• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morgan Freeman calls Tea Party racist

Meh...when you got nothin...cry racism. Why not...

Mary Frances Berry; Professor of American Social Thought and History, U. Penn. :
"Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness."
It's pretty easy to criticize Tea Party policies. You don't need racism to critique them - even many in the main Republican Party don't like them so I see no evidence that the charges have much, if anything, to do with distracting from issues like unemployment. :shrug:

It's pretty easy to criticize Tea Party policies. You don't need racism to critique them - even many in the main Republican Party don't like them so I see no evidence that the charges have much, if anything, to do with distracting from issues like unemployment. :shrug:
Sure...criticize them for standing for a reduction of spending and reducing the federal debt. Criticize them for taking a stand against business as usual blank check politics. EMbrace the people in BOTH parties that have dug us into a 15.5 trillion dollar hole and level baseless charges of racism. Its comical that NOT allowing the federal government to spend your grandchildren into oblivion equates to wanting to see black folks hanging from the trees.

Luckily for those levelling the racism charges, there are retards out there stupid enough to agree with them.

Sure...criticize them for standing for a reduction of spending and reducing the federal debt. Criticize them for taking a stand against business as usual blank check politics.
There's nothing wrong with those things. I was talking about things specific to the Tea Party and the Tea Party Caucus in Congress not general things that most Americans (Republican and Democrat) agree on. :shrug:

Like I said, people can critique them for their policies fine enough. Racism isn't a distraction from that - it just isn't even required.

Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi|WOAI: San Antonio News

Gorge Rodriguez...President of the local Tea Party...and apparently a racist and a Nazi...

None of this is surprising. Its pathetic, but not surprising. We have talked about it for months. Democrats will not be able to run on their record so they will create a boogeyman. And yes...there are plenty of people stupid enough to fall for it.

Democrats will not be able to run on their record so they will create a boogeyman.
So one teacher is "the Democrats". Your logic is... impeccable.

Moreover, "the Democrats" aren't running against the Tea Party, particularly since the much of the main Republican Party doesn't care for it. In other words, the Tea Party doesn't have a big enough influence to be worth the Democrats creating a "boogeyman" out of it.

So one teacher is "the Democrats". Your logic is... impeccable.

Moreover, "the Democrats" aren't running against the Tea Party, particularly since the much of the main Republican Party doesn't care for it. In other words, the Tea Party doesn't have a big enough influence to be worth the Democrats creating a "boogeyman" out of it.

The democrats HAVE BEEN running on the Tea Party/racist platform for months. That you refuse to admit it speaks volumes about you. That you pretend this one teacher is the only one doing it, again...speaks volumes about you.

The democrats HAVE BEEN running on the Tea Party/racist platform for months. That you refuse to admit it speaks volumes about you.
That you pretend this one teacher is the only one doing it, again...speaks volumes about you.
You posted an article about one teacher and then called it "the Democrats". :shrug:

And again, the Democrats don't need to run a "racist platform" - the Tea Party isn't really that significant politically and it's specific policies particularly those supported by the Tea Party Caucus are easy to dismiss all by themselves. :)

the Tea Party makes this very easy to do.

wrong, the liberal mindset of using "racism" as a substitute for normal arguments is what is easy

wrong, the liberal mindset of using "racism" as a substitute for normal arguments is what is easy
Liberals criticize Republican policies all the time. Most of us only bring up racism when racist signs appear at rallies or when politicians say racist things. :shrug:

Liberals criticize Republican policies all the time. Most of us only bring up racism when racist signs appear at rallies or when politicians say racist things. :shrug:

yes, as if condemning racist statements is a bad thing.

should we instead apologize for them, embrace them, and tolerate them?

I think not.

when the Tea Party so often expresses racism, its no surprise the Democrats would use their own words against them.

that is a lie that the loony left often spews. the dems are the party of institutionalized racism

You posted an article about one teacher and then called it "the Democrats". :shrug:

And again, the Democrats don't need to run a "racist platform" - the Tea Party isn't really that significant politically and it's specific policies particularly those supported by the Tea Party Caucus are easy to dismiss all by themselves. :)
I posted THE LATEST of many. The ironic part, which you ignored, is that the head of the Tea Party that is so very very racist is hispanic.

Democrats have nothing. When you have nothing, default to the lowest common denominator.

I posted THE LATEST of many. The ironic part, which you ignored, is that the head of the Tea Party that is so very very racist is hispanic.
I didn't know being Hispanic made someone immune to racism. The more you know. And how did I "ignore" that when the ethnicity of the "head of the Tea Party" wasn't a topic of conversation until right now?

Democrats have nothing. When you have nothing, default to the lowest common denominator.
Nothing? Well Obama beats every Republican candidate in head to head polls, the public doesn't really like the Tea Party and not even the mainstream Republicans care for the Tea Party. So like I said, Dems don't need to push "a racism platform" (LOL) to dismiss them.

Morgan Freeman is entitled to his opinion. Other very well informed people, too, have reached that same conclusion; he's not alone. I think it's more complex than simple racism though.

Personally, the Tea Party people are primarily reactionaries. They are fundamentally white, upper middle class conservative people, fellow baby boomers, who see the world they know rapidly passing them by. By mid century Caucasians will merely be the plurality in this country, no longer the majority. People of color are finally being fully integrated into American society, and, yes, they aren't exactly comfortable with that; they simply cannot imagine a black family living in the upper quarters of the White House. Known homosexuals are no longer being automatically and universally shunned. Government is playing an increasingly more important role in our complex society. Agnosticism and atheism are among the fastest spreading religious persuasions. And, America is just a leading country among increasingly competitive nations around the world.

All of this was enough to deliver the angry white guy phenomenon of previous elections. But, now, on top of it all add the increasingly crushing pressure on the middle class to maintain their current lifestyles during a period of falling home values, flat salaries, a quarter of the population out of work or under employed, a federal government running trillion dollar deficits and these people have gone postal. They have become so irrational, that you see signs saying, "Keep your government hands off my medicare!"

The Tea Party people would be sympathetic if they weren't so ugly in their bizarre, even insane accusations and causes. We are faced with an irrational political movement which has already damaged the credit rating of the American nation and may be capable of far more harm going forward. Are they racist? Probably, yes, somewhat, but, probably in terms of what's really important, the thing to focus on is that they suffer from a kind of fear that is founded on a potent, intoxicating mixture of fact and fiction that makes them impervious to reasoned argument and compromise. The Tea Party is one of those forces of nature that must be diverted, deflected and survived.

Last edited:
what evidence do you have for your baseless and dishonest claim that I am a racist?

A few others here I might feel I needed to explain my point. I know you knew what it was.

..Personally, the Tea Party people are primarily reactionaries. They are fundamentally white, upper middle class conservative people, fellow baby boomers, who see the world they know rapidly passing them by. By mid century Caucasians will merely be the plurality in this country, no longer the majority. People of color are finally being fully integrated into American society, and, yes, they aren't exactly comfortable with that; they simply cannot imagine a black family living in the upper quarters of the White House. Known homosexuals are no longer being automatically and universally shunned...

...The Tea Party people would be sympathetic if they weren't so ugly in their bizarre, even insane accusations and causes. We are faced with an irrational political movement which has already damaged the credit rating of the American nation and may be capable of far more harm going forward. Are they racist? Probably, yes, somewhat,....

thank you for your wise comments.

Back
Top Bottom