• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morris: Obama doesn’t have a clue

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
LINK> Morris: Obama doesn

This is what happens when the press does not vet the president.
It happened when the protected Clinton and propagandized for him, now we have an even bigger problem.

And our enemies around the world are starting to buzz like a hornets nest. They smell weakness and opportunity on a scale they could have only fantasized about a mere 3 years ago.

Now is the time they have been waiting for. And they are chanting Yes We Can...

And the truth begins to dawn on all of us: Obama has no more idea how to work his way out of the economic mess into which his policies have plunged us than he does about how to clean up the oil spill that is destroying our southern coastline.

Both the financial crisis and the oil come ever closer to our shores — one from the east and the other from the south — and, between them, they loom as a testament to the incompetence of our government and of its president.

And, oddly, to his passivity as well. After pursuing a remarkably activist, if misguided and foolhardy, agenda, Obama seems not to know what to do and finds himself consigned to the roles of observer and critic.

America is getting the point that its president doesn’t have a clue.

Last edited:
doesn't dick morris have some toes to suck somewhere?

Dick Morris? I'm sorry, but there is no indication much different would have happened under republican leadership. Silly comments like this by Morris neither help nor enlighten. It's just partisan silliness meant to fire up the base. It should not be taken seriously. Without the silliness, let's discuss what should have been done that wasn't, and what was done that hurt or helped. This would be more productive.

Dick Morris? I'm sorry, but there is no indication much different would have happened under republican leadership. Silly comments like this by Morris neither help nor enlighten. It's just partisan silliness meant to fire up the base. It should not be taken seriously. Without the silliness, let's discuss what should have been done that wasn't, and what was done that hurt or helped. This would be more productive.

OK....do that for us!

OK....do that for us!

You did not actually expect Boo Radley to address a single point or comment in the Op/Ed, the OP or not try to change the subject, now did you?:roll:

I don't care much for Morris myself, but his Op/Ed does express a sentiment that is becoming more and more prevalent with each passing day, as Obama's poll numbers continue to slide. When it comes to PR his recent choices do indeed signal the appearance of someone who just has no clue.

Several of my friends who voted for him have began to express serious reservations about their choice. But that is just anecdotal.;)

OK....do that for us!

No problem. Do you think republicans would not have bailed out the auto industry, or Walstreet, or spent money on a stimulus? These were concerete actions taken. What actions do you think shouldn't have bene taken and what actions would you take?

LOL Boo, do you live under a rock?

Chris Matthews: "This president is NOT acting like Commander-in-Chief!"

An amazing awakening has just occurred today at MSNBC. Chris Matthews, yes the same one that got the tingle up his leg when he heard Obama speak, has finally done it! He actually criticized Obama and his incompetent leadership. In a rather lengthy diatribe, Matthews really gave it to the President and raised many valid points.

Is this the "partisan silliness" to which you speak? :lamo

MUST WATCH: Matthews Loses Tingle | The FOX Nation

doesn't dick morris have some toes to suck somewhere?

Keep in mind, zimmer is the poster who also gave us the sickening racist post depicting the President as a monkey throwing **** around a toilet....

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-media/73738-beck-smeres-obama-11-year-old-daugter-3.html#post1058778888

This type of 'humor' is something you might find at Stormfront or any white pride fringe site. Sadly Zimmer felt he could bring it hear.

He has no credibility as a person or an American. And his liking Dick Morris, makes Morris less credible, IMO.

No problem. Do you think republicans would not have bailed out the auto industry, or Walstreet, or spent money on a stimulus? These were concerete actions taken. What actions do you think shouldn't have bene taken and what actions would you take?
How odd that once again, you just can't seem to address the actual OP or even a single comment from the Morris Op/Ed, instead opting to try to derail the thread. If you want to discuss something else, perhaps you should a start and thread and do so?

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
Let's cease with the personal attacks and trolling before any more infractions are handed out in this thread shall we?

Now, Quoting you; "Without the silliness, let's discuss what should have been done that wasn't, and what was done that hurt or helped. This would be more productive."

Personally I doubt that the Republicans would have done much different the O'Bama / Pelosi gang ....just guessing....Give me your view point..............be productive

Last edited:
Now, Quoting you; "Without the silliness, let's discuss what should have been done that wasn't, and what was done that hurt or helped. This would be more productive."

Personally I doubt that the Republicans would have done much different the O'Bama / Pelosi gang ....just guessing....Give me your view point..............be productive

Yes, I doubt anyone would have done much different. I don't say this as a criticism, but as a point of fact. Can you show me what they would have done differently that would have been more effective?

Yes, I doubt anyone would have done much different. I don't say this as a criticism, but as a point of fact. Can you show me what they would have done differently that would have been more effective?

You seem unwilling to step out the and express your own opinions, just simply mirror what I said....but hey, I'll tell you what I think....To start with, although I claim to be very conservative, I'm not a republican, or a dumacrat....don't like either party......the problems facing the U.S. is deficit spending...not something GW did, or O'Bama, but what congress has done.....congress has become nothing more then a bunch of Elitists, much like the politburo of the old soviet union. Congress, made up of republicans and democrats spend and fund programs (that we cannot afford) in pursuit of votes that will keep their respective parties in power. Legislation is usually a result of who spent the most money, or who will provide the most votes. And not for the benefit of constituents.

The current crisis with banking could have been prevented, had both, or either party heeded the early warnings concerning banking practices. Fannie Mae and Fred got out of control. I suspect that the Democarts are more at fault here then the republicans....do I know that for a fact? No. But Congress as a whole is certainly at fault.

I probably would have bailed out the auto industry simply because of the potential job losses, but the banking industry i would have left completely to their devices.

The monetary crisis we're facing cannot be left unattended, we cannot continue to fund programs that we cannot afford....and there are a lot.

The recent health care bill is an example, as I understand it, we can't afford it. But whats worse, is many of our congressman voted for it without reading it. Now thats criminal in and of it's self. I think the dumacrats voted for it simply to show the republicans who is in power. The republicans voted against it simply because the weren't allowed any input, or just because it was a democrat sponsored bill. Just to show how stupid our government Bureaucracy is, during the bank and auto industry bailout, we loaned $527B dollars to build an auto plant in Finland....we can't do this, we can't provide education, health care, housing, social security, and cheap loans to to ever yahoo that strolls across our borders legally, or illegally.

Now I'm ranting....given you a good target....my hope is this year we will replace a large part of congress with a new set of criminal....H

Last edited:
LINK> Morris: Obama doesn

This is what happens when the press does not vet the president.
It happened when the protected Clinton and propagandized for him, now we have an even bigger problem.

And our enemies around the world are starting to buzz like a hornets nest. They smell weakness and opportunity on a scale they could have only fantasized about a mere 3 years ago.

Now is the time they have been waiting for. And they are chanting Yes We Can...

Funny, when you listen to intelligent people talk about Obama's economic policy they make it sound like he does in fact have a clue. The first clue being that this mess was created through 8 years of conservative rule, the idea that it could be fixed or even handed off in 18 months proves, once again, that Dick Morris is a boob.

Dick Morris and his cadre of numskull commentators at Fox E-News have been wrong on so many things, so many times now that I'm surprised any of you cons would have the nerve to quote anything they say. :shrug:

All of which plunged into unimaginable debt and will serve only to prolong this economic crisis much, much longer, perhaps to the point that we will never recover.

Our debt is now 90 percent of GDP. How we get out of that, I do not know. That's exactly what Greece did, and they reached the point of no return.

Funny, when you listen to intelligent people talk about Obama's economic policy they make it sound like he does in fact have a clue. The first clue being that this mess was created through 8 years of conservative rule, the idea that it could be fixed or even handed off in 18 months proves, once again, that Dick Morris is a boob.

Dick Morris and his cadre of numskull commentators at Fox E-News have been wrong on so many things, so many times now that I'm surprised any of you cons would have the nerve to quote anything they say. :shrug:

Keep singing it, no one's buying it. Obama has taken a bad situation and multiplied it ten-fold. He owns this now, sorry.

One thing for sure is that Obama was way over sold. He is long on rhetoric and short on leadership. He has greatly disappointed his own base by proving himself little more than a typical politician. Being President is hard and he is not dong a good job on any front that I can see. We just cannot say that it wouldn't be any better or worse had someone else been President. So that doesn't excuse anything Obama has done. I wouldn't call him without a clue but I would say he is overwhelmed.

All of which plunged into unimaginable debt and will serve only to prolong this economic crisis much, much longer, perhaps to the point that we will never recover.

Our debt is now 90 percent of GDP. How we get out of that, I do not know. That's exactly what Greece did, and they reached the point of no return.

You can add to that fact that Obama's own actuary has stated that his policies won't work as he thinks, specifically his health care plan, which does tend to add to the clueless pedigree.;)

To start with, although I claim to be very conservative, I'm not a republican,
Not since some point in the GWBush admin you mean... like the vast majority of todays "Independents".

the problems facing the U.S. is deficit spending
No, the real problem is the control of our government by Special Interest groups; namely, publically traded corporations. It's SIGs that dictate what laws are enacted and how our tax dollars are spent.

The current crisis with banking could have been prevented, had both, or either party heeded the early warnings concerning banking practices. Fannie Mae and Fred got out of control. I suspect that the Democarts are more at fault here then the republicans....do I know that for a fact? No. But Congress as a whole is certainly at fault.
Why do cons trot out Fanny and Freddy first instead of AIG and the investment houses like Goldman and the mortgage companies like Countrywide?

I probably would have bailed out the auto industry simply because of the potential job losses, but the banking industry i would have left completely to their devices.
Had you earned a MEcon or PHD in economics you'd probably agree with the majority of the erudite.

The monetary crisis we're facing cannot be left unattended, we cannot continue to fund programs that we cannot afford....and there are a lot.
It's not being left unattended.
The recent health care bill is an example, as I understand it, we can't afford it. But whats worse, is many of our congressman voted for it without reading it.
Not for lack of opportunity, I mean it was debated for more than a year.

Now thats criminal in and of it's self. I think the dumacrats voted for it simply to show the republicans who is in power. The republicans voted against it simply because the weren't allowed any input, or just because it was a democrat sponsored bill. Just to show how stupid our government Bureaucracy is, during the bank and auto industry bailout, we loaned $527B dollars to build an auto plant in Finland....we can't do this, we can't provide education, health care, housing, social security, and cheap loans to to ever yahoo that strolls across our borders legally, or illegally.
You mean the "repugnicans" don't you? After all, you did say you hated both parties... :doh
I guess in all of your news watching and researching you never ran across numbers like; 788 republican amendments were thrown at the Bill (most were just to stall the process) and 161 of them were adopted.
Now I'm ranting....given you a good target....my hope is this year we will replace a large part of congress with a new set of criminal....H
I'm afraid your targeting is a bit off.

Keep singing it, no one's buying it. Obama has taken a bad situation and multiplied it ten-fold. He owns this now, sorry.
Praying for this to be true won't help, but if it makes you feel better, keep at it.

One thing for sure is that Obama was way over sold. He is long on rhetoric and short on leadership. He has greatly disappointed his own base by proving himself little more than a typical politician. Being President is hard and he is not dong a good job on any front that I can see. We just cannot say that it wouldn't be any better or worse had someone else been President. So that doesn't excuse anything Obama has done. I wouldn't call him without a clue but I would say he is overwhelmed.
Seriously? You actually thought a single politician would be able to take control of and strip the power from the most powerful corporatocracy in history and return that power to the People?? :rofl

Seriously? You actually thought a single politician would be able to take control of and strip the power from the most powerful corporatocracy in history and return that power to the People?? :rofl

Seriously, I don't know about you folks, but it sure is funny how NLJ manages to quote posters and then make comments that don't address the quotes. Preferring instead to go off on harangues and diatribes that again, don't address what was said to him or quoted by him. The strawman game is strong with this one...........................

You seem unwilling to step out the and express your own opinions, just simply mirror what I said....but hey, I'll tell you what I think....To start with, although I claim to be very conservative, I'm not a republican, or a dumacrat....don't like either party......the problems facing the U.S. is deficit spending...not something GW did, or O'Bama, but what congress has done.....congress has become nothing more then a bunch of Elitists, much like the politburo of the old soviet union. Congress, made up of republicans and democrats spend and fund programs (that we cannot afford) in pursuit of votes that will keep their respective parties in power. Legislation is usually a result of who spent the most money, or who will provide the most votes. And not for the benefit of constituents.

The recent health care bill is an example, as I understand it, we can't afford it. But whats worse, is many of our congressman voted for it without reading it. Now thats criminal in and of it's self. I think the dumacrats voted for it simply to show the republicans who is in power. The republicans voted against it simply because the weren't allowed any input, or just because it was a democrat sponsored bill. Just to show how stupid our government Bureaucracy is, during the bank and auto industry bailout, we loaned $527B dollars to build an auto plant in Finland....we can't do this, we can't provide education, health care, housing, social security, and cheap loans to to ever yahoo that strolls across our borders legally, or illegally.

Here's why I doubt your opening claim:

republican, or a dumacrat. That shows a real preference.

And all of then have done deficit spending. This is why I suggest it would be no different on this issue regardless of party. Real damning and partisan stuff I know. I would have done better to say repugs or something like that to show my neutrality. And yes, both parties hold some blame, and I suggest nothing different than that. You actually seem to be agreeing with me with some weird misplaced outrage I don't quite follow.

But I will say this about health care, we can't afford not to do something. Health care has been a drain on us without reform. True, more could have been done and still can be done to reduce the burden, but it has been mostly the opposition that has made this less likely. Them and weak democrats. The system as it was simply was too expensive and cost us far too much for too little. I personally hope we haven't seen the last word on health care reform, but not taking the current step would not have made anything better. Health care would still be a drain on us, contributing to the deficit.

However, this is about partisan hyperbole about the other side not having a clue. You and I both seem to agree both parties are to blame, even if you do use words like dumacrat. Perhaps, on this subject (not health care), you can articulate exactly what you disagree with me on?

Last edited:

All of them have been heavily into deficit spending. Heck Reagan was a fan of deficit spending. What I find distrubing is each side only dislikes it when the other side is doing it. When Bush was doing his tax cut and spend, too few conservatives were up in arms. If you're opposed to deficit spending, be so regardless of who is in power.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom