• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most Americans embarrassed by US response to coronavirus

All politicians act for their own reasons. It's a called a mandate to fulfill campaign promises to the electorate.

And what mandate, pray tell, does this fall under? Two and a half wasted months.....

[video=youtube;ch7_t2Ri2Zg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?ch7_t2Ri2Zg[/video]

And I can count Trix. It's very obvious you are here in Private Mode.

Coward.

He later clarified those comments.... but you keep going with it if you'd like. Unless there's an executive directive to slow testing down, you are repeating anti-Trump talking points.
He clarified by saying, "I don't kid." It's speaks volumes when Trump's own words are considered "anti-Trump talking points".

And you live on planet anti-Trump...

All politicians act for their own reasons. It's a called a mandate to fulfill campaign promises to the electorate.
Again, I am tired of partisans who won't admit that all the horse manure that they help spread is to scapegoat this president for everything.

Anyone who actually cares about this planet and the people on it is anti-trump at this point.

Did the states slow their testing?

Because, if they did not, Trump's opinion made no difference.

What specifically did he not do?

I remember around St. Paddy's Day, New York's Cuomo refusing to shut down businesses because they were expecting big sales. How would you imagine Trump could have prevented that?

I don't remember that. Provide a link, please.

He clarified by saying, "I don't kid." It's speaks volumes when Trump's own words are considered "anti-Trump talking points".

Again, where is the E/O, his national directive to stop testing? Show me....

Trump says a lot of things...
Time for some to stop making everything he says but doesn't follow through on a faux national crisis.

Anyone who actually cares about this planet and the people on it is anti-trump at this point.

I won't make apologies to you for caring about my country the way I see fit.

Btw, pretty authoritarian rhetoric from someone who calls themselves a liberal. ^^^ smh

a6K1Pne_700b.jpg

Imagine how embarrassed we would be if Americans could be tourists. But we can't travel to Canada, Europe, Australia, Japan, South Korea, etc. as tourists or on business without a mandatory quarantine period.

The United States under Donald Trump is considered a coronavirus pariah state, with the COVID disease out of control and no end in sight.

And we will remain under the control of the virus until Biden takes office and is able to do what needed to be done months ago. We need a President who cares about our lives to beat this and rejoin the rest of the world. Sadly the world now thinks we are getting what we deserve and they may be right.

Time for some to stop making everything he says but doesn't follow through on a faux national crisis.

It would be better if he would just stop being an asshole and saying these things. Easier on everyone as well.

I won't make apologies to you for caring about my country the way I see fit.

Btw, pretty authoritarian rhetoric from someone who calls themselves a liberal. ^^^ smh

what a snowflake.

Trump said he told his people to slow the testing down. I guess my problem is that I believe him. It sounds like you don't believe him. How ironic, huh?

Trump said he told his people to slow the testing down. I guess my problem is that I believe him. It sounds like you don't believe him. How ironic, huh?

Here's what I believe. The facts.
Unless there was an E/O to slow down testing, it's ironic, that you think he planned to do it.

As I said above, Trump says a lot of things, but unless he follows through with a directive and there wasn't a directive to slow down testing, I don't sweat the small stuff.

I don't remember that. Provide a link, please.

I did some checking and this is the event to which I referred:

When Monroe County declared a state of emergency on March 14, it coincided with St. Patrick's Day weekend, when many chose to go out and celebrate despite the state capping occupancy rates at 50%. The escalation in local cases that came the following could, at least in theory, be owed something to that weekend of revelry.

I confess that I misremembered that particular circumstance, in that Governor Cuomo had at that time warned against social mingling. If any politician is to blame for New Yorkers not taking the pandemic seriously, it might well be Mayor di Blasio, if he failed to put any teeth in his occupancy orders, as I believe to be the case.

But whether Cuomo or di Blasio was at fault there, it doesn't affect my main point: it wasn't Trump's fault, unless one chooses to believe in some mystical "I don't care" attitude wafted from him to all the state personnel.

I confess that I misremembered that particular circumstance, in that Governor Cuomo had at that time warned against social mingling. If any politician is to blame for New Yorkers not taking the pandemic seriously, it might well be Mayor di Blasio, if he failed to put any teeth in his occupancy orders, as I believe to be the case.

But whether Cuomo or di Blasio was at fault there, it doesn't affect my main point: it wasn't Trump's fault, unless one chooses to believe in some mystical "I don't care" attitude wafted from him to all the state personnel.

So you agree that Cuomo never refused to close businesses in the name of "sales".

I didn't mention Trump.

So you agree that Cuomo never refused to close businesses in the name of "sales".

I didn't mention Trump.

The original post I made referenced the OP's idea that Trump's responsible for everything bad, so I chose to provide context.

I admit that Cuomo's long list of sins probably does not include the infections around Saint Patrick's Day.

a6K1Pne_700b.jpg

Imagine how embarrassed we would be if Americans could be tourists. But we can't travel to Canada, Europe, Australia, Japan, South Korea, etc. as tourists or on business without a mandatory quarantine period.

The United States under Donald Trump is considered a coronavirus pariah state, with the COVID disease out of control and no end in sight.
Most Americans are embarrassed CNN still postures itself a as new organization.

He later clarified those comments.... but you keep going with it if you'd like. Unless there's an executive directive to slow testing down, you are repeating anti-Trump talking points.

Yes, he clarified them to the extent that he said he "wasn't kidding" about slowing testing.

I tire of hearing stupid partisans attempt to scapegoat this president by politicizing a virus. Ad nauseum, it has been explained and rehashed that Trump acted quickly with the travel ban. For doing so, he was labeled a xenophobe and racist by Biden. It was only later that Biden commended this president for having implemented that ban. Fact._
The states are in control of mandates. If a state's death and infection rate is high, look to the governance of that state. New York under the governance of Mario Cuomo for instance.

Do you think his “Liberate!” tweets had any effect on the fight against the virus?

Aren't leaders supposed to lead by example? If Trump's 'example' is to consistently publicly and loudly downplay a deadly pandemic, and insist it is "under control" when in fact the polar opposite is true, one would have to be impossibly naive to believe that a large cohort of the population would not follow his irresponsible 'example' and go about their business as if nothing was out of the ordinary. Over 170,000 premature deaths, and counting, are the tragic result.

Aren't leaders supposed to lead by example? If Trump's 'example' is to consistently publicly and loudly downplay a deadly pandemic, and insist it is "under control" when in fact the polar opposite is true, one would have to be impossibly naive to believe that a large cohort of the population would not follow his irresponsible 'example' and go about their business as if nothing was out of the ordinary. Over 170,000 premature deaths, and counting, are the tragic result.

I think Trump believed that his duty as President was to give hope to anyone who would listen. The Dems are deliberately overplaying the supposed effects of his positivity, because it would have served their purposes to have Trump go negative.

I am far far more pissed at the way my governor handled and is handling this than I am the Donald.

Back
Top Bottom