• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morgan Freeman calls Tea Party racist

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Start mocking-up Shawshank Redemption posters with Hitler mustaches! Shawshank star Morgan Freeman, who also famously played the president in the 1998 popcorn film, Deep Impact, tells Piers Morgan that the Tea Party movement is racist for its efforts to make Barack Obama a one-term president. The Oscar-winning actor said that Obama’s election has made race relations in this country worse, because the Tea Party movement is “a racist thing.” “Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term,” the actor said. “What’s, what does that, what underlines that? ‘Screw the country. We’re going to whatever we … can to get this black man outta here.’”
Freeman dismissed Morgan’s notion that the Tea Party’s motivations were strictly political, and expressed concern over the influence the Tea Partiers were wielding. “It just shows the weak, dark, underside of America,” he said. “We’re supposed to be better than that.” Watch below.

Morgan Freeman calls Tea Party racist | PopWatch | EW.com

Not a revelation of course. Nice to see folks come out and call a spade a spade. No pun intended here I promise you.

Last edited:
Wow a Black actor who supports Obama calls a group that thinks Obama is a main instigator of government waste "racist"

earth shattering news

what is really pathetic is that MF most likely voted for the empty suit because Obama is black

Morgan Freeman is right.

No, he really is not. It is just a convenient argument and an attempt to silence a group by falsely suggesting the movement is about race, a rather cowardly way to debate.

Wow a Black actor who supports Obama calls a group that thinks Obama is a main instigator of government waste "racist"

earth shattering news

what is really pathetic is that MF most likely voted for the empty suit because Obama is black

Yes because he's a really stupid man. Seriously. You just proved him right. Is it possible for you righties to consider the fact that a black person is capable of making rational choices? Never mind. Clearly you're do not.

there are some damn good reasons to call the Tea Party racist.

actually on a rational basis there is not

for far left extremists who worship Obama calling anyone who notes Obama is a clown, "racist" is the usual and pavlovian response

Yes because he's a really stupid man. Seriously. You just proved him right. Is it possible for you righties to consider the fact that a black person is capable of making rational choices? Never mind. Clearly you're do not.

good actor yes-educated on politics-obviously not

good actor yes-educated on politics-obviously not

Simply because he disagrees with right wing politics does NOT mean he is not educated on politics. Agreement with far right beliefs is NOT the standard for being knowledgeable or informed on issues of the day.

Simply because he disagrees with right wing politics does NOT mean he is not educated on politics. Agreement with far right beliefs is NOT the standard for being knowledgeable or informed on issues of the day.

hear hear!!!! truth has been told.

No, he really is not. It is just a convenient argument and an attempt to silence a group by falsely suggesting the movement is about race, a rather cowardly way to debate.

The problem is you can't really pin down what the Tea Party is about. Being a bottom-up group, it is whatever somebody decides it is that day. It started as being about fiscal issues, but became a catch-all for anybody who hated Obama for any reason whatsoever. Don't like him because he favors legal abortion? -- Tea Party. Don't like him because he's a Democrat? -- Tea Party.

It would be incredibly naive to think that there is nobody who dislikes Obama because of his race. May not be a high profile person, but they exist, and they do come to Tea Party events. Show me what the Tea Party is about to you, and I'll show you somebody who thinks it's about something else. It's really just Republicans now anyway. "Tea Partier" has simply come to mean "someone who doesn't like Obama."

earth shattering news

So all black people are alike and feel the same way and do the same thing and are incapable of independent thought and actions? Brilliant!

Have a pretty good feeling that a number of blacks voted for Obama because he would be the first black president. Fairly safe with that assumption.

I also feel there are a number of racists who have found a home in the Tea Party.

You simply can't use such a wide paint brush when labeling the whole group. Of course with groups such as the KKK that would be the exception.

I like and respect Morgan Freeman.

I also disagree with him this time. I am disappointed that he is joining the crowd who thinks "all criticism of Obama is rooted in racism." This is nonsense. 95% of the criticism leveled at Obama is about POLICY, not race.

I for instance would have been okay with Alan Keyes as Prez. I like Herman Cain though I disagree with him on certain policy issues. My problems with Obama are rooted in policy, not race.

The problem is you can't really pin down what the Tea Party is about. Being a bottom-up group, it is whatever somebody decides it is that day. It started as being about fiscal issues, but became a catch-all for anybody who hated Obama for any reason whatsoever. Don't like him because he favors legal abortion? -- Tea Party. Don't like him because he's a Democrat? -- Tea Party.

It would be incredibly naive to think that there is nobody who dislikes Obama because of his race. May not be a high profile person, but they exist, and they do come to Tea Party events. Show me what the Tea Party is about to you, and I'll show you somebody who thinks it's about something else. It's really just Republicans now anyway. "Tea Partier" has simply come to mean "someone who doesn't like Obama."

That all very well may be true but it is the suggestion of Tea Party intention that bothers me the most. I am not suggesting that there are no racist members of the Tea Party, no one can make that assertion and I am sure there are a few of them. But at the same time it is also naive to suggest there are no racist Obama supporters. My position on this is "racism" cries are being used to negate the real debate on why the Tea Party exists at all. You are right though about the influence of the Tea Party movement into Republican politics.

Freeman said the Tea Party is JUST about race?

No doubt. It's why they got so up in arms over TARP since as we all know that was nothing more than a give away to minorities.

Back
Top Bottom