• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moronsburg Address?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
4173B29A-584B-43D2-B924-8E9844D3DDC5.jpg

You know it’s gonna be Gettysburg, right?

View attachment 67290885

You know it’s gonna be Gettysburg, right?
Can't be the White House, due to Hatch Act. No one but the Pres & Pence can legally show up.

Actually, if Gettysburg is federal property, that's out - too.

But I've got to ask:

"Does anyone believe Trump can add up "four score & seven years"?

I'm not sure. The White House is tempting to Donnie.

We taxpayers would be stuck with the bill for hosting a Trump political event.
It would be illegal. Hatch Act violation.

Can't be the White House, due to Hatch Act. No one but the Pres & Pence can legally show up.

But I've got to ask:

hahahaha

sane presidents...

"Let's do 'X'."
"Sir, that's against the law."
"Oh, okay. What are our other options?"

Trump...

"Let's do 'X'."
"Sir, that's against the law."
"Damn, ****ing straight we're doing it then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Makes it that much more appealing!
But when you're a Red State President, why Gettysburg? Wouldn't that symbolism alienate them? Or do they see it as the South coming back to claim victory? Do they take over the town on day three, rather than retreat?

So many questions ...

But I've got to ask:

Who owns Mt. Rushmore?

FFS, can we please vote Dunderhead Lincoln out soon?

Four score and seven hookers ago, our forefathers facepalmed a nation of imbeciles who have achieved idiocracy five hundred years early. The world will not remember the word salad I spewed here as it will be watching cat videos, but it will long remember the milk war with Canada and person, woman, man, camera, TV. Person, woman, man, camera, tv. See, I did it again? Take that.

*drops open umbrella, scowls, and walks to the helicopter

He should do it from one of his resorts, that way he can have cheering fans (who paid thousands to be there),

Who owns Mt. Rushmore?
I see a huge difference.

Mt Rushmore was legally classified a 4th of July address. This is a convention. I sure as hell would bring suit, if I had standing.

I'm not sure. The White House is tempting to Donnie.

We taxpayers would be stuck with the bill for hosting a Trump political event.

I can see Gettysburg being more in line with the narrative Trump likes to push about being under attack by those who want to change things.

I see a huge difference.

Mt Rushmore was legally classified a 4th of July address. This is a convention. I sure as hell would bring suit, if I had standing.

Every time Trump steps up to a microphone, it becomes a political event.

Go to the nearest landfill.

So...let me get this straight....

Trumpy is considering to have his acceptance speech at Gettysburg? The man who believes that it is okay to fly the Confederate battle flag and to keep monuments to those who gave orders that purposely killed their fellow Americans to protect a way of life that included slavery?

The same sight were Lincoln wrote his famous speech...honoring the Union soldiers and their deeds, their sacrifices and those who gave their "last, full measure" to preserve the Union?

When I go to Gettysburg, there is a part of the battlefield where the Union forces barely held line. I go there every time. They held against the Confederate onslaught. They held against an enemy that wanted America to split, to die, to give up on its ideals and allow them to lead a life that included slavery. And those Union boys and men, fought and died where they stood. Holding the line. Almost breaking. But they held on, beat back those who would destroy America.

And this president, who supports waving the Confederate battle flag around...a flag used not in peaceful protest but as a banner to follow to kill fellow Americans...and thinks we should keep the monuments of those not only wanted to destroy America...but raised armies to kill their fellow Americans for the very purpose...wants to do his acceptance speech there?

That hallowed ground? Such disrespect. How DARE he!?!?

I was going to say, "Mr. Trump...you are no Lincoln." But honestly...the more correct thing to say is, "Mr. Trump...you are no American."

Someone pointed out that the “Gettysburg Address” took all of three minutes to deliver......

Be careful; if he manages to cheat the election like he's trying to, such threads will get you a room at Gitmo! :shock:

Probably as his speech there was the nail in the Hildabeast >> it was over right there

And to think, that moron is someone you look UP to.... :lamo

Back
Top Bottom