have great confidence in their armed forces. "Two-thirds express confidence in the Iraqi army and in police".

That is why they are so positive and not because of anything President Bush did.

Face it, Iraqi's are like most of the people's in the Middle East, they just don't like Bush, never did, never will!

Simon W. Moon said:
What would you like to bet, what's the time frame, are they US printed textbooks, and what constitutes "as a hero"?

$100
25 years
No
In terms of "our liberation from the brutal, murderous dictatorship of Saddam Hussein was because of the couragous efforts of Geroge W Bush" - or someusch.

Want that action, or no?

KidRocks said:
I think the Iraqi's are so optimistic about their future is because Saddam is gone and so soon will the Americans be too.

Pay particular attention to the fact that the Iraqi's have great confidence in their armed forces. "Two-thirds express confidence in the Iraqi army and in police".

That is why they are so positive and not because of anything President Bush did.

Face it, Iraqi's are like most of the people's in the Middle East, they just don't like Bush, never did, never will!

Last I heard, they only have 750 troops able to act alone, I would not be so optimistic about that security. They are indeed depending on our troops at this time, even if they don't want to admit that, that is the situation on the ground.

KidRocks said:

Um...
Bush removed Saddam
Bush will remove the American troops
Bush has trained and equipped the Iraqi army
Bush has trained and equipped the Iraqi police

And nothing Bush did brought their positive outlook?

:rofl

M14 Shooter said:
$100
25 years
No
In terms of "our liberation from the brutal, murderous dictatorship of Saddam Hussein was because of the couragous efforts of Geroge W Bush" - or someusch.

Want that action, or no?

$100?

Make it $100,000 and your on.

M14 Shooter said:
$100
25 years
No

Want that action, or no?
$100 is too rich for me. I'd rather wager something that's free,like an absence from DP or some such.
Further, 25 years is a little too long for me.

Simon W. Moon said:
$100 is too rich for me. I'd rather wager something that's free,like an absence from DP or some such.
Further, 25 years is a little too long for me.

Thats how long it will take for history to fully digest the events of the last 4 years (and the next few).

Anyone else?

M14 Shooter said:
Um...
Bush removed Saddam

And nothing Bush did brought their positive outlook?

:rofl

Of course, but that is your way of thinking, not theirs. Remember that!

Also, the Republicans like to consistantly point out the fact that Kerry, Clinton and the rest of the Demo gang voted to back up and authorize President Bush to do what was neccessary, to use force if necessary.

So, in essence...

Kerry/Clinton...

removed Saddam

Kerry/Clinton will remove the American troops
Kerry/Clinton has trained and equipped the Iraqi army
Kerry/Clinton has trained and equipped the Iraqi police

Please, give credit where credit is due, President Bush & Co has.

KidRocks said:
Also, the Republicans like to consistantly point out the fact that Kerry, Clinton and the rest of the Demo gang voted to back up and authorize President Bush to do what was neccessary, to use force if necessary.

Please, give credit where credit is due, President Bush & Co has.

I wondered how long it would take before the liberals started tying to take credit for the successes in Iraq - the war that they voted for before they voted against before the voted for after they voted against.

Last edited:
M14 Shooter said:
I wondered how long it would take before the liberals started tying to take credit for the successes in Iraq - the war that they voted for before they voted against before the voted for after they voted against.

About as long as it will take for you extremists to try and share the blame with Kerry & Co for the failure that Iraq is and will be.

Many r-wingers have already started that campaign, Rush has for sure, I heard him blame the Democrats for authorizing Bush to use force on Iraq.

Can you believe that?

KidRocks said:
About as long as it will take for you extremists to try and share the blame with Kerry & Co for the failure that Iraq is and will be.
Nice try, sport.
You made the argument that the Democrats are as responsible for the success in Iraq as Bush is.
This also means you are arguing that they are responsible for the failure.

Its your call - are the Democrats responsible, or not?

M14 Shooter said:
Nice try, sport.
You made the argument that the Democrats are as responsible for the success in Iraq as Bush is.
This also means you are arguing that they are responsible for the failure.

Its your call - are the Democrats responsible, or not?

Your ilk are going to blame the Democrats for Iraq, just you watch, mark my words if you will.

And yes, I have to blame the idiots like Kerry/Clinton for swallowing the crap and lies that Bush/Rove/Cheney/Rumsfeld put out to support attacking Iraq.

KidRocks said:
Your ilk are going to blame the Democrats for Iraq, just you watch, mark my words if you will.

And yes, I have to blame the idiots like Kerry/Clinton for swallowing the crap and lies that Bush/Rove/Cheney/Rumsfeld put out to support attacking Iraq.

I'm not surprised that you avoided the question. Typical.

Tell me:
How many people died in 1998 when Bill Clinton lied about the threat poased by Iraqi WMDs and WMD programs and went to war?

M14 Shooter said:
I'm not surprised that you avoided the question. Typical.

Tell me:
How many people died in 1998 when Bill Clinton lied about the threat poased by Iraqi WMDs and WMD programs and went to war?

You want blunt? To answer your question... Hell no! Kerry/Clinton are not responsible for Iraq, President Bush is and he alone only.

Kerry and Clinton were not our Commander in Chief, Bush was, Kerry and Clinton did not order the attack on Iraq... PRESIDENT BUSH DID!

Comprehend?

KidRocks said:
You want blunt? To answer your question... Hell no! Kerry/Clinton are not responsible for Iraq, President Bush is and he alone only.
So then...

Bush is responsible for all the things you said the Iraqis were happy about-
Bush removed Saddam
Bush will remove the American troops
Bush has trained and equipped the Iraqi army
Bush has trained and equipped the Iraqi police

Bush had nothing to do with it?

Kerry and Clinton were not our Commander in Chief, Bush was, Kerry and Clinton did not order the attack on Iraq... PRESIDENT BUSH DID!
So, what will you say when they try to take credit for the success?

Tell me:
How many people died in 1998 when Bill Clinton lied about the threat posed by Iraqi WMDs and WMD programs and went to war?

Last edited:
M14 Shooter said:

LOL! You mean the ones approved by the military propoganda censors?

Iriemon said:
LOL! You mean the ones approved by the military propoganda censors?

You've seen the terms of the bet.
Are you in for it or not?

Back
Top Bottom