• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most annoying corporate expression for you?

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The one that annoys me the most is "perception is reality". If perception is reality, shouldn't Bernie Madoff be released? After all, his "investors" perceived that they were making money.

A close second is: "If you can't measure it, you can't manage it". Hey genius, if I have to be constantly entering metrics into your management system, how is any work going to get done?

The one that annoys me the most is "perception is reality". If perception is reality, shouldn't Bernie Madoff be released? After all, his "investors" perceived that they were making money.

A close second is: "If you can't measure it, you can't manage it". Hey genius, if I have to be constantly entering metrics into your management system, how is any work going to get done?

Play to Win

Adding Excellence to every section (like Supply Chain Excellence)

Corporate values and mission statements that have no bearing on how the company is run or the employees are treated

"Your coffee break is over".

"We're out of coffee" is a close second.

I hate hearing 'you have to go through the chain of command' I guess that's also a military thing. my response would be well if you were doing your job I wouldn't have had to go around you on this.

pushback
risk forward
pretty much most corporate speak. i'm all for delivering a high quality product to the client / customers, but the mannequinesque, once-removed from actually saying what you mean language that we use to communicate with each other can be a little irritating.

**** it, though. i have a job, i'm going to do my best to do it well, and if that's the culture, that's the culture. it's not the first time that i've found peopling to be annoying, and i doubt that it will be the last.

How are you bringing value?

Any list of "company values" that are absolute blatant lies....

Manage down, not up.

"safety culture."

Invariably followed by "your safer choice cost more money!!!"

"down sizing".. followed by 'You will know in two weeks'

Know about expression but how about really annoying corporate scripted interview questions?

Tell us a weakness you have.

What would you do if you saw a fellow employee steal something?

How would you handle a conflict with another employee in the work place?​

All over-generalized questions that tell the questioner pretty much nothing of who they are questioning.

the company's most valuable asset is our human capital

wonder if southern plantation owners used this same expression

Any slogan with a "Q" in it.

"You deserve a brick today." Er, break. A break today.

Of course (as what happened today), 'The resource action is happening today' which thankfully is followed by 'This is to inform you that you are not affected' .

pushback
risk forward
pretty much most corporate speak. i'm all for delivering a high quality product to the client / customers, but the mannequinesque, once-removed from actually saying what you mean language that we use to communicate with each other can be a little irritating.

**** it, though. i have a job, i'm going to do my best to do it well, and if that's the culture, that's the culture. it's not the first time that i've found peopling to be annoying, and i doubt that it will be the last.

I actually like the expression "push back"; it's my politically correct way of saying that if you want me to put in overtime, you can go pound sand.

"Inverted pyramid".

Yeah, let me overrule company policy and make my own decisions and see how far that goes.

We are streamlining...... translation- get that resume up to date
We are realigning - translation- see above

We are streamlining...... translation- get that resume up to date
We are realigning - translation- see above

Also 'Down sizing', "Right Sizing'.. and pretty much any variation with the word "Sizing" in it.

And.. 'Metrics'.

Back
Top Bottom