• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most Americans want to end lifetime Supreme Court appointments

Problem is, you are not debating.

The problem is that this forum has a software-problem.

Simply quoting someone and there is no place to respond beyond the quoted statement.

Anyway, the above statement is pure sarcasm and I leave you to it ...

Reactions: PoS
Most Americans cannot even name 5 of the Supreme Court Justices nor the chief justice. I don't put too much stock into that poll

Who cares what their names are?

Their names are irrelevant. What they DO is highly relevant ...

Who cares what their names are?

Their names are irrelevant. What they DO is highly relevant ...
so you think people who cannot tell you who the justices are, can intelligently discuss various cases and the reasons for the opinions? I think not.

so you think people who cannot tell you who the justices are, can intelligently discuss various cases and the reasons for the opinions?
Yes! The principles-of-laws are in the text, and neither in the people who wrote them nor those that employ them. A judge does not adjudicate "principles" - they make rulings based upon the written-law. And that is NOT EASY since any administration with a majority in both houses of Congress can write the law any way they want.

Which is hellishly dangerous! And comparable of what happens in Communist-countries that MUST DOMINATE THE ENTIRE JUDICIAL PROCEDURE. And that is about as anti-democratic as any nation can get!

Now you tell me why knowing the name of SC-judges is important! It's their collective argumentation that is key, not how they spell their name.

For your edification (from here): Supreme Court Procedures
Typically, the Court hears cases that have been decided in either an appropriate U.S. Court of Appeals or the highest Court in a given state (if the state court decided a Constitutional issue). The Supreme Court has its own set of rules. According to these rules, four of the nine Justices must vote to accept a case. Five of the nine Justices must vote in order to grant a stay, e.g., a stay of execution in a death penalty case ...

The rest of this above linked-cite's explanation of how the Supreme Court works is very interesting and well-worth the quarter-hour to read it all. The cite's functional-description is worth a look-see ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom