• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morning Hangover, GOP Drank Too Much Trump

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I imagine the GOPers have a lot of regrets about last night. :lol:

“Candidate Trump needs to better understand that he is now the titular head of the G.O.P.,” said Scott W. Reed, senior political strategist for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. “His words and actions will have an impact on the over 6,000 G.O.P. candidates running for office — from federal races down to the courthouse.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/28/us/politics/donald-trump-campaign.html?&_r=0

That's funny. True. Now Trump will have to become a bit more conservative as regards his rhetoric. That could be good or bad for his fellow Repubs.

That's funny. True. Now Trump will have to become a bit more conservative as regards his rhetoric. That could be good or bad for his fellow Repubs.

He is clearly going to have to start playing the game...which will piss off all those people who voted for him because he does not play the game. And, if he refuses to play the game, this will get ugly real fast.

It's going to be a very entertaining summer. Especially with Hillary vs Bernie as the undercard. But, Trump vs The GOP is definitely a must-see main event.

I think it's even too late for the GOP to get into rehab. Is there any plausible way Trump could not be the Republican nominee?

I think it's even too late for the GOP to get into rehab. Is there any plausible way Trump could not be the Republican nominee?

He's the nominee. But, what he is not...at least not yet, is the leader of the Party. That fight is just getting started.

thr gop is falling into line fairly quickly

Amazing! Just a short time ago the republican establishment was talking about how devastating it would be if Trump won the nomination. Now they are crawling all over themselves to kiss Trumps ass! Party of principle my ass!

Do you think Trump has thought that far?

I'm not sure what to make of Trump. Personally, I believe this whole thing was just a publicity stunt that somehow turned into a nomination as the GOP's candidate for president. :lol: It really is funny, when you think about it.

Maybe they'll now come to appreciate Roe v Wade! :mrgreen:

[alright - I realize that was tasteless, but I couldn't resist]

“Candidate Trump needs to better understand that he is now the titular head of the G.O.P.,” said Scott W. Reed, senior political strategist for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. “His words and actions will have an impact on the over 6,000 G.O.P. candidates running for office — from federal races down to the courthouse.”

ROTFLMAO. I think it's funny as hell when leftists try to give advice to non-leftists. It's confirmation the left is in panic mode.

I wonder what Scott W. Reed would say about Hillary being the titular head of the leftists? She being corrupt to the bone and all. :lamo

ROTFLMAO. I think it's funny as hell when leftists try to give advice to non-leftists. It's confirmation the left is in panic mode.

I wonder what Scott W. Reed would say about Hillary being the titular head of the leftists? She being corrupt to the bone and all. :lamo

more nade up right wing craziness.

more nade up right wing craziness.

Of course I made it up. Duh!

You leftists need to relax and enjoy life a little. Having your panties twisted all the time isn't healthy.

Of course I made it up. Duh!

You leftists need to relax and enjoy life a little. Having your panties twisted all the time isn't healthy.

you right wingers arent trally known for having a sense oh humor

I'm not sure what to make of Trump. Personally, I believe this whole thing was just a publicity stunt that somehow turned into a nomination as the GOP's candidate for president. :lol: It really is funny, when you think about it.

If it weren't such a calamity. ;)

you right wingers arent trally known for having a sense oh humor

:2wave:

Sure we are. We are always laughing at the kook left. :lamo

The NY Times first said Trump would never run. He did.

Once he was an announced candidate, the NY Times said he would be a flash in the pan eclipsed by more polished candidates. He wasn't.

When he had some early successes, the NY Times said it wouldn't last and he would never be the GOP nominee. Wrong again.

The NY Times said Trump's unfavorables with women would sink him. A Gallup poll after the first debate, when all the GOP candidates were still in it, showed Trump's favorables among Republican women higher than almost anybody elses. Only Jeb Bush had higher favorables at 53% to Trump's 50%.

When he has had blistering press following some outrageous (make that politically incorrect) statement, the NY Times said each incident would alienate large voting blocks and finish him. That didn't happen either.

The NY Times pointed to all the nefarious characters and organizations the media was trying to use to tar Trump. None of that mattered.

The NY Times predicted the GOP efforts to derail the Trump train would put another candidate at the top. Nope.

And now we are supposed to believe the NY Times has a clue how successful Donald Trump will be in the general election?

When it comes to any kind of analysis of Donald Trump, I think I trust the opinion of others a whole bunch more than I do anybody on the New York Times staff.

The NY Times first said Trump would never run. He did.

Once he was an announced candidate, the NY Times said he would be a flash in the pan eclipsed by more polished candidates. He wasn't.

When he had some early successes, the NY Times said it wouldn't last and he would never be the GOP nominee. Wrong again.

The NY Times said Trump's unfavorables with women would sink him. A Gallup poll after the first debate, when all the GOP candidates were still in it, showed Trump's favorables among Republican women higher than almost anybody elses. Only Jeb Bush had higher favorables at 53% to Trump's 50%.

When he has had blistering press following some outrageous (make that politically incorrect) statement, the NY Times said each incident would alienate large voting blocks and finish him. That didn't happen either.

The NY Times pointed to all the nefarious characters and organizations the media was trying to use to tar Trump. None of that mattered.

The NY Times predicted the GOP efforts to derail the Trump train would put another candidate at the top. Nope.

And now we are supposed to believe the NY Times has a clue how successful Donald Trump will be in the general election?

When it comes to any kind of analysis of Donald Trump, I think I trust the opinion of others a whole bunch more than I do anybody on the New York Times staff.

My dear, it's only because Trump is the antithesis of NYT political agenda.

As you so well pointed out, at every turn, try as NYT might, tarnishing Trump with their ideologically based coverage, they weren't correct or successful in a single instance. I think that not only means that NYT's influence is on the wane, I think it also means that they are only preaching (screeching?) to their choir.

there ya go that is what I am looking for, the classic childish comment.

:lamo

I bet you can feel those panties bunching up right now.

Back
Top Bottom