• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Most important issue we face in America

What is the most important issue in America?

• Balancing the budget

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Reducing the size/power of the Federal gov't

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Withdrawling from Iraq

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Winning the war in Iraq

• Health care reform

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Poverty

• Improving UN/International relations (aside from Iraq)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Energy reform/finding alternate fuels.

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Global warming/complying with Kyoto.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Other

• Preserving traditional family values

• War on Terror

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
T

The Real McCoy

In the greater scheme of things, what are everyone's opinions on the most pertinent issue our country presently faces? All thoughts are welcomed and encouraged.

Probably should have included "Preserving traditional family values" and the "War on Terror"... oh well, there's always the "Other" option.

I voted for these:

Balancing the budget
Reducing the size/power of the Federal gov't
Withdrawing from Iraq
Energy reform/finding alternate fuels.

I would also add to that list ending the war on drugs, and encouraging scientific ethics to minimize the possibility that we'll destroy the world in the next couple decades.

The 10 option limit is too small for a poll of this nature.

I voted:
Balancing the Budget
Improving International Relations
Finding (cost effective) Alternative Fuels
Other

Other being the reduction / elimination of the national debt because I don't want to be screwed 40-50 years down the road.

Take care of the energy problem and a lot of that other stuff will take care of itself as well.

In America?

Upon our own soil?

Bias; Nepotism; Cronyism; Greed; Covenance; Corruption; politics.

How about Integrity; Loyalty; Unification; Fellowship; Common Interest.

Do as we say, not as we do. That has become our national insignia, save the subjective cognition of the masses.

The constitution. Has anybody ever heard of it?

The Real McCoy said:
In the greater scheme of things, what are everyone's opinions on the most pertinent issue our country presently faces? All thoughts are welcomed and encouraged.

nuclear holocaust and the annihilation of the human race.

you now have nuclear capable countries (Iran-Pakistan-Israel-India-China) that hate eachother alot more and who are alot less stable than were the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. during the Cold War.

Last edited:
The Real McCoy said:
Probably should have included "Preserving traditional family values" and the "War on Terror"... oh well, there's always the "Other" option.

Choices added.

Will Nick and Jessica break up?

Billo_Really said:
Will Nick and Jessica break up?

I heard they did a few days ago...maybe I'm just behind in my US weekly...

Originally posted by RightatNYU:
I heard they did a few days ago...maybe I'm just behind in my US weekly...
That makes it official. The world has ended. We can all go home.

I voted for the war on terror....All those other things don't mean squat if e can't win it..........

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
I voted for the war on terror....All those other things don't mean squat if e can't win it..........
And when will that happen? How do we know when its over?

Billo_Really said:
And when will that happen? How do we know when its over?

No one knows that answer for sure but maybe it will be over when terrorist attacks are at the level they were 40 or 50 years ago.......

Navy Pride said:

Right. If we don't win, the Iraqis will reconsitute their navy and come over and invade us, based upon the fact that we have weapons of mass detruction and have invaded countries, and to install a proper form government. When they do, some good Americans will cooperate with them and assist them, while many bad "terrorists" Americans will oppose them.

Navy Pride said:
No one knows that answer for sure but maybe it will be over when terrorist attacks are at the level they were 40 or 50 years ago.......

40 or 50 years ago, terrorists were attacking all the time, against the occupying, err, liberating nations of Europe who were trying to show them a better form of government.

Iriemon said:
Right. If we don't win, the Iraqis will reconsitute their navy and come over and invade us, based upon the fact that we have weapons of mass detruction and have invaded countries, and to install a proper form government. When they do, some good Americans will cooperate with them and assist them, while many bad "terrorists" Americans will oppose them.

As usual you have no clue...........If we don't win in Iraq it will become a terrorist stonghold to launch many more terrorist attacks........I don't think we have formed the government....I think the Iraqi people have done that but I do no that spin on the issue is a liberal talking point that does not hold water.........

Navy Pride said:
As usual you have no clue...........If we don't win in Iraq it will become a terrorist stonghold to launch many more terrorist attacks........I don't think we have formed the government....I think the Iraqi people have done that but I do no that spin on the issue is a liberal talking point that does not hold water.........

So when they invade us, are you going to cooperate with the invaders or be a terrorist?

Iriemon said:
40 or 50 years ago, terrorists were attacking all the time, against the occupying, err, liberating nations of Europe who were trying to show them a better form of government.

Are you calling the U.S. invasion in Europe in WW2 a terrorist attack? After all the Germans never attacked us..........Never mind I already know what your going to say......:roll:

Navy Pride said:
As usual you have no clue...........If we don't win in Iraq it will become a terrorist stonghold to launch many more terrorist attacks.

You supported the invasion and it's YOUR FAULT (and your political counterparts) that Iraq has the potential for becoming a terrorist stronghold in the first place. You're like a CEO who bankrupts his company, then claims the board shouldn't fire him while the company is in such a desparate financial crisis.

Navy Pride said:
I don't think we have formed the government....I think the Iraqi people have done that but I do no that spin on the issue is a liberal talking point that does not hold water.........

Even if the democratic government continues to gain support in Iraq, it is nothing more than an article of faith that this will somehow magically end the insurgency.

Navy Pride said:
Are you calling the U.S. invasion in Europe in WW2 a terrorist attack? After all the Germans never attacked us..........Never mind I already know what your going to say......:roll:

Actually I was referring to post WWII colonial independence wars against Britain France Belgium and other colonial powers. They were getting terrorist attacks all the time.

The Germans never attacked us?

Iriemon said:
So when they invade us, are you going to cooperate with the invaders or be a terrorist?

They don't have to invade us.....Have you ever heard of the WTC bombings and the attacks on 9/11/01.............Well the next time if we don't win this war instead of 3,000 dead it could be 3,000,000........I wonder if you liberals would still poo poo the war on terror then........

Navy Pride said:
They don't have to invade us.....Have you ever heard of the WTC bombings and the attacks on 9/11/01.............Well the next time if we don't win this war instead of 3,000 dead it could be 3,000,000........I wonder if you liberals would still poo poo the war on terror then........

There you go again ... those attacks weren't Iraq

Back
Top Bottom