• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moscow has openly accused the US framing the Assad government.

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
MOSCOW — Russia issued a stark warning today against renewed calls for foreign military intervention in Syria after an alleged chemical weapons attack near Damascus last week.
In a pair of statements, Russia’s Foreign Ministry spokesman drew comparisons between the current situation in Syria and the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and urged countries “not to repeat the mistakes of the past.” Responding directly to comments by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel about military contingency planning, Alexander Lukashevich said such remarks were “alarming.”
Lukashevich reiterated Russia’s position that evidence the Syrian military was responsible for the suspected chemical attack was pre-fabricated in order to frame the government.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...vasion-warns-of-consequences-of-intervention/

The US didn't frame Saddam. Saddam framed Saddam, in attempt to hold off the Iranian regime.

Moscow is right that we should not get involved in that mess, but otherwise, tis just politics.

The US didn't frame Saddam. Saddam framed Saddam, in attempt to hold off the Iranian regime.

Are you one of the three Americans left that believe that?

You may be missing his point.

How many UN Resolutions were passed in an attempt to force Iraq into full disclosure and compliance with UN inspections? And why were 17 resolutions necessary?

Hans Blixx said that he had been given access to all areas requested including presidential palaces and even joked that Saddam let him look under his beds and guess what. There were no WMD and he was furious when his team was advised by the US to evacuate the country because bombing was going to start tomorrow. He returned to the Netherlands and wrote a scathing condemnation of the Bush administration if you recall.

Intelligence was "fixed around the policy!"

Hans Blixx said that he had been given access to all areas requested including presidential palaces and even joked that Saddam let him look under his beds and guess what. There were no WMD and he was furious when his team was advised by the US to evacuate the country because bombing was going to start tomorrow. He returned to the Netherlands and wrote a scathing condemnation of the Bush administration if you recall.
Now answer the question.

“I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons…I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out.” — Clinton’s Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003
Defense.gov News Article: Cohen Stands Firm on Iraq

“I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons…I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out.” — Clinton’s Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003
Defense.gov News Article: Cohen Stands Firm on Iraq

So what. Saddam said he destroyed them and Blixx essentially confirmed it. So I was wrong, there's four Americans that still believe Bush's lie.

So what. Saddam said he destroyed them and Blixx essentially confirmed it. So I was wrong, there's four Americans that still believe Bush's lie.
Saddam said he destroyed them. Well...that certainly solves the missing CHEMICAL WEAPONS dilemma. And Blixx agreed huh? Because Saddam let him look in his pockets? Thats about as stupid as Sean Penn accompanying Saddam holding his junk then blaming Clinton for killing millions of children.

Answer the question. HOW MANY resolutions were passed attempting to force an accounting of their WMDs? And why were SEVENTEEN necessary? Since...you know...Saddam was so open about everything.

Sense you included the answer in your question it seemed rhetorical.
It was a 2 part question. I did you the favor of answering the total number. Now...WHY did they have to pass SEVENTEEN UN Resolutions attempting to force compliance? Why did Clinton lie about Iraqs WMDs? Why did Clintons Defense Secretary lie about deliberate efforts to block UN inspectors?

Fact: Saddam faked a WMD program to fend of the Iranian regime. Deal with it.

It was a 2 part question. I did you the favor of answering the total number. Now...WHY did they have to pass SEVENTEEN UN Resolutions attempting to force compliance? Why did Clinton lie about Iraqs WMDs? Why did Clintons Defense Secretary lie about deliberate efforts to block UN inspectors?

Blixx was the man charged with finding WMD and he didn't because they're weren't any, not in 2003. But THAT didn't matter, attacking Iraq and toppling Saddam was Bush's ambition while he was yet governor of Texas. Jesus, I didn't think anybody still believed the Bush meme.

Blixx was the man charged with finding WMD and he didn't because they're weren't any, not in 2003. But THAT didn't matter, attacking Iraq and toppling Saddam was Bush's ambition while he was yet governor of Texas. Jesus, I didn't think anybody still believed the Bush meme.
I gave you quotes from CLINTONS sec of defense as well as links to the DoD website during the CLINTON admin...yet you fail right back into that weak ass Bush meme. The FACT is that Blixx was completely ineffective in his search for WMDs. But wait...how about an actual quote from Blixx himself...
In his report to the UN Security Council on 14 February 2003, Blix claimed that "If Iraq had provided the necessary cooperation in 1991, the phase of disarmament – under resolution 687 – could have been short and a decade of sanctions could have been avoided."http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/feb/14/iraq.unitednations1

SEVENTEEN Un Resolutions. Because hey...if you cant succeed SIXTEEN times....

Yes, that's exactly the point, had Saddam given the level of access to his predecessor that he had, Saddam could of avoided a decade of sanctions. But nevertheless, Blixx found nothing, nada. So you call him inept, lol.

While Blix was making that statement, Iraqi trucks were shipping the WMD to Syria. Isn't Moscow is doing the same as they did in the 90's in Serbia and the ethnic cleansing that took place there. While I'm at it, the same guy that was for the invasion of Iraq before he was against it has failed to see this present go before the UN to make the U.S. position clear. I guess that before Bush went along with Clinton's Iraq Liberation Act he did take it to the UN twice. What has Obama done except rattle the sabre?

While Blix was making that statement, Iraqi trucks were shipping the WMD to Syria. Isn't Moscow is doing the same as they did in the 90's in Serbia and the ethnic cleansing that took place there. While I'm at it, the same guy that was for the invasion of Iraq before he was against it has failed to see this present go before the UN to make the U.S. position clear. I guess that before Bush went along with Clinton's Iraq Liberation Act he did take it to the UN twice. What has Obama done except rattle the sabre?

Proof! But understand for me, it doesn't matter that Assad has chemical weapons, so do a lot of other countries, including the US. The US in fact has used more WMD to kill and destroy than any of the countries we set around wringing our hands over.

Fact: Saddam faked a WMD program to fend of the Iranian regime. Deal with it.

er uh eco, that silly narrative requires you to believe bush's puppet masters were 'fooled' by saddam and that it wasn't a Day 1 agenda to invade Iraq. And eco, how does Saddam 'supposedly' faking a weapons program excuse Bush ignoring the intel that said no WMDs and how does it excuse using 'curveball' after we were told he was a liar

While Blix was making that statement, Iraqi trucks were shipping the WMD to Syria.

what would cons do without magic 'facts'. too funny. Hey eco, you think Saddam 'fooled us'. wolf saw your silly narrative and raised you a magic 'fact'. hey, maybe saddam fooled us and then shipped the WMDs to syria. anyhoo, let me try my hand and at 'conservative' poker. uhhhh, saddam actually shipped the WMDs to Venezuela where Chavez, who faked his death, is hiding in council bluffs Iowa with the WMDs waiting to strike.

Last edited:
Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria​

The history books on this issue shouldn’t be written just yet.​

by Ryan Mauro
June 6, 2010

Ha’aretz has revived the mystery surrounding the inability to find weapons of mass destruction stockpiles in Iraq, the most commonly cited justification for Operation Iraqi Freedom and one of the most embarrassing episodes for the United States. Satellite photos of a suspicious site in Syria are providing new support for the reporting of a Syrian journalist who briefly rocked the world with his reporting that Iraq’s WMD had been sent to three sites in Syria just before the invasion commenced.

The newspaper reveals that a 200 square-kilometer area in northwestern Syria has been photographed by satellites at the request of a Western intelligence agency at least 16 times, the most recent being taken in January. The site is near Masyaf, and it has at least five installations and hidden paths leading underneath the mountains. This supports the reporting of Nizar Nayouf, an award-winning Syrian journalist who said in 2004 that his sources confirmed that Saddam Hussein’s WMDs were in Syria.

One of the three specific sites he mentioned was an underground base underneath Al-Baida, which is one kilometer south of Masyaf. This is a perfect match. The suspicious features in the photos and the fact that a Western intelligence agency is so interested in the site support Nayouf’s reporting, showing that his sources in Syria did indeed have access to specific information about secret activity that is likely WMD-related. Richard Radcliffe, one of my co-writers at WorldThreats.com, noticed that Masyaf is located on a road that goes from Hamah, where there is an airfield sufficient to handle relatively large aircraft, into Lebanon and the western side of the Bekaa Valley, another location said to house Iraqi weapons.

It seems to be commonly accepted that Iraq did not have WMDs at all. The intelligence was obviously flawed, but the book has not been closed on what actually happened. The media blasted the headline that Charles Duelfer, the head of the Iraq Survey Group tasked with finding out if Saddam had WMDs, concluded that a transfer did not occur. In reality, his report said they were “unable to complete its investigation and is unable to rule out the possibility that WMD was evacuated to Syria before the war” due to the poor security situation.
[Excerpt]

(snip)
The theory that Iraq’s WMD went to Syria is not a fringe conspiracy theory. John Loftus, a former Justice Department prosecutor known for his wide-ranging contacts in the intelligence community, said in an interview we did that “every senior member of a Western, European or Asian intelligence service whom I have ever met all agree that the Russians moved the last of the WMDs out of Iraq in the last few months before the war.”

Read more:
PJ Media » Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria

Those who believe that the WMD being used by Assad just happened to come into Syria by wishes should check the wacky weed they are using.

Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria​

The history books on this issue shouldn’t be written just yet.​

by Ryan Mauro
June 6, 2010

Ha’aretz has revived the mystery surrounding the inability to find weapons of mass destruction stockpiles in Iraq, the most commonly cited justification for Operation Iraqi Freedom and one of the most embarrassing episodes for the United States. Satellite photos of a suspicious site in Syria are providing new support for the reporting of a Syrian journalist who briefly rocked the world with his reporting that Iraq’s WMD had been sent to three sites in Syria just before the invasion commenced.

The newspaper reveals that a 200 square-kilometer area in northwestern Syria has been photographed by satellites at the request of a Western intelligence agency at least 16 times, the most recent being taken in January. The site is near Masyaf, and it has at least five installations and hidden paths leading underneath the mountains. This supports the reporting of Nizar Nayouf, an award-winning Syrian journalist who said in 2004 that his sources confirmed that Saddam Hussein’s WMDs were in Syria.

One of the three specific sites he mentioned was an underground base underneath Al-Baida, which is one kilometer south of Masyaf. This is a perfect match. The suspicious features in the photos and the fact that a Western intelligence agency is so interested in the site support Nayouf’s reporting, showing that his sources in Syria did indeed have access to specific information about secret activity that is likely WMD-related. Richard Radcliffe, one of my co-writers at WorldThreats.com, noticed that Masyaf is located on a road that goes from Hamah, where there is an airfield sufficient to handle relatively large aircraft, into Lebanon and the western side of the Bekaa Valley, another location said to house Iraqi weapons.

It seems to be commonly accepted that Iraq did not have WMDs at all. The intelligence was obviously flawed, but the book has not been closed on what actually happened. The media blasted the headline that Charles Duelfer, the head of the Iraq Survey Group tasked with finding out if Saddam had WMDs, concluded that a transfer did not occur. In reality, his report said they were “unable to complete its investigation and is unable to rule out the possibility that WMD was evacuated to Syria before the war” due to the poor security situation.
[Excerpt]

(snip)
The theory that Iraq’s WMD went to Syria is not a fringe conspiracy theory. John Loftus, a former Justice Department prosecutor known for his wide-ranging contacts in the intelligence community, said in an interview we did that “every senior member of a Western, European or Asian intelligence service whom I have ever met all agree that the Russians moved the last of the WMDs out of Iraq in the last few months before the war.”

Read more:
PJ Media » Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria

Those who believe that the WMD being used by Assad just happened to come into Syria by wishes should check the wacky weed they are using.

If this is the same John Loftus who is a member of the TLC-B and around ten years ago was its president, I would believe him.

Even if true, it doesn't matter. It sat stored then for a decade, Assad hasn't used it! Most of those killed in the chemical attack were plain civilians, not insurgents. Assad is fighting insurgents not the civilian population and NATO has already said that Assad enjoys a 70% support from the syrian people. At this point people, given the recent history in the ME, Russia's claims that this was a prearranged chemical attack by the US to frame Assad is more credible than the US and other western nations claims.

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran
The U.S. knew Hussein was launching some of the worst chemical attacks in history -- and still gave him a hand.

The U.S. government may be considering military action in response to chemical strikes near Damascus. But a generation ago, America's military and intelligence communities knew about and did nothing to stop a series of nerve gas attacks far more devastating than anything Syria has seen, Foreign Policy has learned.

In 1988, during the waning days of Iraq's war with Iran, the United States learned through satellite imagery that Iran was about to gain a major strategic advantage by exploiting a hole in Iraqi defenses. U.S. intelligence officials conveyed the location of the Iranian troops to Iraq, fully aware that Hussein's military would attack with chemical weapons, including sarin, a lethal nerve agent.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articl...rica_helped_saddam_as_he_gassed_iran?page=0,0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom