• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Most backward state in the union?

Which is the most backward state of the USA?

• Mississippi

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Texas

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Alabama

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Utah

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Iraq

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
galenrox said:
**** California, it's a ****ing waste of a state!
Illinois is where it's AT BITCH!
Except for the weather. Dude, it's bitchin'...

Imudman said:
Except for the weather. Dude, it's bitchin'...
Yeah, we have REAL weather here in Chicago, that's why all of the real men live in the midwest, while all the sissies with their Hummers live in California!

galenrox said:
Yeah, we have REAL weather here in Chicago, that's why all of the real men live in the midwest, while all the sissies with their Hummers live in California!
Dude, like, that's fer sher, 'know what I mean? Like, too many hummers are crowdin' the beach. LOL!

Imudman said:
Dude, like, that's fer sher, 'know what I mean? Like, too many hummers are crowdin' the beach. LOL!
lol, that's some good **** right there.

galenrox said:
lol, that's some good **** right there.
In my younger days, I visited most of the states (you know, kind of vagabond-like), and I've gotta say Illinois was ok. I spent about a week in Peoria. It was nice.

There's a lot wrong with California, but man, the weather really is bitchin'...

cnredd said:
I've always had this thought....

If someone wanted to be preseident, all they had to do is attack California...just keep saying "They're a bunch of nutcases!...Not like the rest of the country." and the other 49 states will vote for you.

Funny and correct...the definition of wit.

teacher said:
Funny and correct...the definition of wit.

Not bad for a barca-lougin, Schumer-spoo hatin', monkey-army general with the code name "big lug"(That's covert...Don't tell Novak!)

cnredd said:
Not bad for a barca-lougin, Schumer-spoo hatin', monkey-army general with the code name "big lug"(That's covert...Don't tell Novak!)

Damn and it ain't been 5 years yet, so....

Five classes of General,

One star: Brigadier General

Two stars: Major General

Three stars: Lieutenant General

Four stars: Just General (I think)

Five stars: General of the Army (Ike was the last to hold that I think)

Your choice Big Lug.

Damn I was laughing so hard I could hardly type.

galenrox said:

so true. hummers are EVERYWHERE. my pops bought an H1 Alpha last year and i have to say those things are beasts but the H2's gotta go. heres a good idea of what its like here...

You Know You Live in California if...

1. Your coworker has 8 body piercings and none are visible.

2. You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.

3. You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation
in English.

4. Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named
Flower.

5. You can't remember . . . is pot illegal?

6. You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.

7. You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.

8. A really great parking space can totally move you to tears.

9. Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S.

10. Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really IS George Clooney.

11. 14. It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH."

12. You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cells or pagers.

13. It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.

14. 18. Both you AND your dog have therapists.

15. The "Terminator" is your governor.

16. If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one.

17. You can own a pistol caliber rifle at 18 but cant buy the ammo for it until you're 21.

18. The brand new Volkswagon your kid drives to high school is the 'beater car' in the parking lot.

19. You can look out the window of your 3 million dollar home and see Section 8 housing.

20. One half of the state hates the other because of water.

21. You use "hella" and a noun, adjective and verb.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people blew the "We're the only state that could survive as our own country" out of proportion, I thought he was referring to the fact that for a year or two there was the Republic of Texas as a seperate nation.

Was that what you were reffering to?

Pacridge said:
Please don't the let the door hit you in the butt.

Wasn't born there, but you're welcome to claim him.

You mean like Ann Richards?

And by "Red" do you mean it's operating in negative cash flow just like your great President has the entire nation running at in record amounts?

You can not debate with the brainwashed.

I like this Pacridge guy.

FiremanRyan said:
...the state with the strangest laws and backwards thinking is California, without a doubt.
heyyyyyyyyyyy HEY now... I resemble that remark! ;)

California, the Cereal State, full of fruits, nuts and flakes. ;)

Although today, Missouri gets my vote... and I'll tell you why...

Last edited:
Lilith said:
heyyyyyyyyyyy HEY now... I resemble that remark! ;)

California, the Cereal State, full of fruits, nuts and flakes. ;)

Although today, Missouri gets my vote... and I'll tell you why...

Ok I'm all ears. What did the mighty Mo do recently to make the top of your list.

BTW I like California. Not much for large cities in any state myself. But there's a lot of outback in a state the size of California. Everything the redwoods up north and beautiful coastline to the scenic deserts. Lot of very cool things.

Pacridge said:
Sorry crack pipe must have been blocking my view.

I see it now thanks.

Now that explains everything.:tongue4:

Back
Top Bottom