• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most Americans embarrassed by US response to coronavirus

I think Trump believed that his duty as President was to give hope to anyone who would listen. The Dems are deliberately overplaying the supposed effects of his positivity, because it would have served their purposes to have Trump go negative.

There's 'hope' and then there's 'realistic'. Trump's only duty and loyalty is to himself; that should be bleeding obvious to anyone who has followed his career.

There's 'hope' and then there's 'realistic'. Trump's only duty and loyalty is to himself; that should be bleeding obvious to anyone who has followed his career.
Trumpism is a virulent disease. It has particularly deleterious effects on the brain. Sufferers lose the ability to think logically or see what is right in front of their faces. There is no known cure, as the application of facts and logic no longer have the intended and expected effects they should have. Those with preexisting conditions, such as Republicanism or Libertarianism, are unlikely to recover as their intellectual systems are permanently defective and they exist in a perpetually vegetative state.

I think Trump believed that his duty as President was to give hope to anyone who would listen.

Then he isn't capable of doing the job, because that's not how you do that.

Neither of us knows anything about any President’s internal motivations. We can judge any President, Trump or Obama, by their actions.

Trumpism is a virulent disease. It has particularly deleterious effects on the brain. Sufferers lose the ability to think logically or see what is right in front of their faces. There is no known cure, as the application of facts and logic no longer have the intended and expected effects they should have. Those with preexisting conditions, such as Republicanism or Libertarianism, are unlikely to recover as their intellectual systems are permanently defective and they exist in a perpetually vegetative state.

“Oh kettle, thou art black “ said the pot.

a6K1Pne_700b.jpg

Imagine how embarrassed we would be if Americans could be tourists. But we can't travel to Canada, Europe, Australia, Japan, South Korea, etc. as tourists or on business without a mandatory quarantine period.

The United States under Donald Trump is considered a coronavirus pariah state, with the COVID disease out of control and no end in sight.

I wonder what it is these Americans would have wanted to do? A national mask mandate? California has had one for two months now and are currently doing worse than when the mask mandate started. So, what good would a national mask mandate do?

Want to lock the country down? Last time we did that we had a 33% drop in GDP and over 11% unemployment. Are Americans saying we want worse than that? 33% and 11% aren't high enough?

You care or you wouldn't have attempted to respond like a pubescent partisan.

I just want him gone, for two reasons:

1. He's bad for the country, and

2. You want him, and I don't want you to have things you want.

The world after the pandemic in France: A negligible number of beds, a maximum of +3 new hospital rates, a meager increase in salaries. Europe has other expenses: dividends, support for "civil society" abroad, subsidies to enterprises that are already closing production.
Less than six months ago, the rulers of all capitalist countries called doctors heroes, promised unthinkable funding, and vowed to stop pernicious medical reforms...

a6K1Pne_700b.jpg

Imagine how embarrassed we would be if Americans could be tourists. But we can't travel to Canada, Europe, Australia, Japan, South Korea, etc. as tourists or on business without a mandatory quarantine period.

The United States under Donald Trump is considered a coronavirus pariah state, with the COVID disease out of control and no end in sight.

I would be embarrassed to as over 50% of the deaths from the virus are in these states, Blue states with pure love and respect for the President. Interesting how the left wants to make this a campaign issue ignoring the alternative of Biden/Harris's records

State Cases deaths

New York 426803 32833 7.7%
New Jersey 188527 15932 8.5%
California 644751 11686 1.8%
Massachusetts 124415 8876 7.1%
Illinois 213721 7993 3.7%
Pennsylvania 126940 7538 5.9%
Michigan 104091 6618 6.4%

He didn't do it? Is that your excuse? The INTENT was there and clear to everyone but you, apparently. Trump is a clueless self-serving moron and the sooner he flies off to Mar-a-****ing-lago for the last time won't be a day too soon.

Growing up did anyone ever teach you personal responsibility and to stop blaming others for poor choices you made? Who do you think YOUR Founders blamed when they failed? Your entitlement mentality is on full display as is your ignorance of your own country's Covid 19 results. Retiring Trump benefits you and your country how?

So much winning.

I doubt that you will ever understand personal greatness as you only blame others for poor choices you made. Name for me another country in the world that has a 22 trillion dollar economy, a strong military, and the opportunity to be whatever you want yourself to be?

Trump's handling of the virus.

Simple

Same republican plan for everything

The economy. Profits for the rich and corporations take president over human lives

We are expendable

I doubt that you will ever understand personal greatness as you only blame others for poor choices you made. Name for me another country in the world that has a 22 trillion dollar economy, a strong military, and the opportunity to be whatever you want yourself to be?

Personal greatness you measure in money? Possessions? That twenty two trillion economy benefits the top ten percent well, the rest of America not so much. As far as the military, trump knows more than his generals.
None of what you mention did trump create. All he has done is create chaos, lie and steal from his first day in office.

Growing up did anyone ever teach you personal responsibility and to stop blaming others for poor choices you made? Who do you think YOUR Founders blamed when they failed? Your entitlement mentality is on full display as is your ignorance of your own country's Covid 19 results. Retiring Trump benefits you and your country how?

Poor choices? You elected an incompetent pathological liar, a racist thief and fraudster who has diminished America's global standing, has made America a laughing stock, has alienated and insulted your allies and severely compromised faith, trust and affection for your once great country. Congratulations on your outstanding decision-making process.

Last edited:
Personal greatness you measure in money? Possessions? That twenty two trillion economy benefits the top ten percent well, the rest of America not so much. As far as the military, trump knows more than his generals.
None of what you mention did trump create. All he has done is create chaos, lie and steal from his first day in office.

No, personal greatness is measured by effort and opportunity all of which are available in this country. the 22 trillion dollar economy benefits ALL Americans who have equal opportunity NOT equal outcome. There is nothing preventing people in this country from joining the rich. Trump understands incentive and the private sector thus promoted it, Obama the public sector and promoted that, today the differences are stark. No, you are creating chaos, lies, distortions, politics of personal destruction, the American people get it, you probably never will as it it even matters. You have no direct influence in this country

Name another country which is $25 trillion in debt! Every Western nation "allows" you to be whatever you want. Do you honestly believe America is exclusive in this? Every Western (and many Eastern nations) nation has a strong military; not that it means a damn thing. If you have a nuclear capability that makes you as strong (and weak), as every other nation with nuclear capability. You ever heard of M.A.D? Dick-measuring won't get you very far, so quit the ridiculous nationalistic chest-beating. It's embarrassing.

Last edited:
Poor choices? You elected an incompetent pathological liar, a racist thief and fraudster who has diminished America's global standing, has made America a laughing stock, has alienated and insulted your allies and severely compromised faith, trust and affection for your once great country. Congratulations on your outstanding decision-making process.

Right, racist, incompetent, liar none of which has been proven, your opinions are just that, an opinion from a foreign national who is out of touch with reality and only diverts from their own personal problems. In this country we celebrate success. Notice the stark differences

Memorial Day Boat Parade Lake Havasu 2020 - YouTube

The Left has tried to define deadly US riots as ‘peaceful’ protests - YouTube

Name another country which is $23 trillion in debt. Every Western nation "allows" you to be whatever you want. Do you honestly believe America is exclusive in this? Every Western (and many Eastern nations) nation has a strong military; not that it means a damn thing. If you have a nuclear capability that makes you as strong as every other nation. You ever heard of M.A.D?

Let's see, so now debt bothers you but not when Obama added 9.3 trillion to it without a pandemic?? Interesting liberal logic. You keep buying that liberal rhetoric and keep watching your liberal ideology destroyed by the silent majority

He didn't do it though, did he? Show me his directive? Some people have a nasty habit of only repeating the left's cherry picked fake nooze headlines.

Let's review his remark with context....

"Trump says he wasn't kidding about slowing down coronavirus testing. "Testing is a double edge sword. One way, it shows you have cases and in another way you find out where the cases are and you do a good job."

Trump says he wasn't joking about testing slowdown: "I don't kid" - CBS News

Quoting Trump is not cherry picking fake news. It's quoting the President of the USA. From your cited report...

"When you do testing to that extent you're going to find more people, you're going to find cases. So I said to my people, 'Slow the testing down, please.' They test and they test. We got tests for people who don't know what's going on."

Back
Top Bottom