• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most Boring USofA Professional Sport To Watch On Television

The most boring sport on TV is:

• Football (NFL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baseball

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Basketball

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Ice Hockey

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Nascar

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Golf

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Tennis (male or female)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Soccer

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • other - please post what is more boring

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
WWE looks pretty boring.

I find a lot of sports to be boring, but Nascar takes the cake. If I want to sit and watch cars go by, I'll just take a lawn chair out and sit by the freeway. Baseball, Golf, and Soccer are all close seconds.

The most boring sports to watch are often the most fun to play, however. Who would want to watch waterpolo? All I see are splashes and people treading water, but it's terrific to play, I believe. Bowling (10-pin, carpet, petanca and crown green) are all dull to watch but awesome to play.

I would never go to see Nascar or Formula. I barely ever watch on TV.

Why would they bother seeing cars pass by every now and then with a wooosh?

I've been to a Nascar race. I feel no need to do it again.

I would LOVE to go to a Formula 1 race. Especially some place like Monaco.

I would never go to see Nascar or Formula. I barely ever watch on TV.

Why would they bother seeing cars pass by every now and then with a wooosh?

Now, motorsports are best watched on TV, I reckon. The opposite is the case for sports like football, rugby, tennis.

Bowling. Not much is more boring to watch than bowling.

Maybe poker.

It was a toss up for me......with golf, baseball, and nascar. Never watch them. I did take the kids to the Cubs and White Sox Games when they played each other, when they were young around 9-12. Course some of these new so called sports in the Olympics.....one wonders if we lost our damn minds classifying them as such.

Golf should be classified as a Hobby. :golf People in the future are really going to get a chuckle out of that one. Bunch of guys walking and riding around on little carts putting their lil balls in some holes. :lol:

I love reading Americans commentary on Soccer because its always factually wrong and always comes across as a little jealous because the world embraced it and you didn't, still though that is changing fast as its a huge game now in the US.

Most boring sport to watch in the US from my experience is def baseball for several reasons.

1. Its stupidly long season which makes the first 80 games almost pointless.
2. A good amount of the players are un athletic and out of shape.
3. The crazy amount of drugs in the game. Any sport that has to put a * next to a name because of substance abuse should be banned.
4. The games themselves can last hours and it is on nearly every day of the week
5. Its soooooooooooo slow.
6. They wear big mitts to watch the ball, man up.

Hockey was a close second for me because its great to watch live but it can be hard to follow on TV as that puck is might small and very fast.

The irony of complaining about people getting things factually wrong, then making a list of things which in fact turn out to be factually wrong is hilarious.

The irony of complaining about people getting things factually wrong, then making a list of things which in fact turn out to be factually wrong is hilarious.

sorry what did I say that is factually wrong?

1. Its a very long season ( over 160 games)
2. Certain players are out of shape they tend to be the big hitters. You wont see David Ortiz steal 2nd base.
3. There is a huge doping problem in baseball which again came to light this year.
4. The games can last hours.
5. It is a slow moving game similar to cricket.
6. They do wear mitts.

Please correct me if I have said anything factually wrong there.....:roll:

2. Certain players are out of shape they tend to be the big hitters. You wont see David Ortiz steal 2nd base.
3. There is a huge doping problem in baseball which again came to light this year.
6. They do wear mitts.

The games do last about 3 hours average, which is the same as football.

David Ortiz, while a big guy, I'm not sure he's out of shape though.

They wear mitts, but jesus you aren't going to catch a batted baseball with your bare hands.

I realize baseball isn't for everyone, but I love the game, the strategy. There is a group of Indian immigrants who run a small cricket league local to me. I don't know the first thing about cricket, but I might stop by and play with them sometime. I might enjoy it.

Even more Ironic is catching a liberal complaining over anothers Opinion. :roll:

The games do last about 3 hours average, which is the same as football.

David Ortiz, while a big guy, I'm not sure he's out of shape though.

They wear mitts, but jesus you aren't going to catch a batted baseball with your bare hands.

I realize baseball isn't for everyone, but I love the game, the strategy. There is a group of Indian immigrants who run a small cricket league local to me. I don't know the first thing about cricket, but I might stop by and play with them sometime. I might enjoy it.

I'm not a huge fan of cricket either for similar reasons, its just a little too slow for me and too much down time. I did however play cricket and I didnt use any mitts ;)

I'm not a huge fan of cricket either for similar reasons, its just a little too slow for me and too much down time. I did however play cricket and I didnt use any mitts ;)

While similar to baseball, it is a much different game though. In baseball, you can't catch a line shot with your bare hands.

6. They do wear mitts.

Let's look at your original list:

1. Its stupidly long season which makes the first 80 games almost pointless.

Except that with a week to go most races are still undecided. Bet some team wish they had won a couple more of those worthless games...
2. A good amount of the players are un athletic and out of shape.

David Ortiz(to use your example) is very strong. Not every person is fast, but I bet his reflexes and strength are comparable or exceed players in any other sport.
3. The crazy amount of drugs in the game. Any sport that has to put a * next to a name because of substance abuse should be banned.

The asterisk is not used. Drugs have hit every sport. Baseball is at least making a serious effort to clean itself up, and that effort is being led by the players.
4. The games themselves can last hours and it is on nearly every day of the week

The games are roughly the same length as games of other sports.

5. Its soooooooooooo slow.

Opinion. I consider soccer much more painfully slow.
6. They wear big mitts to watch the ball, man up.

Really? You want to catch a line drive without one?

Even more Ironic is catching a liberal complaining over anothers Opinion. :roll:

I hate to bring reality in, but I complained about his facts being inaccurate, not his opinion. I did not complain about his opinion.

Tennis, and by no small margin. Soccer is probably 2nd, but I do admit to watching some of the World Cup when USA is in it.

I happen to love golf majors. Masters weekend is like a holiday to me. That's the 4th most exciting weekend to me, behind the Super Bowl, college football national championship, and the opening weekend of March Madness.

Tennis, and by no small margin. Soccer is probably 2nd, but I do admit to watching some of the World Cup when USA is in it.

I happen to love golf majors. Masters weekend is like a holiday to me. That's the 4th most exciting weekend to me, behind the Super Bowl, college football national championship, and the opening weekend of March Madness.

My brother in law has gotten me into gold watching a bit. I will never be a big fan of watching it(I would love to try playing it sometime), but I can enjoy it.

My brother in law has gotten me into gold watching a bit. I will never be a big fan of watching it(I would love to try playing it sometime), but I can enjoy it.

I won't watch some stupid tournament like "The Nabisco Shredded Wheat Classic" or some crap, but the majors I will watch. Masters, US Open, British Open, and TPC actually have some entertainment merit because a) it brings out all the big guns, and b) the courses they tend to pick are more strategic as opposed to "just hit as hard as you can".

That's why Tiger dominated majors for so long. He may not drive like Happy Gilmore, but his approach and short game is stuff of legend.

Having said that, it's still golf. I do need occasional breaks to "charge my man card" by flipping over to Die Hard or some documentary about the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.

Let's look at your original list:

Except that with a week to go most races are still undecided. Bet some team wish they had won a couple more of those worthless games...

David Ortiz(to use your example) is very strong. Not every person is fast, but I bet his reflexes and strength are comparable or exceed players in any other sport.

The asterisk is not used. Drugs have hit every sport. Baseball is at least making a serious effort to clean itself up, and that effort is being led by the players.

The games are roughly the same length as games of other sports.

Opinion. I consider soccer much more painfully slow.

Really? You want to catch a line drive without one?

Its still too long, you could get the same excitment from an 80 game season. Its all about the money.

Ortiz is strong no doubt but he is not an all around athelete, im smashing him in a foot race.

The asterisk is not used? Dont they have an * next to the name of the all time homerun hitter? Also worth pointing out that drugs is not rife in every sport.

You can find soccer boring but slow it is not. Its 90 mins long, it acually last's for 90 mins not hours and play is constantly moving. It is the polar opposite from slow especially in comparison to other sports.

I read a book once about Soccer in the US and why it was so unpopular ( until recently) a lot of it is cultural reasons. Soccer was branded a "hippie" "commie" sport in the 60's and was therefore seen as " un-american". Obviously this has changed a lot over the last decade but the blind hatred for the sport is obviously still strong with middle aged americans. That of course will all change in the next 10 years with Soccer breaking into the top 4 American sports which is inevitable considering the amount of youth playing the game, the improved MLS and the changing demongraphic of the US population.

Back
Top Bottom