• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most Boring USofA Professional Sport To Watch On Television

The most boring sport on TV is:

• Football (NFL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baseball

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Basketball

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Ice Hockey

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Nascar

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Golf

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Tennis (male or female)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Soccer

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • other - please post what is more boring

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
All of them are equally boring to me, I can't watch professional sports and personally find no entertainment value from it.

Its still too long, you could get the same excitment from an 80 game season. Its all about the money.

Ummmm...all pro sports are about the money.

Ortiz is strong no doubt but he is not an all around athelete, im smashing him in a foot race.

He might be a little faster than you think. Also note that not all athletes are fast. For example, you would not expect a power lifter to be fast, but they are still athletes.
The asterisk is not used? Dont they have an * next to the name of the all time homerun hitter? Also worth pointing out that drugs is not rife in every sport.

No, the asterisk is not used(it was in one case, and that had nothing to do with drugs but number of games played), and name one pro sport that has not had issues with drugs.

You can find soccer boring but slow it is not. Its 90 mins long, it acually last's for 90 mins not hours and play is constantly moving. It is the polar opposite from slow especially in comparison to other sports.

It feels like 6 hours to me.

I read a book once about Soccer in the US and why it was so unpopular ( until recently) a lot of it is cultural reasons. Soccer was branded a "hippie" "commie" sport in the 60's and was therefore seen as " un-american". Obviously this has changed a lot over the last decade but the blind hatred for the sport is obviously still strong with middle aged americans. That of course will all change in the next 10 years with Soccer breaking into the top 4 American sports which is inevitable considering the amount of youth playing the game, the improved MLS and the changing demongraphic of the US population.

I do not know any one who considers soccer "hippie" or "commie" and I am very much in my middle aged years. I know alot of people who find it dull however.

Ummmm...all pro sports are about the money.

He might be a little faster than you think. Also note that not all athletes are fast. For example, you would not expect a power lifter to be fast, but they are still athletes.

No, the asterisk is not used(it was in one case, and that had nothing to do with drugs but number of games played), and name one pro sport that has not had issues with drugs.

It feels like 6 hours to me.

I do not know any one who considers soccer "hippie" or "commie" and I am very much in my middle aged years. I know alot of people who find it dull however.

Hes not an all around athelete like a hockey player, soccer player etc which is what im generally looking for.

One sport that hasn't had major issues with drugs umm Soccer, Rugby to name a couple.

Its absoultley considered a "liberal" european game played by hippies in the US. I also remember people being shocked that I liked both football and American football, people would get defensive and try to get me to say that the nfl was better etc. People seemed unwilling to try Soccer which always amused me almsot as if they would be stomping on the flag if they did.
I have no problem with people finding the game boring but its obvious that most of you have given the game a chance because of the reaons you give. People say it often ends 0-0 which is statistically not true, they say its slow but yet the game is constantly moving and the biggest myth is that it is not a phyisical game which anyone who has played/watched the game could tell you is far from true as it can actually be a very dangrous game.

You may actually find it dull and boring but I stand by my point that for most people its a culture issue and they are just simply unwilling to give it a try.

One sport that hasn't had major issues with drugs umm Soccer, Rugby to name a couple.

Hasn't the testing means and rate for Soccer been notorious low for years? I remember reading something like a third of players will never be tested their entire career (I think that was specifically in reference to premiere league players)

Opinion. I consider soccer much more painfully slow.

Seems rather odd to attack something due to being an opinion when the entire point of the thread is to give an opinion ....

Seems rather odd to attack something due to being an opinion when the entire point of the thread is to give an opinion ....

:lol:....
yepp.gif

Honest Doc.
f_whistle.gif
.....I was just letting the obvious sink in.....well, I was. :2razz:

I did not attack his opinion, I attacked what he presented as "facts".

I think NASCAR and golf are equally boring to watch, although they both have their moments. :)

In truth many of those listed are boring to watch on TV, but I just don't get how golf doesn't top the list. Heck watching paint dry is more exciting. And watching it live is only a smidgeon better than watching it on TV.

In truth many of those listed are boring to watch on TV, but I just don't get how golf doesn't top the list. Heck watching paint dry is more exciting. And watching it live is only a smidgeon better than watching it on TV.

I've never seen it live and wouldn't even think of spending the money either. :lol:

Basketball. The games are all fluff until the last five minutes. Not even worth watching. Especially since the league has no rules anymore and the rosters look more like a police mugshot book than an athletic roster.

While similar to baseball, it is a much different game though. In baseball, you can't catch a line shot with your bare hands.

In cricket it's preferable to the alternative, but you can still win the point if your wicket-keeper's alert!

A cricket ball is solid and weighs 5 3/4 ounces.

Last edited:
Now, motorsports are best watched on TV, I reckon. The opposite is the case for sports like football, rugby, tennis.

Yes, I think so too. I would use goggles for football, rugby, and American football in such a case to compensate for the camera close ups.

Basketball. Most of the time you can see the whole game reflected in the last 10 minutes.

What? I'm sorry. That's what makes it awesome. You can basically watch the whole game in 10 minutes + highlights.

Golf and tennis are super boring. Soccer too.

I cant imagine enjoying watching ANY sport that you havent played at some level. I played soccer for 18 years til my knees gave out. I get the passing angles, the defensive play...it can be much more strategic than imagined. I cant stand the bush league writhing on the ground with a fake injury **** which is why I will never watch a game on TV. They ought to red card players for faking injuries. NASCAR can be boring...especially the mile and a half tracks. I dont see how anyone can find Daytona or Dega boring or the short courses. But thats just me. I used to play a lot of tennis so I watched all the major tourneys. Now...Couldnt care less. I dont care for baseball on TV but we love going to games in person. When we visit family we often go to catch a Braves game but I really prefer the minor league games. Its what baseball to me is really all about.

I just like watching sports. Hell...put it on the Ocho...I will watch dodge ball.

I cant imagine enjoying watching ANY sport that you havent played at some level. I played soccer for 18 years til my knees gave out. I get the passing angles, the defensive play...it can be much more strategic than imagined. I cant stand the bush league writhing on the ground with a fake injury **** which is why I will never watch a game on TV. They ought to red card players for faking injuries. NASCAR can be boring...especially the mile and a half tracks. I dont see how anyone can find Daytona or Dega boring or the short courses. But thats just me. I used to play a lot of tennis so I watched all the major tourneys. Now...Couldnt care less. I dont care for baseball on TV but we love going to games in person. When we visit family we often go to catch a Braves game but I really prefer the minor league games. Its what baseball to me is really all about.

I just like watching sports. Hell...put it on the Ocho...I will watch dodge ball.

:2razz:

Baseball. God that sport is so boring.

I've come to appreciate the skill in Golf, and I played Tennis for a little bit so I can appreciate it.

Football and Football are my favorites.

Golf is very cerebral, very deliberate, and very strategic.

It just gets a bad rap because there aren't any huge hits or buzzer-beaters. Also because it caters to "rich snobs".

Baseball by a wide margin. Rarely does anything happen even when something happens it's like nothing happened.
Way too much standing around scratching your balls and waiting waiting waiting for that brief moment when perhaps maybe something exciting will happen like a hitter charging the pitcher.

Golf is very cerebral, very deliberate, and very strategic.

It just gets a bad rap because there aren't any huge hits or buzzer-beaters. Also because it caters to "rich snobs".

Golf is very cerebral....."Say What?" :lol: Is that due to all the Senior citizens out there.

th

Not on the average golf course it aint. :2razz:

Golf is very cerebral....."Say What?" :lol: Is that due to all the Senior citizens out there.

th

Not on the average golf course it aint. :2razz:

There's a lot more to it than "swing and pray" - at least for the pro. You have to know what kind of club to use, distances, loft, and you have to perfect a swing that reduces your chance to hook, slice, or go too high/low.

There's a lot more to it than "swing and pray" - at least for the pro. You have to know what kind of club to use, distances, loft, and you have to perfect a swing that reduces your chance to hook, slice, or go too high/low.

Well, on the other hand you wont see me complaining about some women in some short skirts running around and whacking some little balls. Course I wouldn't call it a sport still. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom