• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morgan Freeman calls Tea Party racist

i have provided evidence for accusations against the Tea Party and certain leaders.

Maybe I've missed it. I've seen the same type of accusations that were made about Bush being made about Obama and some saying that is racist. And again though, if you can find two or three actual no questions asked examples it means little.

One of the biggest racists in the country ran for president on the Dem ticket. Does that mean the Dems are racist?

ahhh..but you are accusing the MEMBERS...while I was accusing the MOVEMENT.

Your arguement is indeed a movement. When you have to go to such lengths to try and defend your arguement, you know you have no arguement.

ahhh..but you are accusing the MEMBERS...while I was accusing the MOVEMENT.

;)

in short, go ahead and attack the Democratic Party, Progressivism, Liberalism all you like.

there is no movement without it's members.. they are one in the same.

just stop making blanket accusations.
yes , there are some racist Tea Partiers... this is established...but there is no valid reason to project their racism to all others who are affiliated by association.

The reality is that unemployment went up. … Even those outside sources have noted that this program while perhaps making small short term gains, they will simply reverse themselves in a short period and all we will be is further in debt.

So the stimulus program did work but not enough to prevent unemployment from going up after the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Well, thanks for that. And, more stimulus is clearly needed.

What folks who resist additional stimulus don't get is that the real cost to this nation in allowing this sputtering economy to continue is that the long term debt issue becomes more and more difficult to address. Each year the economy performs poorly, beyond the terrible human toll on those on the margins of the economy, the government is missing hundreds of billions of dollars in lost tax revenues. It is better to stimulate the economy with borrowed money now, than allow the economy to remain in the doldrums for years to come. Stimulus is a sound economic strategy, now and in the future.

.. yes, there are some racist Tea Partiers... this is established...but there is no valid reason to project their racism to all others who are affiliated by association.

I never said "all Tea-Party members are racist".

My evidence only suggests that they have a higher percentage of racists, than other political groups.

Not sure if the Tea Party is racist elsewhere, but they certainly are in my area - they absolutely loathe Hispanics. They also loathe Muslims and believe the Muslim faith tells them to overthrow non-Muslim nations. When I look at the stated objectives of the Tea Party on their website, it does not appear to be bigoted, but attending a couple of their rallies proved that appearance to be wrong.

I never said "all Tea-Party members are racist".

My evidence only suggests that they have a higher percentage of racists, than other political groups.

if you say the Tea Party is Racist, you are, indeed, saying they are all racist.

maybe such a bright fellow of yourself should put more time into choosing words more wisely?

if you say the Tea Party is Racist, you are, indeed, saying they are all racist...

no, I am not. One can call the Democratic Party racist without accusing all Democrats of being racist.

its simple logic. should we create a new thread to discuss this?

So the stimulus program did work but not enough to prevent unemployment from going up after the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Well, thanks for that. And, more stimulus is clearly needed.

You can say it worked despite unemployment going up, I disagree. Speaking about the new stimulus Obama wants, is what those he's asked for opinions on it's impact on unemployment have said that while it could make a small impact it would quickly reverse itself.

What folks who resist additional stimulus don't get is that the real cost to this nation in allowing this sputtering economy to continue is that the long term debt issue becomes more and more difficult to address. Each year the economy performs poorly, beyond the terrible human toll on those on the margins of the economy, the government is missing hundreds of billions of dollars in lost tax revenues. It is better to stimulate the economy with borrowed money now, than allow the economy to remain in the doldrums for years to come. Stimulus is a sound economic strategy, now and in the future.

Stimulus is not going to solve this.

no, I am not. One can call the Democratic Party racist without accusing all Democrats of being racist.

Nah. I thought you were catching on to the fallacy of the wide brush accusations. :shrug:

sorry, what you describe is simple anti-logic.... there is no movement or party without the members, they are one in the same.... end of story.

you further damage your credibility by pushing this argument, you should just stop now.

sorry, what you describe is simple anti-logic.... there is no movement or party without the members, they are one in the same.... end of story....

really?

as a member of the Democratic Party, ALL of their official views and platforms represent my views?

that is utter stupidity. juvenile & utter stupidity.

really?

as a member of the Democratic Party, ALL of their official views and platforms represent my views?

that is utter stupidity. juvenile & utter stupidity.

You said you were not speaking about individuals.

and I'm not. The Democratic Party has official views & platforms. These views & platforms do not represent all the views and desires of their membership.

So perhaps you can note for us the official racist views of the Tea Party.

This thread traveled down 10 miles of stupid.

a
awesome.. now we agree that the Tea Party is not racist.

you could have saved a lots of BS by agreeing to that from the outset

I never said they have any racist party platforms.

however, many of their leaders have indeed made many racist comments, and their rallies are full of racism.

this puts into question the party's commitment to racial tolerance and respect.

I never said they have any racist party platforms.

however, many of their leaders have indeed made many racist comments, and their rallies are full of racism.

this puts into question the party's commitment to racial tolerance and respect.

Your bigotry knows no bounds here.

Secret coded racist memes. Enemy has gots it.

No doubt. It's why they got so up in arms over TARP since as we all know that was nothing more than a give away to minorities.

Minorities - Definition - CEO's and bankers.

Its no secret im no fan of the teaparty, however, Morgan Freeman is wrong. The teapartys motivation is not racism, its all about power and money....Obama stands in the way of that as would any white liberal democrat

Its no secret im no fan of the teaparty, however, Morgan Freeman is wrong. The teapartys motivation is not racism, its all about power and money....Obama stands in the way of that as would any white liberal democrat

I would agree that the main motivation behind the tea party is not racism. However, to deny that there has been some ugly evidence of racism at tea party meetings and protests is to deny reality and visual evidence captured on film.

The teapartys motivation is not racism, its all about power and money...
I would agree that the main motivation behind the tea party is not racism. However, to deny that there has been some ugly evidence of racism at tea party meetings and protests is to deny reality and visual evidence captured on film.
This sums up my feelings. Had the incidences been sparse or had the Tea Party come out staunchly against such behavior, I would not feel the Tea Party to be bigoted. However, when a group allows members to wave racially-disgusting signs about Obama, shout racially-disgusting references to Hispanics and display both written and verbally the idea that all Muslims are terrorists on an on-going basis and does nothing to stop the behavior, then your group becomes firmly associated with whatever aberrant behavior it allows.

Back
Top Bottom