• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morgan Freeman calls Tea Party racist

This sums up my feelings. Had the incidences been sparse or had the Tea Party come out staunchly against such behavior, I would not feel the Tea Party to be bigoted. However, when a group allows members to wave racially-disgusting signs about Obama, shout racially-disgusting references to Hispanics and display both written and verbally the idea that all Muslims are terrorists on an on-going basis and does nothing to stop the behavior, then your group becomes firmly associated with whatever aberrant behavior it allows.

So the Democrat party is inherently racist - as a large, mass group?

Because I've seen a lot of racist filth spew from the lips, hands and mouths of numerous liberals over there. . .ad nauseum. . . for years.

So the Democrat party is inherently racist ..... Because I've seen a lot of racist filth spew from the lips, hands and mouths of numerous liberals over there. . .ad nauseum. . . for years.
Please cite examples. Also be aware I may not be able to answer until later today or tomorrow. I'm heading out to church soon and then spending the day with family. I like to debate, but I like to play with my great-grandkids even more.

I would agree that the main motivation behind the tea party is not racism. However, to deny that there has been some ugly evidence of racism at tea party meetings and protests is to deny reality and visual evidence captured on film.

indeed. thank you for your wise post.

This sums up my feelings. Had the incidences been sparse or had the Tea Party come out staunchly against such behavior, I would not feel the Tea Party to be bigoted. However, when a group allows members to wave racially-disgusting signs about Obama, shout racially-disgusting references to Hispanics and display both written and verbally the idea that all Muslims are terrorists on an on-going basis and does nothing to stop the behavior, then your group becomes firmly associated with whatever aberrant behavior it allows.

You should stop doing this at the rally's you attend. My point? My accusations are as valid as yours.

The Black Congressional Congress.

really? what official party-platforms of the CBC are racist?

and again I ask, which racial/ethnic/religious/national/sexual groups am I bigoted against?

Last edited:

and again I ask, which racial/ethnic/religious/national/sexual groups am I bigoted against?

the exclusion of whites from their membership....even white who agree with their agenda/goals.

the exclusion of whites from their membership....even white who agree with their agenda/goals.

please provide evidence that the CBC forbids white Congressmen from joining.

How about the Congressional Hispanic Conference? Do they allow in non-Hispanics?

Last edited:
there are some damn good reasons to call the Tea Party racist.

By all means, list them for us. Aftewards, I'll list all the damn good reasons to call Liberals dumbasses.

They wouldn't let Joe Cao join, because he's not black, although he represented a Section 5 district.

They wouldn't let Joe Cao join, because he's not black, although he represented a Section 5 district.

evidence that they did not let him in because he is not black.

now, does the Congressional Hispanic Conference allow in non-Hispanics?

The evidence is, they didn't let him join. If they were white and he was black, you would be using that as the only piece of evidence that they're racists.

There's more evidence that the CBC are racist against non-blacks, than there is that Tea Party is racist. At least the Tea Party has black members. Colonel West is a Tea Party congressman.

Would a "Congressional White Conference or Caucus" be racist?

Μολὼν λαβέ;1059823977 said:
Would a "Congressional White Conference or Caucus" be racist?

you didn't answer my question: does the Congressional Hispanic Conference allow in non-Hispanics?

you didn't answer my question: does the Congressional Hispanic Conference allow in non-Hispanics?

Did the U.S. Army segregate hispanic soldiers?

The evidence is, they didn't let him join. If they were white and he was black, you would be using that as the only piece of evidence that they're racists.

There's more evidence that the CBC are racist against non-blacks, than there is that Tea Party is racist. At least the Tea Party has black members. Colonel West is a Tea Party congressman.

that's all fine and good.

now, do you consider the Congressional Hispanic Conference to be racist?

Only blacks may join.

Like I've argued with others, you've made your bigoted opinions clear. There is no use in further discussions.

How about the Congressional Hispanic Conference? Do they allow in non-Hispanics?

I know it's difficult to actually do any research on an issue, so i went ahead and took some time out to provide you with some evidence of what everybody else already knows.

my exhaustive 1.3 second Google search turns up the most public display of the CBC exclusionary policy.
Clay made headlines in early 2007 when, as a member of the Congressional Black Caucus (co-founded by his father), he objected to the possible inclusion of U.S. Representative Steve Cohen of Tennessee, a Caucasian who represents the majority-African American district in Memphis and had made a campaign promise to attempt to become the first white member of the CBC. Although it is not part of the CBC's bylaws that members must be black, all members so far have been black.[4] Clay told Cohen "that he could not collaborate with the Congressional Black Caucus for the benefit of his black constituents 'until your skin turns black.'"[5] In response to press inquiries, he said, "Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer. He's white and the Caucus is black. It's time to move on. We have racial policies to pursue and we are pursuing them, as Mr. Cohen has learned. It's an unwritten rule. It's understood." In response to the decision, Cohen stated, "It's their caucus and they do things their way. You don't force your way in."[4] Clay issued an official statement from his office in reply to Cohen's complaint: "Quite simply, Rep. Cohen will have to accept what the rest of the country will have to accept — there has been an unofficial Congressional White Caucus for over 200 years, and now it's our turn to say who can join 'the club.' He does not, and cannot, meet the membership criteria, unless he can change his skin color. Primarily, we are concerned with the needs and concerns of the black population, and we will not allow white America to infringe on those objectives."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lacy_Clay,_Jr.

now, let's here the many ways in which you will deny the CBC does not exclude whites from it's membership.

I didn't know being Hispanic made someone immune to racism. The more you know. And how did I "ignore" that when the ethnicity of the "head of the Tea Party" wasn't a topic of conversation until right now?

Nothing? Well Obama beats every Republican candidate in head to head polls, the public doesn't really like the Tea Party and not even the mainstream Republicans care for the Tea Party. So like I said, Dems don't need to push "a racism platform" (LOL) to dismiss them.
Dems should run on their economic record.

I know it's difficult to actually do any research on an issue, so i went ahead and took some time out to provide you with some evidence of what everybody else already knows.

my exhaustive 1.3 second Google search turns up the most public display of the CBC exclusionary policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lacy_Clay,_Jr.

now, let's here the many ways in which you will deny the CBC does not exclude whites from it's membership.

Damn! Just...damn!!!

Back
Top Bottom