• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Most Failed World Leader Of The 20th Century

Most Failed World Leader of All Time

• Kaiser Wilhelm II

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Hitler

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Michael Gorbachev

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Emperor Hirohito

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Kazimierz Sabbat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Nixon

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Jimmy Carter

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Erich Honecker

• Benito Mussolini

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Golda Mayer

• Total voters
Why is carter there, but not bush-be fair man.

I picked hitler. NOT beccause he was a failure. There are many more people on that list (and not on that list) that failed far more than him.

I picked him because if he hadn't succumbed to paranoia and withdrawn from a certain victory over England to rienforce his Russian borders he would have won the war easily. And in that fatal mistake he crumbled apart.

So I don't think he is the most failed world leader but I definately think in that one descision he failed on a magnitude that completely eclipses any of the others.

I can't respond to your poll because you left off your list the single most miserable failure of all time -- George W. Bush.

George W. Bush wasn't President of the U.S. during the 20th Century. He's the first President of the 21st Century. 1901-2000 constitutes the 20th Century, 2001-2100 would be the 21st Century. Some regard 1900-1999 or 1900-2000 as the 20th Century as well.

Oh yeah, I voted for Carter.

flip2 said:
George W. Bush wasn't President of the U.S. during the 20th Century. He's the first President of the 21st Century.

Bingo! And George Bush Senior isn't on the list because he didn't fail, he just did nothing.

Well, he successfully won the Persian Gulf War, signed the ADA, Clean Air and Water Act. Was also one of the most genuine men around.

flip2 said:
George W. Bush wasn't President of the U.S. during the 20th Century. He's the first President of the 21st Century. 1901-2000 constitutes the 20th Century, 2001-2100 would be the 21st Century. Some regard 1900-1999 or 1900-2000 as the 20th Century as well.

Oh yeah, I voted for Carter.

Dubya first took office on Jan. 20, 2000. So part of his first term was in the 20th Century.

flip2 said:
Well, he successfully won the Persian Gulf War, signed the ADA, Clean Air and Water Act. Was also one of the most genuine men around.

No, no he was not. He was an old man with no common sense that could only output english speech that was given to him, like Reagan.

geekgrrl said:
Dubya first took office on Jan. 20, 2000. So part of his first term was in the 20th Century.

Sorry, he didn't take office 'til Jan 2001. The election was Nov 2000.

I would vote for Reagan. He was probably the worst president we have ever had, waging war in the name of capitalism, selling WMDs to Saddam, stopping revolutions in latin America, using central American death squads, etc. Ronald Reagan DEFINITELY needs to be added to the poll.

I want to be your new friend now, I hate Reagan and despise him even more than Gorbachev, he was just an old faurt who was given a script to talk, what an ass, I'm so damn happy that bastard finally died, as for his wife, wow, what an ugly bitch. Anyway, he's an idiot, in terms of failure, he DID kill communism. I hate him for it, but he accomplished his mission you see.

While Hitler certainly makes the list for most despised, I don't know that he is the most failed. I think that honor should be bestowed upon Richard Nixon. There he was, at the pinnacle of anyone's career - 2x POTUS, opening up China, a fine statesman, completely blew it by getting caught up in some petty crap, and resigning one step in front of certain impeachment.

I voted for Carter. This man is more known for things he does now that he is out of office then when he was in. Did he do anything productive during his term?

He lusted in his eyes.

I think geekgirl outta change her log on name. January 20, 2000, HAHA. Too funny. The Iowa Caucus hadn't even begun that year.

I don't see how any one could make a case for any other leader on that list other than Hitler. The guy's paranoid delusional BS lead to the death of millions of people. Six million Jews alone. It's been sixty plus years and many Jewish families are still suffering due to his actions. Plus countless tens of million others in combat. I have no idea what the final numbers are (or where you'd find them), but if you add up the combat loses for all sides it got to be huge. The end result of his actions left Europe in ruins. Reagan? Carter? Give me a break.

I don't care for Jewish losses in the war, compare 6 million to 22 million, I'm Russian, and I'm the only type of people that can overpower your Jewish sentiment, cause Russians lost more, period.

Hitler was the most failed because he couldn't wipe out everyone who wasn't fully German.

Also I'm German and Gypsy, he lead to the death of about 3,500,000 Germans, killed 500,000 Gypsies, and enslaved another half a million, so hitler also killed more people than just russians and jews, and English and Americans who complain about that they won WWII, usually the country with more casualties did more in wars, britain lost 300,000 and america lost 400,000 and those numbers include Japan, and the USSR overran manchuria in about a month which held Japan's military and resource stronghold, so the USSR did a lot more than most american history books say, and the atomic bombs weren't actually that large of explosions

Soviet_Guy said:
I hate Reagan and despise him even more than Gorbachev, he was just an old faurt who was given a script to talk, what an ass, I'm so damn happy that bastard finally died, as for his wife, wow, what an ugly bitch. Anyway, he's an idiot, in terms of failure, he DID kill communism. I hate him for it, but he accomplished his mission you see.

This is how a coward debates. You are a coward. If you don't have a strong enough argument you think harder, you don't pull out some crass insult.

I had gained quite a respect for your opinions until I read this.

Roundhouse! said:
This is how a coward debates. You are a coward. If you don't have a strong enough argument you think harder, you don't pull out some crass insult.

Couldn't you say what you have to say without resorting to name calling. Disagree with the poster all you want but lets not call other people names, thanks.

Roundhouse! said:

I was writing that in blinding rage, he killed my country, C.C.C.P, so I hate him, what a bastard, but my opinion makes perfect sense, he set out to destroy communism and he did it.

Pacridge said:
Couldn't you say what you have to say without resorting to name calling. Disagree with the poster all you want but lets not call other people names, thanks.

You are right, I could have made my point without calling him that. So I apologize.
Though he is here to defend himself while Reagan is not.

Roundhouse! said:
You are right, I could have made my point without calling him that. So I apologize.
Though he is here to defend himself while Reagan is not.

I certainly understand your position and appreciate your understanding.

Back
Top Bottom