• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mort Zuckerman Admits He Helped Write One Of Obama's Speeches

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I think this has probably been going on for a while. When Morning Joe's Mika Brzblablabla (too lazy to look up the spelling) makes an outright statement she's working WITH the White House on talking points, it's no surprise one of the Morning Joe regulars is helping write speeches for Obama. The MSNBC team is most likely unofficially of course, part OF the White House PR team, which explains their low ratings across the board. I'm sure we'll find out in the coming years just how much.

That said, it may be that Fox was part of the Bush administration as well --- though I'm not aware of any direct evidence of that and given the hate for Bush and FN -- it probably would have been outed by now.

This is blatant though. Are we sure Olbermann isn't really giving Obama hints on who to attack next?

Why is this a surprise to anyone?
Most Politicians are such lazy buggers, that although they can and willingly do orate anywhere to anyone who may listen, the idea of sitting down and writing a speech is almost beyond their capability.
Thus nearly everyone of them needs a script/speechwriter.
Would not surprise me if Obama's speeches did not include instructions on when to 'pause to look at teleprompters' and also when to 'pause to smile at audience'.

.... every president has speechwriters.

oh my God [/s]
Obama does not write all of his speeches by himself
no way could this be a common practice [/s]

I see both deuce and bubba have the partisan cheerleader blinders on.

you want us to believe dubya bin lyin wrote his speeches by himself? no way. he only chose the pictures
his dad needed help with his speeches as did ronnie raygun
but convince us that was not the case ... that all presidents wrote their own speeches without outside help

you want us to believe dubya bin lyin wrote his speeches by himself? no way. he only chose the pictures
but convince us that was not the case ... that all presidents wrote their own speeches without outside help

Put your thinking cap on. This is not my argument. :lol:

So does this make his media unbiased, or does it make the media look like the propaganda wing of the administration....

Your thoughts. :ssst:

I don't think .001 % of the media writing a speech for Obama proves much about the media.

There would have been no comment from Left field if Sean Hannity was writing speeches for Bush?

There would have been no comment from Left field if Sean Hannity was writing speeches for Bush?

I certainly would not have cared, nor tried to suggest it proved anything about the media.

I certainly would not have cared, nor tried to suggest it proved anything about the media.

Fair enough, though I highly doubt other liberals everywhere would've shared your opinion. You are far too rational.

Fair enough, though I highly doubt other liberals everywhere would've shared your opinion. You are far too rational.

It's the liberals being rational in this thread.

I don't think .001 % of the media writing a speech for Obama proves much about the media.

As much as 0.001% Redress?
My you are being generous.

It's the liberals being rational in this thread.

are pigs flying too?

is Hell freezing over?

did Obama join the NRA?

Did hillary look foxy?

If Sean Hannity had written a Bush speech I would have thought "Oh so Hannity is writing speeches now too. What's for lunch?"

Now, if Sean Hannity had written an Obama speech, I would have done a double-take.

Characteristics of being a good speechwriter:
1) Good writer
2) Knows speaker's mannerisms and strengths.
3) Can write a speech in a manner that agrees with what the speaker would like to say.

Media people tend to also have these characteristics.

But I guess I just have partisan blinders on so maybe I'm wrong.

I remember reading somewhere, that the only President in recent history that wrote his own speeches was JFK. Not sure if that is true, but it could be, since he was an excellent writer.

I remember reading somewhere, that the only President in recent history that wrote his own speeches was JFK. Not sure if that is true, but it could be, since he was an excellent writer.

I think some of you are missing my point. The point is, we shouldn't have a conflict of interest of people who are in charge of bringing us the news, writing for a politician...

regardless of politician.

If rupert murdoc wrote for bush, I'd feel the same way. leaves a sour taste in ones mouth.

I think some of you are missing my point. The point is, we shouldn't have a conflict of interest of people who are in charge of bringing us the news, writing for a politician...

regardless of politician.

If rupert murdoc wrote for bush, I'd feel the same way. leaves a sour taste in ones mouth.

I think people are missing the point intentionally.

So does this make his media unbiased, or does it make the media look like the propaganda wing of the administration....

The latter, and it's true of any administration.

Your thoughts. :ssst:

Pat Buchanan wrote virtually all of Richard Nixon's speeches. I am cool with that too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom