• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morgan Freeman calls Tea Party racist

None of this has any effect on the fact that you have yet substantiate your claim that the Democrats are "throwing out the racist label" for any other reason than the presence of racist signs at TP rallies and racist statements made by Tea Party members.

I've made it clear that I don't perceive the Tea Party to be a racist organization in every thread where such accusations have come up. I've also made it clear that I understand why others disagree with me and do, in fact, perceive it to be racist. Moreover, I believe anyone who pretends that accusations that the Tea Party is racist are senseless are either dishonest or unperceptive.
This thread, which you felt storngly enough to respond to, is in regard to Morgan freeman levelling charges of racism. In recent weeks several democrats have levelled the charge of racism. Do a quick Google search for Tea Party and racism and you will see many people levelling the accusation. Many people on this site continue to do it. If people werent levelling the charge of racism towards the Tea Party on a regular basis we would be HAVING this discussion. Oh...I think we know WHY they level the charges. They simply cannot run on their economic record. They cant run on jobs. They cant run on peolosis promise of no new debt spending. They cant run on transparency and openness. They must create ghosts to rally their voters. Some are stupid enough to fall for it.

95% of the criticism leveled at Obama is about POLICY, not race.

I'm not convinced that is accurate Goshin. What about the criticism regarding the validity of his Birth Certificate and that he is Muslim and a Terrorist Supporter? That has nothing to do with Policy. Are you suggesting only 5% believe that nonsense?

This thread, which you felt storngly enough to respond to, is in regard to Morgan freeman levelling charges of racism. In recent weeks several democrats have levelled the charge of racism. Do a quick Google search for Tea Party and racism and you will see many people levelling the accusation. Many people on this site continue to do it. If people werent levelling the charge of racism towards the Tea Party on a regular basis we would be HAVING this discussion. Oh...I think we know WHY they level the charges. They simply cannot run on their economic record. They cant run on jobs. They cant run on peolosis promise of no new debt spending. They cant run on transparency and openness. They must create ghosts to rally their voters. Some are stupid enough to fall for it.
Repeating your claims doesn't make them any less baseless. You have yet to prove that charges of racism are based on anything other than the facts that the racist signs have appeared at Tea Party rallies and that Tea Partiers have made racist statements.

He must prove they are based on nothing. Well, those "racist" signs and statements are weak, few and far between just like every other organization. Some signs may even have been planted. The debate does not rest on his proving a negative, but your proving a claim. I think most people agree that the number of racists in the TP are about the same as in every other organization. Only a hardcore partisan (or race-fixated person) is interested in smearing an entire party do to a few bad apples, some planted crap and odd statements by supporters. Didn't Obama get an endorsement from Hamas? Does that make democrats terrorists. The race card against the TP is a smear campaign propagated by hyper-partisans. Everyone can see this except those busily gathering google pics of stupid crap and sucking every out-of-context quote Media Matters can provide.

I neither use or nor endorse the use of the Tea Party. This isn't personal, for me.

Last edited:
Repeating your claims doesn't make them any less baseless. You have yet to prove that charges of racism are based on anything other than the facts that the racist signs have appeared at Tea Party rallies and that Tea Partiers have made racist statements.
Repeating claims that the Tea PArty is racist without proof doesnt make those claims any less baseless. A few signs held at rallies-a few comments attributed to random individuals...and THAT justifies labelling The Tea Party as racist? Bigot much?

Repeating claims that the Tea PArty is racist without proof doesnt make those claims any less baseless. A few signs held at rallies-a few comments attributed to random individuals...and THAT justifies labelling The Tea Party as racist? Bigot much?
Who's a bigot? And who said that calling the Tea Party racist was justified?

Wow a Black actor who supports Obama calls a group that thinks Obama is a main instigator of government waste "racist"

earth shattering news

what is really pathetic is that MF most likely voted for the empty suit because Obama is black

+1
You hit that nail on the head.....Could you imagin the Up-Roar/ Revolt from the NAACP if some White actor or reconized White sport athlete went on TV and called Obama a Racist.?

And the fact is that Obama is a Racist.....The truth is the truth.

Last edited:
Who's a bigot? And who said that calling the Tea Party racist was justified?
Anyone that would call "The Tea Party" racist because of actions of selected individuals. Or are you ok with calling Democrats pedophiles because the majority of NAMBLA supporters are liberal democrats?

Anyone that would call "The Tea Party" racist because of actions of selected individuals. Or are you ok with calling Democrats pedophiles because the majority of NAMBLA supporters are liberal democrats?
What does any of this have to do with anything I've said?

Oh *yawn* - talk about requesting a rehash of old news. Another request to show that PEOPLE can be racist? It surely isn't divided by political lines. Or do you really believe that there's not a single racist soul on the Left?

Of course there are - doesn't make their political PARTY itself racist, does it?

Your reply to my post makes my point, really - we all know there are racists on the Left but no one really considers the Dems to *be* racist as a political party.
Not aware of any group within the Democratic realm that has routinely shown up with racist signs and chants since Malcolm X's followers were pretty staunchly told by Dems not to show up at their rallies and conventions with their racist signs and chants back in the 1960s.... so humor me- cite a few examples.

Morgan Freeman is a Old Hipocrit.

He is so Racist toward the Blacks....That's Right....The Blacks.

When was the last time you can recall seeing him hanging with any of his own kind.?....RARE!!

He spends all his quality time being with, and around White people.
You will never see him at any NAACP, Black Panther or any Black related event. Sometimes I think he's related to Tiger Wood.

Who the **** cares what Morgan Freeman thinks? He should stick to acting - something he knows something about.

Morgan Freeman is a Old Hipocrit.

He is so Racist toward the Blacks....That's Right....The Blacks.

When was the last time you can recall seeing him hanging with any of his own kind.?....RARE!!

He spends all his quality time being with, and around White people.
You will never see him at any NAACP, Black Panther or any Black related event. Sometimes I think he's related to Tiger Wood.

When was the last time you recall seeing any celebrity in public...

When was the last time you recall seeing any celebrity in public...
I may be totally mistaken...but I kinda suspect he/she/it is a POE and most likely a liberal pretending to be a conservative in an attempt to make conservatives look bad. OR he/she/it could just be a finalist for the dumbestmother****erontheplanet award.

I remember the night Obama got elected as President of the United States.

That was the longest night of my life.

I remember the night Obama got elected as President of the United States.

That was the longest night of my life.
Not me. I remeber the night of both the elections of Bush over Gore and Bush over Kerry and thought the same thing as I thought the night of Obama over McCain. In short...my thoughts were...'seriously? THIS is the BEST we have to offer? THIS is the best we have to choose from?'

Back
Top Bottom