• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most Glaring Absence in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Most glaring absence from Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

• Total voters

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
What do you think is the most obvious absence?

All of those actually. I would also add the Pixies, The Smiths, The Cure, Gram Parsons, Rage Against The Machine, Warren Zevon, and Iron Maiden.

There are so many more.

Harry Nilsson! FFS, the guy was a hit machine, and he had a beautiful voice!

Warren Zevon...come on, good old LA rock and roll!

Sun Ra, the most original funk ever.

The Mothers of Invention. Frank Zappa is in the HOF (nice of them to wait till after he died), but the band deserves to be there.

And, Captain Beefheart, yeah, its a bit odd, but once you get it....

Ted Nugent. Of course we all know why he's not there.

Because he sucks, and he is a crappy guitarist who was a draft dodger and he slept with jail bait?

Of the ones you listed I figure all are deserving but the Doobies and ELP are glaring omissions.

Other's I think are plenty deserving:

Motorhead
Hollies
Spencer Davis
The Zombies
Blue Oyster Cult

Harry Nilsson! FFS, the guy was a hit machine, and he had a beautiful voice!

Warren Zevon...come on, good old LA rock and roll!

Sun Ra, the most original funk ever.

The Mothers of Invention. Frank Zappa is in the HOF (nice of them to wait till after he died), but the band deserves to be there.

And, Captain Beefheart, yeah, its a bit odd, but once you get it....

Sun Ra was a little weird. By "weird" I mean "damned near made George Clinton seem normal".

All of those actually. I would also add the Pixies, The Smiths, The Cure, Gram Parsons, Rage Against The Machine, Warren Zevon, and Iron Maiden.

There are so many more.

Gram Parsons...oh hell yes.

Sun Ra was a little weird. By "weird" I mean "damned near made George Clinton seem normal".

Yeah, but weird is good....music is so damned bland today and so tested and controlled and boring.

Sun Ra was never boring!

Rush

Or are they in?

There are so many more.

The Pixies and Gram Parsons for sure. If Beefheart can have Harry Nilsson I guess Warren Zevon should be there too. Iron Maiden, however...they just need a different hall for hair bands and glitter metal.

No ****.

P.S. The NPR Music Tiny Desk Concerts are awesome.

There are so many more.

warren zevon for sure

Rush

Or are they in?

they were recently inducted. I think many of the ones I mentioned deserve in-Tull-in terms of records sold, concerts held, years in business and influence, is the most glaring absence. hard to figure stuff like Cheap Trick, and NWA or Stevie Nicks being in and Tull is not

I think Frampton belongs on the list.

There also need to be some psychedelic bands such as Fever Tree or Blue Cheer.

One of those things is not like the others. Jethro.

I was overjoyed to see John Prine nominated this year, I had no expectations for him to get in because....Janet Jackson:roll:

But, he did get in to the Songwriter's HOF. He is having an amazing renaissance.

I think Frampton belongs on the list.

There also need to be some psychedelic bands such as Fever Tree or Blue Cheer.

Todd Rungren was nominated, he deserves to be in, quality craft in his music and he grew musically. I hate when a hack who plays the same crap every album (cough...Billy Joel) gets in...

If a group is worthy of admission to the Rock Hall on the strength of a single song it would be Procal Harum and Whiter Shade of Pale. That song comes on the radio and the world has to pause while I listen. The band has probably played the song a thousand times over the last 50 years, but here is the best version I have heard:

Todd Rungren was nominated, he deserves to be in, quality craft in his music and he grew musically. I hate when a hack who plays the same crap every album (cough...Billy Joel) gets in...

John Prine and Devo are on the ballot for this year. I'd definitely vote for Prine even though he's not what I'd consider "rock and roll". Devo was actually a pretty talented band that managed to get overshadowed by their costumes and antics.

Other nominees for this year include Kraftwerk, Janet Jackson, Radiohead, LL Cool J, MC5 and Def Leppard. I mean, I have no idea what the standard is to get into the hall but those groups, while popular in their niches, just never really broke any new ground.

I was overjoyed to see John Prine nominated this year, I had no expectations for him to get in because....Janet Jackson:roll:

But, he did get in to the Songwriter's HOF. He is having an amazing renaissance.

wonderful artist

Back
Top Bottom