• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morgan Freeman calls Tea Party racist

you are accusing me of being a bigot, against the Tea Party?

does that make someone who makes grand-generalizations against Liberals and Democrats, also a bigot?

Sorry, we aren't going there. You weren't simply trying to make a point.

Any time someone makes idiotic comments ALA 'the Tea Party is/are racist", then it is appropriate to point out to said retards that there are black leaders of the Tea Party movement, Hispanic, and yes, white...and so for a group of 'racists'...just who exactly are they racist AGAINST?

Any time someone makes idiotic comments ALA 'the Tea Party is/are racist", then it is appropriate to point out to said retards that there are black leaders of the Tea Party movement, Hispanic, and yes, white...and so for a group of 'racists'...just who exactly are they racist AGAINST?
How does being black or Hispanic stop one from being racist?

Any time someone makes idiotic comments ALA 'the Tea Party is/are racist", then it is appropriate to point out to said retards that there are black leaders of the Tea Party movement, Hispanic,...

who's to say they aren't self-loathing blacks and Hispanics?

Not sure if the Tea Party is racist elsewhere, but they certainly are in my area - they absolutely loathe Hispanics. They also loathe Muslims and believe the Muslim faith tells them to overthrow non-Muslim nations. When I look at the stated objectives of the Tea Party on their website, it does not appear to be bigoted, but attending a couple of their rallies proved that appearance to be wrong.
Had the incidences been sparse or had the Tea Party come out staunchly against such behavior, I would not feel the Tea Party to be bigoted. However, when a group allows members to wave racially-disgusting signs about Obama, shout racially-disgusting references to Hispanics and display both written and verbally the idea that all Muslims are terrorists on an on-going basis and does nothing to stop the behavior, then your group becomes firmly associated with whatever aberrant behavior it allows.
So the Democrat party is inherently racist - as a large, mass group?

Because I've seen a lot of racist filth spew from the lips, hands and mouths of numerous liberals over there. . .ad nauseum. . . for years.
Please cite examples. Also be aware I may not be able to answer until later today or tomorrow. I'm heading out to church soon and then spending the day with family. I like to debate, but I like to play with my great-grandkids even more.
No proof that the Democratic Party is racist? If I had to resort to this sort of tactic to defend my position in a debate I would reexamine my position.

Or it COULD be that the Tea Party folks truly are committed to a fiascally conservative government and that just outright pisses people off because they cant continue to spend money like crackfiends. And since democrats cant run on their economic record, throw out the racist label. And look...it works...for a certain group of folks. Consistently high unemployment...out of control debt spending...sure...why not...blame the Tea Party folks.

Or it COULD be that the Tea Party folks truly are committed to a fiascally conservative government....

funny, is that why the new Tea Party members of Congress didn't want to cut farm subsidies during the battles to prevent a govt. shutdown?

Or it COULD be that the Tea Party folks truly are committed to a fiascally conservative government and that just outright pisses people off because they cant continue to spend money like crackfiends. And since democrats cant run on their economic record, throw out the racist label. And look...it works...for a certain group of folks. Consistently high unemployment...out of control debt spending...sure...why not...blame the Tea Party folks.
I see your still fearful of acknowledging that the Tea Party isn't a threat to the Democrats. I see you're also unaware that most Democrats favor cutting spending as well. But then again, this is coming from the guy who thinks that the presence of Hispanics proves that racism doesn't exist.

funny, is that why the new Tea Party members of Congress didn't want to cut farm subsidies during the battles to prevent a govt. shutdown?

Mary Landrieu is the one fighting to maintain farm subsidies.

Agriculture

Paul Ryan's budget resolution cut $30 billion in farm subsidies.

I see your still fearful of acknowledging that the Tea Party isn't a threat to the Democrats. I see you're also unaware that most Democrats favor cutting spending as well. But then again, this is coming from the guy who thinks that the presence of Hispanics proves that racism doesn't exist.
Horse****. Doemocrats are as invested in big government and spending as are the republicans. Those two groups of clowns spend months hammering out 'cuts' that equate to a drop in the bucket with regard to the DEFICIT and never touch the actual spending cuts needed. All they care about is protecting the spending their constituents value.

No...I dont think democrats are threatened by the 'Tea Party'. Ive pointed it out myself several times...the Tea Party goes after republicans. It is highly unlikely a Tea Party candidate will unseat a cash pig like, say Boxer or Pelosi. But then...thats not why the democrats are throwing out the racist label. They are throwing out the racist label because they CANT run on their record. When you have nothing...toss out racism charges.

yep that is the most logical explanation of those who constantly whine that the tea party is infected with racism. Its an intellectually sloppy short cut

when did Paul Ryan author his budget resolution?

This year. Do you pay attention to politics? The Paul Ryan Budget has been the central topic of discussion!

Better question...when did Paul Ryan state he wanted to lynch blacks and see black folks hanging from trees?

Horse****. Doemocrats are as invested in big government and spending as are the republicans. Those two groups of clowns spend months hammering out 'cuts' that equate to a drop in the bucket with regard to the DEFICIT and never touch the actual spending cuts needed. All they care about is protecting the spending their constituents value.
Opinion noted.

No...I dont think democrats are threatened by the 'Tea Party'. Ive pointed it out myself several times...the Tea Party goes after republicans. It is highly unlikely a Tea Party candidate will unseat a cash pig like, say Boxer or Pelosi. But then...thats not why the democrats are throwing out the racist label. They are throwing out the racist label because they CANT run on their record. When you have nothing...toss out racism charges.
You don't need the racist label to dispute Tea Party policies, particularly when the Tea Party isn't a threat. There is ZERO reason to "throw out a racist label" since nobody cares about the Tea Party except for the media. Racism came up because of racist signs and racist things said by Tea Party members and politicians - not because the Democrats threw it out there.

Of COURSE you dont need the racist label to dispute Tea Party politics. You can actually have an HONEST disagreement with them, just like the Tea Party folks can HONESTLY believe in a constitutional government, smaller, and a fiscally conservative and responsible budget without wanting to see black folks strung up. LIBERALS (not all mind you) but LIBERALS are the ones that constantly bring up the charge of racist. Hell...some are actually moronic enough to believe it. But maybe...JUUUUUUUST maybe...Tea PArty folks dont like an out of control fed and it has NOTHING to do with racism. And MAYBE...JUUUUUUUST maybe...people that continue to label an entire group of people with hyperbole are bigots and trolls.

Do YOU believe "the Tea Party" is racist? Not are some Tea Party members...hell...thats low hangiung fruit...I can point to a few liberal racists and throw that label out all day. So...IS the Tea Party racist in your mind?

April 5th, 2011. and when was the fight over the govt. shutdown?

After the Senate refused to address the bill the House sent them.

ok, so Ryan's budget was released 5 days before the shutdown.

they were fighting over this for weeks on end.

Which has what to do with your accusations that farm subsidies were being defended from cuts by the Tea Party?

Of COURSE you dont need the racist label to dispute Tea Party politics. You can actually have an HONEST disagreement with them, just like the Tea Party folks can HONESTLY believe in a constitutional government, smaller, and a fiscally conservative and responsible budget without wanting to see black folks strung up. LIBERALS (not all mind you) but LIBERALS are the ones that constantly bring up the charge of racist. Hell...some are actually moronic enough to believe it. But maybe...JUUUUUUUST maybe...Tea PArty folks dont like an out of control fed and it has NOTHING to do with racism. And MAYBE...JUUUUUUUST maybe...people that continue to label an entire group of people with hyperbole are bigots and trolls.
None of this has any effect on the fact that you have yet substantiate your claim that the Democrats are "throwing out the racist label" for any other reason than the presence of racist signs at TP rallies and racist statements made by Tea Party members.

Do YOU believe "the Tea Party" is racist? Not are some Tea Party members...hell...thats low hangiung fruit...I can point to a few liberal racists and throw that label out all day. So...IS the Tea Party racist in your mind?
I've made it clear that I don't perceive the Tea Party to be a racist organization in every thread where such accusations have come up. I've also made it clear that I understand why others disagree with me and do, in fact, perceive it to be racist. Moreover, I believe anyone who pretends that accusations that the Tea Party is racist are senseless are either dishonest or unperceptive.

Please cite examples. Also be aware I may not be able to answer until later today or tomorrow. I'm heading out to church soon and then spending the day with family. I like to debate, but I like to play with my great-grandkids even more.

Oh *yawn* - talk about requesting a rehash of old news. Another request to show that PEOPLE can be racist? It surely isn't divided by political lines. Or do you really believe that there's not a single racist soul on the Left?

Of course there are - doesn't make their political PARTY itself racist, does it?

Your reply to my post makes my point, really - we all know there are racists on the Left but no one really considers the Dems to *be* racist as a political party.

Back
Top Bottom