• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most bloggers are idiots - Agree or disagree?

Are most bloggers stupid?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Gipper

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
One thing I've noticed is that most people who blog extensively, specifically in the realm of politics, are both a) incredibly biased, and b) unequivocally stupid.

Do you find this to be true, or do you think the percentages aren't quite as high?

...as far as the question...

Biased? Well, yeah, duh.

Stupid? Depends on if they agree with me, or not. :cool:

Is a forum such as this the equivalent of your own personal blog?

No, DP exists as a construct for debate and, hopefully, point-counterpoint.

Blogging is a forum where vomit goes unchallenged, by and large.

Blogs do not go "unchallenged". While the blog owner can moderate "as can forum mods..." what comments get through, I have often seen bloggers engage in worthwhile debates over issues. Are most bloggers idiots? I'd have to say no, at least, most successful bloggers wouldn't be. It takes at least a little bit of talent to have something that catches the attention of hundreds.

One thing I've noticed is that most people who blog extensively, specifically in the realm of politics, are both a) incredibly biased, and b) unequivocally stupid.

Do you find this to be true, or do you think the percentages aren't quite as high?

I would have picked some of the above.
There are some on this site who are nuts, or overly biased on both sides!

Fortunately many on both sides here are sensible & willing to listen!!
Myself included I hope.:2razz:

Most, if not all, blogs are nothing more than biased commentary coming from a distinct ideological slant, excluding all relevant information that contradicts what they believe and thereby, what they want others to believe.

i will say that most of the "natural" blogs are packed with incredibly unscientific bull****. my guess is most of the writers don't even know what pubmed is.

The most telling aspect of a blog is whether or not they accept public comments.

Those that do are usually pretty fair-minded, though some abuse the concept by overly moderating.

Those that don't are usually crap and just a place for a person to puff them self up.

As in political bloggers? I couldn't say though, I don't pay any mind to bloggers.

Bias is profitable and results in more clicks per entry than centrism, which casts doubt on them being stupid.

Last edited:

Last time I challenged vomit it was flung back in my face at which point I promptly power hurled. My point made, I did an unintentional secondary hurl, lifted my head out of the toilet and washed up, content I wouldn't have to challenge vomit again for awhile.

I disagree. Usually blog posts allow comments which gives a person the opportunity to counter the article.

Also in the past couple of years, it has often been reputable bloggers who have done investigative journalism on major stories where the MSM have failed to cover due to political biases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom