• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mortality rate is 0.296%

Generally speaking the "source" for any BELIEF (i.e. "I believe most of that difference is from under reporting of actual infections and hospital overcrowding.") is the believer.

Now if someone says "I was told that _"X"_.", or simply "_"X"_.", THEN, asking for a "source" makes sense.
My comment was based on several of his posts, thanks anyway for your superciliousness.

Yeah, me too. Electronics and with a medical history I am not looking forward to get sick regardless of the disease. And yes, both the Flue and Covid have a lot of similarities in their symptoms.

It's 1 or 2 months ago when I was reading a lot about the China connection. I found a couple of interesting things in this context that I would like to share with you.

A bunch of researchers have been exploring bat caves ever since SARS came down on us some years back in time. As a matter of fact, I believe they are still doing that today. During this time they have found hundreds of new corona viruses. Interestingly, one particular virus has an almost identical fingerprint as Covid-19. Now that is not proof of course, but it is a strong indication. And since these 2 viruses are so similar, I do believe that it is entirely possible that they wanted to do further research and screwed up. This is not the kind of thing you want to make a mistake, but people make mistakes and in some countries they make more mistakes than others for a variety of reasons. Money is one of them. Experience is most definitely an other one. And even know-how plays part in this. In addition to this, several scientists have stated that when looking at the build-up of the virus they can not see any evidence that the virus is man-made or even modified from an existing virus. But basically, until this point I tend to go along with you.

But than you also mention that China was trying to develop biological weapons. Well this, by itself, may be true. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it is true. I mean the end of the day, China has zero respect for international agreements and zero respect for people. They do not even respect their own people. What bugs me though is this; Why would they try to make a biological weapon that is not anywhere near as effective as some known agents? Some people also say that they 'tried it out' on their own people. This I find even harder to believe. I hold the Chinese government in a very low regard (about as low as it can get, really), but they are not that stupid I think.

But here we are discussing this, and we both know full well that we will probably never get to know the truth, if there is more to it than we know.

And lets be honest. It is entirely possible that it is just a mutated variant of an existing virus that got the chance to spread among humans. I am not saying that is the case, but I do say that at present their is little evidence to support either theory. And until proven, that's what they are; Theories. And the reason I would like to reiterate this option is also simple. Most of the time explanations for what has happened are simple and not complicated.

Fact remains; We don't know.

Joey

I agree with the last couple points you post. We don't KNOW now and we probably will not KNOW with certainty what happened with any reliable details.

I have also heard that the virus was not engineered, as in creating a new DNA artificially in the lab. I wonder, though, if this was bred in the lab like a thoroughbred horse.

Speaking strategically from a weaponization point of view, the ideal virus spreads easily, becomes transmittable before symptoms display and kills slowly to allow the greatest number of folks treating the patients to be exposed.

What's missing in this virus is a high degree of lethality. Is there a reason to make me suspect that this weaponized virus is being used to plot a strategic biological war? Yes.

The biological warfare types around the world, connected to this development or not, has watched what happened.

They watched the spread gauging all aspects. It's very likely that they have built this new knowledge into their planning.

As you say, the Chinese are particularly unconcerned with humanity. However, they seem pretty concerned with dominating things.

Is it better to destroy Europe using the Eighth Air Force or just show up after everyone dies leaving the infrastructure in place?

Imagine this same pattern and speed of spread with a virus that kills 50% of the population instead of .005% of the population.

I also find it interesting that the TARGETS of this virus are the elderly. Could this have been intended to be a solution to caring for the elderly within China that went wrong? About 90% of the fatalities in the US are aged 60 and up.

Next year's "mistake" in handling a laboratory virus by the Chinese might prove to be less containable, more deadly and more widespread in its targeting.

The biological warfare types around the world, connected to this development or not, has watched what happened. They watched the spread gauging all aspects. It's very likely that they have built this new knowledge into their planning.

I never gave this a thought, but you have convinced me. Sure they are analyzing every aspect of this outbreak. The military that is. And they should. It is not often they have the opportunity to study the behavior of a loose virus with such a wide spread devastating impact.

But as far as biological weapons go, I think you would want something as deadly as Ebola and as contagious as the flue or this Covid-19 virus. When this subject came up in the past, some scientist said about Ebola that Ebola was too successful for its own good. As in it killed to quick and therefore limiting its spread. And Ebola was not airborne if I am not mistaken, which also limits its impact significantly.

Joey

I never gave this a thought, but you have convinced me. Sure they are analyzing every aspect of this outbreak. The military that is. And they should. It is not often they have the opportunity to study the behavior of a loose virus with such a wide spread devastating impact.

But as far as biological weapons go, I think you would want something as deadly as Ebola and as contagious as the flue or this Covid-19 virus. When this subject came up in the past, some scientist said about Ebola that Ebola was too successful for its own good. As in it killed to quick and therefore limiting its spread. And Ebola was not airborne if I am not mistaken, which also limits its impact significantly.

Joey

I'm sorry. I don't read posts that edit away my my words.

I don't read posts that edit away my my words.

Hi Code,

That's just fine. I did not ask you to read it. I just elaborated on one aspect of your post for everyone else who reads this thread. If it was directed to you personally I would have addressed you. And I always edit away the parts that I am not elaborating on to keep the thread more readable. It helps to focus.

Joey

Hi Code,

That's just fine. I did not ask you to read it. I just elaborated on one aspect of your post for everyone else who reads this thread. If it was directed to you personally I would have addressed you. And I always edit away the parts that I am not elaborating on to keep the thread more readable. It helps to focus.

Joey

Sounds odd to not be addressing me when responding to me when referencing a quote.

In any event, distorting the post to make you point is questionable.

As bad as this pandemic is using it for political purposes isn't justified as it is a pandemic that can be controlled by personal responsibility actions. Blaming others is easy especially for you and others when the reality is you control whether or not you get the virus. It is so sad that you and others want to make this political, it isn't and never will be. Rather than always focusing on the negatives why aren't you focused on anything positive and the reality that millions of Americans have contracted the disease with little or no symptoms but aren't being counted in the recovery? Gloom and doom seems to resonate solely in that liberal world of yours and that makes for a miserable life

I'm focusing on the reality which you deny. The reality that because of Trump there is more negative as a result of His handling of the pandemic than positive, and that there are guidelines that need be followed to save lives that put you outside of your me, me, me comfort zone. You're pushing the line of pretending everything is just fine and to ignore the bad. That's denial and the true indication that you refuse to take the responsibility you have of protecting others from yourself. You think you have the constitutional right to have no social responsibility, which is wrong. People in denial tend to refuse responsibility incumbent on them, like Trump has done, motivated by self-interest, and is a defense mechanism against mentally disturbing facts and ideas. You refuse to do your part. Like Trump, it’s all about you. See you on another thread.

The Worldometer "Deaths per million" figure is based on ALL cases including the unresolved ones ["(deaths) ÷ [(deaths) + (recovered) + (active)]. The "Deaths per million (closed cases)" excludes all unresolved cases and uses only "(deaths) ÷ [(deaths) + (recovered)]. Since the "Deaths per million (closed cases)" is actually equal to Worldometer's "Deaths per million" divided by "Clearance Rate" I prefer the "Deaths per million (closed cases)" metric as I think that it is actually a more realistic measure.

Please feel free to differ (and provide a rationale for the difference) if you feel like it.

I think in the final analysis, once the pandemic is "over" and all figures are in and the official, final figures are decided, what you say would be a good measure by which to reason various comparison. I go by what the science community goes by because that's the term being used in communication of fact around the pandemic. It is still an accurate measure of improvement or decline and trending, and an earlier predictor of future death than are closed cases, IMO.

I'm focusing on the reality which you deny. The reality that because of Trump there is more negative as a result of His handling of the pandemic than positive, and that there are guidelines that need be followed to save lives that put you outside of your me, me, me comfort zone. You're pushing the line of pretending everything is just fine and to ignore the bad. That's denial and the true indication that you refuse to take the responsibility you have of protecting others from yourself. You think you have the constitutional right to have no social responsibility, which is wrong. People in denial tend to refuse responsibility incumbent on them, like Trump has done, motivated by self-interest, and is a defense mechanism against mentally disturbing facts and ideas. You refuse to do your part. Like Trump, it’s all about you. See you on another thread.

There is no stop to your anti Trump posting which defies even basic civics and understanding of state and local responsibilities. You act like Trump rhetoric was going to be accepted by Blue state governors ignoring the actions of those governors and when the deaths started. They had plenty of time to react and plenty of information to base those reactions but failed yet people like you ignore that to blame a President;

You are a typical liberal who puts ideology above reality and responsibility. you vote for the ideology over and over again ignoring results and expecting different ones. Radical liberalism that yu support is the problem, not Trump, that ideology is insanity, voting over and over again and expecting different results. You will do anything to divert from the reality that almost 50% of the COVID 19 deaths came from the top 6 liberal states in the country and the way to divert from that reality is to attack and continue to attack appealing to the minions who have been indoctrinated just like you. When you figure out that no President controls state and local activities and that Trump had nothing to do with the rioting, looting, and racial inequality in the cities, you will have a real awakening but I don't expect that to happen

Back
Top Bottom